[3.2][Slayer/Reave/Blade Flurry] Embrace the Madness [Oni-Goroshi/Budget to End Game]

"
Glendoor wrote:
Would using a Belly of the Beast be ok? I already have a 6 link one on my other character, at least this way I can use that and not have to buy another sword and Kaom's Heart.

Of course a Belly is a good option. I didn't talk about it in the guide because I think it's an expensive option to get another 6 links but less life. It's totally viable though (even more when it's free) + it has resists that will help reach cap but it won't give as much life as a Kaom's.

"
Rafix123 wrote:
So at 90lvl i shoudl get like 90k dps ? Ofc with 20/20 gems and without flasks?

Not only with 20/20 gems ! I have flat phys on all jewellery, crit multi on amulet, accuracy on gear, attack speed on gloves etc. I can't even tell you what the tooltip says without the amulet because I won't have enough intel to use Reave and Blade Flurry without it. Without my gloves and rings it says 80k dps. You can use my PoB links and strip me (naughty ^^) off my gear to see what the real dps is :)
Last edited by iktose on Jan 22, 2018, 5:19:29 PM
Nice guide man but is it ok to use other ascendancy since oni-goroshi count as one hand weapon and it take no effect of the slayer minor point of ascendancy which give 14% damage per point.
Seems solid I only have one question. Why aren't you using Vaal Reave? It doubles your Reaves AoE to your entire screen. Could even drop the inc AoE gem for something else when using it.(Although i personally like hitting things off screen as a "melee" build)
"
SoulMimic wrote:
Nice guide man but is it ok to use other ascendancy since oni-goroshi count as one hand weapon and it take no effect of the slayer minor point of ascendancy which give 14% damage per point.

Thanks ! It's true this build doesn't benefit from the damage in Slayer ascendancy but it does more than enough damage even without it. Primary goal of Slayer was to be able to handle the damage from The Embrace without even thinking about it. 20% culling strike, immune to stun and bleeding, onslaught when you kill a rere or unique, more damage and increased AoE if you've killed recently are also great perks of the Slayer.
If you want to use my PoB links and try another ascendancy it would be cool to compare the upsides and downsides with the Slayer. Let me know if you come to something interesting !

"
Seems solid I only have one question. Why aren't you using Vaal Reave? It doubles your Reaves AoE to your entire screen. Could even drop the inc AoE gem for something else when using it.(Although i personally like hitting things off screen as a "melee" build)

I tried Vaal Reave with the build and it's really great and gives a huge AoE boost. But in the end I felt it was more useful to replace it with Vaal Grace to add another layer of defense because Slayer doesn't have defenses except for the leech. When it comes to Vaal skill gems you can use either Vaal Reave, Vaal Haste or Vaal Grace depending on your playstyle, even swap the gems between mapping and bosses.
How could you proc soul of Arakaali with just IC?
You are taking both BloodRage and HerEmbrace dot.
You're right, my bad. I'm going to change this in the guide. Arakaali would still be good for the reduced damage taken from DoTs when your leech isn't high enough but Solaris or Lunaris would be better for the build.

Thank you for pointing that out :)
Last edited by iktose on Jan 23, 2018, 3:32:10 PM
I have similar build but running double strike with ancestral call/ruthless for end game boss. Tree is very similar too. Couple point I want to get your thoughts.

- Why not take Primeval force 4 points? For less life more dps. I think its worth it.
- For the belt, if you try use darkness Enthroned with two abyssal jewel (life, attack speed when crit and/or phys to attack), its very similar amount of life you get but more dps, considering you can cap resist from other gear. Try it in pob.
- Glove enchant, if you can try commandment Fury enchant it has insane dps, leveling to mid level mapping it amazing. But if you reave the AoE/clear speed is already good enough then this is no need. My build fully buff with just lion roar flask, it give me over 200k tooltip dps on fury. Even on red map it kill mob in a long range and it has pierce too.
- For glove, tombfist provide alot more dps. But need need to cap resist from other gear.
- On your tree, you seen to spend point on mana (2 points Druidic rite), why not try Versatility instead? Less mana for skills, more accuracy (for BF), help cap int and attack speed.

My tree isn't after more life, I feel 5.5k - 6.2k is good enough, one shot is still one shot, unless you go well above 7k life. That said, 7k life it will definitely sacrifice some dps.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
Thanks you for your thoughts !

- Primeval force : sounds like a viable choice but not what I want for the build. The idea was to have a good DPS without sacrificing life and defenses. Speccing Primeval force in my PoB gives me +4.5% shaper dps but -500/600 HP. I think it's too few dps for 5 points spent and too much life lost. Some people might want to go this way though.

- Darkness Enthroned : you're right here this could also work. Gearing options are not set in stone. Could give a nice DPS boost to the build without sacrificing life/resists.

- Glove enchant : I always use Fury with 2h characters but here I'm using spiked gloves so no enchant possible or I'll overwrtie the 19% inc damage explicit. I think Fury is great but as you said Reave already has a good AoE/clearspeed so it's not needed.

- Tombfist : again that could work but you'll have to choose between Tombfist and Darkness Enthroned ro you(ll have a hard time capping your resists. Also Tombfist has an abyssal socket or two so you'll have to drop 1 or gems from the build and if you don't want to drop offensive gems you'll have to drop defensive ones.

- Druidic rite : I took this one because of the very low mana pool I had left after I switched to HoA + Hatred + AO + Enlighten. It's also great because of the buffs it gives to our flasks. 20% increased duration = 1 second for each flasks and with the 20% inc charges gained you'll never run out of flasks. I agree this is more quality of life but it's nice to have :)
Another solution is to link leap slam with blood magic as this is what will drain your mana in maps but again you would have to sacrifice another gem for it. Versatility is nice and gives some intel to help with the requirement of the blue gems. Again this is a matter of how you like to play your character. All those options are viable :)

My goal was to have a good balance between offense and defense. Once I reached 1.5M+ Shaper in PoB I used the rest of the points and gems for defense. I'm lazy sometimes and I like to be able to facetank a boss or to be distracted or tired and not die because I wasn't able do manually dodge in time.
I understand some people want to get the best dps possible by sacrificing life/defenses though and I respect that.
Wanting to try this build as I have a slayer on a standby kind of mode and I'm wondering if using Atziri's Acuity would be a good option for gloves? I've got a pair in my stash and I'm not hungering for resistances if I use it and that would mean I could just drop Vaal Pact? Would this be a bit of a DPS loss over using spiked gloves?

Thanks for your detailed guide!
You're welcome :)

That would be a viable option but not the best.
Atziri's Acuity have Vaal Pact / Intel / Life / Crit chance. That means you could drop the intel on jewellery and focus on dps oriented stats instead and you could also drop Vaal Pact (but it's only one 1 skill point). Spiked Gloves with inc melee damage / accuracy / attack speed like mine adds almost 10% dps to the build.
So yes, you'll lose some dps that you'll have to get on some other gear.
Last edited by iktose on Jan 25, 2018, 12:58:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info