[On Hold] Kinetic Blast Deadeye [Magic Find Speed Mapper]

I got some real damn issues with killing incursion bosses to progress rooms with this build. im 81 atm, sometimes the bosses die like instantly, sometimes they are tanky like hell. Like taking 20 seconds of constant shotgunning to get down.

In h/o I got 27k dps in my 6L with KB. I use barrage with knockback to get them into walls so I can shotgun them.. but it.. yeah, it just dosnt work most of the time. I do Not get it. Sometimes they die really fast, but most of the time they are too tanky for me to kill.

I thought i'd try it out as a MF build to get some solid currency rolling in.. but is this a viable build in this league without HH? I mean. The Incursion is such a major part of it. am I doing something wrong or is the build just not optimal for doing quick maps + incursions?
What's the best clearing setup for t10-t11 for kb ?
Spoiler

I didnt do Merciless and Uber lab for the moment that's the reason that i still have Pierce in my 6L. Got a Piscator with chance to gain power charge so i've decided to use Poacher's mark in curse on hit setup. What do you guys think i change ? ( I know that i need to get my lab's asap, i'm just waiting for my uber carry to wake up).
Leveling this character is a real pain.
Anyone got any pointers or recommended items other than the ones mentioned? I just feel so squishy and don't do much damage.
T15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khQvab15uDI

This build is izi with aurabot.

If you add full-abyss gear you can go pretty high-up. It's cheap AF atm. I mean guardians should be doable with double ventors and bisco's. (Using lightpoacher, bubonic, gloves + shroud -> use jewels with chaos res and added lightning for gg.)

Current gear:

Spoiler

Noob questions:

1) How do we activate the extra dmg from esh's mirror for each shocked enemy killed recently? does it apply from critically hit monsters? Isnt it more consistant to grab the 2 lower nodes near Primeval force wich have a chance to shock/ignite/freeze enemies instead of the higher ones wich only have 2 % extra dmg each?

2)Whats the minimun MF quantity you need to make a difference or to sustain your map pool (i already have tier 11 underground sea map shaped and all tier 11/12 uncompleted) IS there a magic number/threshold? im currently running 15% sadima's, 8% perandus, 18% goldwyrm's. Should i invest in ventor's to reach certain threshold sacrificing some damage?

3)What is your general approach to deal with single target bosses? Does ranged totem > barrage > gmp > knockback work or is it kinda klunky (to make them get near a wall and shotgun your kineticblast)

4)what stats does a rare wand need (or what should i look out for) for it to be an upgrade of piscator's ? does the elemental dps of the wand count or just plain global stats?

5)is vaal pact really good after the nerf for this build? is it worth it with so few life leech nodes?
Last edited by EqualsAwesome on Jun 20, 2018, 9:02:07 AM
Levelling a real pain ? no way... buy 2x poets pen, and level with those, Bodyswap / Volatile Dead, ez game until you can switch to your wander gear.
"
Hi, I was wondering if this is possible to do as a regular kb build, as in general mapping and boss killing. If so, do you have any suggestions for what type of gear i need or want to look for. Thanks!
I don't recommend making this an "all-around" build. There are better builds to go all-around with. If you are trying to force it then consider going Thunderfists or a Shaper Helm or Tempest Binding for your KB and Barrage in a 6-L for your Chest. On top of that you need some really great abyss jewels and levels to get those nodes. I'd also pick up point blank and focus on getting great life/res flat damage from your jewelery.

"
I seem to be struggling with some INT during the early leveling phases as I want to level my KB but I can't D:

Any1 have some tips for this issue?
Atziri's Mirror is a great starter shield. Really cheap and tons of res and int.

"
How's this build at T14's in 3.3? Did a lot change? I'd like to be able to do Burial Chambers and T11-T14's when I get bored.
Not much has changed with this build. Incursion didn't really bring us much in terms of new toys to play with... (other than a sweet KB MTX!)

"
I'm dying so damn fast, because of almost no resistances (I guess). It's still fun to play, because everything just pops so fast, but sometimes I'm dying more than I'm levelling. And I'm talking about T1 Maps actually.
Get resists and life. Take off quant if you have to.

"
Possible to go with Scion build? if yes please tell me what nodes should i take in ascendancy
It is possible, use my tree as a guideline but I would probably try and work in the Scion Life Wheel and go a route of more abyssal jewel stacking. I like pathfinder/deadeye/raider/elementalist/assassin/inquisitor in no particular order.

"
I got some real damn issues with killing incursion bosses to progress rooms with this build. im 81 atm, sometimes the bosses die like instantly, sometimes they are tanky like hell. Like taking 20 seconds of constant shotgunning to get down.

In h/o I got 27k dps in my 6L with KB. I use barrage with knockback to get them into walls so I can shotgun them.. but it.. yeah, it just dosnt work most of the time. I do Not get it. Sometimes they die really fast, but most of the time they are too tanky for me to kill.

I thought i'd try it out as a MF build to get some solid currency rolling in.. but is this a viable build in this league without HH? I mean. The Incursion is such a major part of it. am I doing something wrong or is the build just not optimal for doing quick maps + incursions?
I was having this issue as well. Having a large amount of area of effect (from Dying Sun, Inc AoE Gem, Helm Enchant, etc.) can help your KB reach the Architects that sit in the middle of the room. I haven't had issues since my AoE reached a decent amount. I also use Vaal Breach at the moment.

"
What's the best clearing setup for t10-t11 for kb ?
There is no "best" setup. This mentality I think comes from MMOs where people think there is a "Best In Slot" or "Best possible gear" this game is wonderful because that doesn't exist. You can literally mix and match rare pieces and skill gems to make the build your own. The spirit of this build is to balance damage, quant, movespeed, and survivability. The "best" build will be one that plays well for your goals. I did a max quant low HP build for T3 maps and took off some quant for damage and life when I switched to my T16 farming. It's all individual and the guide aims to give you different options depending on the content you want to farm.

"
Leveling this character is a real pain.
Anyone got any pointers or recommended items other than the ones mentioned? I just feel so squishy and don't do much damage.
I'm going to be overhauling the leveling section of this guide later this league as this is a common complaint. I don't typically league start with a wander so for now I will add "tough to league start with" on the cons list. I generally don't begin leveling my wander until I have tabula, storm prison, and the big one is thiefs torment.

"
T15:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khQvab15uDI

This build is izi with aurabot.
I don't generally do team play but good to know you're having success especially in T15!

"
Noob questions:

1) How do we activate the extra dmg from esh's mirror for each shocked enemy killed recently? does it apply from critically hit monsters? Isnt it more consistant to grab the 2 lower nodes near Primeval force wich have a chance to shock/ignite/freeze enemies instead of the higher ones wich only have 2 % extra dmg each?

2)Whats the minimun MF quantity you need to make a difference or to sustain your map pool (i already have tier 11 underground sea map shaped and all tier 11/12 uncompleted) IS there a magic number/threshold? im currently running 15% sadima's, 8% perandus, 18% goldwyrm's. Should i invest in ventor's to reach certain threshold sacrificing some damage?

3)What is your general approach to deal with single target bosses? Does ranged totem > barrage > gmp > knockback work or is it kinda klunky (to make them get near a wall and shotgun your kineticblast)

4)what stats does a rare wand need (or what should i look out for) for it to be an upgrade of piscator's ? does the elemental dps of the wand count or just plain global stats?

5)is vaal pact really good after the nerf for this build? is it worth it with so few life leech nodes?
1) There is no activation required. You can look at your tooltip go up as you kill shocked enemies with Esh's Mirror. The build requires you to move fast and "snowball" maps. Since this isn't obvious I'll be adding a section to Tips and Tricks that talks about this. Read up on how shock works and if you want to get those nodes then go for it! https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

2) Quant from the player does not effect map drops. Quant from the map, sextants, and zana map device to effect your map drops.

3) I either don't do bosses (skip them) or find a way to cheese them via shotgunning against a wall or knocking them back against a wall. This limits the types of maps I can do.

4) Path of Building is made for questions like these. Piscators is very hard to beat nowadays because of Abyss Jewels but I encourage you to look at Path of Building to see what kind of wand it would take to beat it with your current setup.

5) Vaal Pact is the only source of leech rate which is very important for Evasion based builds. While you can't rely on evading all attacks you can reliably not get hit twice. So surviving initial damage and leeching up before you get hit again is a perfectly reasonable defensive strategy. Vaal Pact is huge in making sure you can leech up to full before that 2nd hit. Try playing without it and see if there's a difference for you. If there isn't then don't use it. Simple as that. The guide is a guideline.

"
Levelling a real pain ? no way... buy 2x poets pen, and level with those, Bodyswap / Volatile Dead, ez game until you can switch to your wander gear.
I can't really recommend people level with things that are "out of reach" for new players. I do agree that more experienced players that know how to use Sunder/Poets Pen/Abberaths are at a great advantage when leveling a new character but I'll be working on doing a "fresh league start" version of the leveling guide that can get to maps on a couple of 4-links. I'll be testing in SSF later this league and overhauling the leveling section.

Leveling is super rough following your guide. Running Barrage and KB to level with 2x Twyzels, Lochtonial, Tabula, thief's torment, etc - and barrage dmg isn't even above 1.5k. Pretty much spending 5-10 minutes killing a boss and dying a ton. Pushing forward, but it's rough
This build has been pretty good so far as a clearspeed build and is surprisingly not too expensive to get started. Thanks for the guide.

When it comes to leveling I did what I always do on Ranger characters and went blade vortex until level 65. I used Reverberating Rod in a pseudo 4 link and then switched to Eclipse Solaris and ran blade vortex in a 4 link. Pair this with any generic uniques that give bonuses to physical damage like belt of the deceiver and the build has plenty of damage until you switch over to KB/Barrage. With blade vortex I ran Spell Echo, Physical to Lightning, and inc aoe/conc effect while running blasphemy warlords mark and Herald of Ice. Blade vortex doesn't really benefit from what our tree is going but the damage is good on it's own so it'll at least get you through leveling.
Hey guys, could use some help. Got past leveling and have begun mapping, I'm getting decimated.

Barrage does a whopping 800 damage at level 72, and isn't viable for any single target dmg period. That's in a 4 link like he has his current setup. I've got most of the recommended gear, and am buying Uber lab runs (if I can ever survive the traps). How did you guys get over this hump? Ty

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info