[3.7-Slayer] 2h Freezing Cyclone! *Out Dated*

Which flaks would be the best? atm im using the same flasks u using with your slayer in standard lv 98
"
kadukt wrote:
Which flaks would be the best? atm im using the same flasks u using with your slayer in standard lv 98

Those are the ones that I prefer but there are other options. Wise oak is decent to use with taste of hate for some added elemental defense and damage. Nicer for clearing than lions roar which I use only when on a boss.

I have never used a vinktar but it wouldn’t be horrible. Did you have any specific ones in mind?
OH and with your lv 98 slayer what the point of using hypothermia, increased of area of effect to clear could be better no?
"
kadukt wrote:
OH and with your lv 98 slayer what the point of using hypothermia, increased of area of effect to clear could be better no?

Damage and added freeze, which is kinda the point of the build. ;)

Sure inc aoe is fine to use but I personally don't feel the increase is THAT big of a deal to use over Hypo. If you feel you need it by all means use inc aoe. Just means you'll lose out on some clearing damage and chance to freeze as well as have to swap it for conc effect on boss if you don't want to waste time. Things I don't really care to be bothered with!

To put it in perspective, Hypo in a 5l is 3rd highest dmg support under Conc Effect and Ele Focus. As long as you are consistently chilling, which we are, it's more damage than Maim.
Last edited by Muirey on Jan 24, 2018, 3:58:50 PM
ok... so i finally got all my trial complete for the uber lab.

Did 3 try : got 1 shot by Isaro or Argus... T_T

"
gargantua0 wrote:
ok... so i finally got all my trial complete for the uber lab.

Did 3 try : got 1 shot by Isaro or Argus... T_T

If you're having trouble with 'big hits' don't forget about fortify support. It can replace even Melee Physical without losing that much damage. If you had your five link in something other than Carcass Jack, I'd say recolor for GRRRR or GRRRB but Carcass is a pain to get reds. I'd switch out ele prolif for either elemental focus or conc effect while running Labs.

If you go Ele Focus do you could do Cyclone-Ele Focus-EDwA-Fortify-Cold Pen/Faster attacks and rip through him pretty quickly.

for Conc: Cyclone-Conc-EDwA-Fortify-Cold pen/Faster attacks.

Either would be fine. I don't ever to Argus on first Uber run so I can't really comment on that. However, Izaro shouldn't be any issue at all with your gear. Just take your time and dodge his big swings. Better to take your time and live than rush only to die! ;)

Only other thing that I can think of that's helpful is Writhing Jar to trigger leech/killed recently bonuses.
Last edited by Muirey on Jan 26, 2018, 9:32:52 AM
something is wrong with me i guess.

I gived it an another try after buying some quality gem.
I succesfully engaged him without dying, and keep up the fight for about 15sec.
I barely scratched him, maybe 15% (not sure, i was a bit busy)

2nd attempt, i win the first phase (but not easy), and i was confident for the second phase because i got a regen buff from darkshrine, he still killed me with one of his big attack before i can react.

Tooltip show 33Kdps.
Got 3,5K hp
~1000 Armor / 4300 Evasion

What is strange, is that i had really no difficulty with my old Ngamahu cyclone char (i did uber lab at lvl 70), and i don't see that much difference, except for fps (50K in tooltip).

Damn :(
"
gargantua0 wrote:
something is wrong with me i guess.

I gived it an another try after buying some quality gem.
I succesfully engaged him without dying, and keep up the fight for about 15sec.
I barely scratched him, maybe 15% (not sure, i was a bit busy)

2nd attempt, i win the first phase (but not easy), and i was confident for the second phase because i got a regen buff from darkshrine, he still killed me with one of his big attack before i can react.

Tooltip show 33Kdps.
Got 3,5K hp
~1000 Armor / 4300 Evasion

What is strange, is that i had really no difficulty with my old Ngamahu cyclone char (i did uber lab at lvl 70), and i don't see that much difference, except for fps (50K in tooltip).

Damn :(

As I said in previous post, swap out Hypo for something that will actually help against Izaro. Cold pen or faster attacks are best choice.

If you want to keep Hypo in you can put vortex into CWDT setup and anything standing in the vortex is chilled. Then it would trigger the bonus of Hypo but otherwise it's a wasted link when fighting a boss until your damage is so high that you're chilling them on your own.

Also you can take culling strike out of totem setup now that you have Bane of Legends ascendancy. Cold pen/Faster attack or Hypo when non bossing.

With Ngamahu's flame you have to also factor in the magma balls because those are like.. 75% if not more of your damage. Tool tip won't take elemental penetration into account so it's always off, that's why PoB is helpful.
Last edited by Muirey on Jan 26, 2018, 4:04:42 PM
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. What is the main difference/pros-cons of the build as slayer vs your raider build?
"
Aevaris wrote:
Sorry if this was covered elsewhere. What is the main difference/pros-cons of the build as slayer vs your raider build?

The pros/cons are almost the same but I can boil it down for ya.

Slayer

Pros
Over Leech, Bigger leech rate, Bleed/stun immune, Larger AoE for cyclone, Nearly permanent Onslaught.

Cons
No auto fenzy generation, not immune to freeze/ignite/shocked and generally slower

Slayer I would say is the safer/tankier of the two builds. Overleech is a pretty huge deal, increased leech rate help Slayer version be beefier than Ranger.

Raider

Pros
Very fast, auto frenzy generation, Immune to all secondary effects(elemental with ascendancy, bleed with Death's door, poison with pantheon.)

Cons
Can be a bit squishy, without Death's door Bleed can kill you almost instantly with how little stopping we do.

Raider edges out Slayer a bit damage wise but is not as safe as Slayer is with the over leeching. Much faster though.. so much so I took points out of movement speed nodes so my eyes didn't glaze over.

Hope that clarifies it a bit for you, if you have any further questions I'll be happy to answer them. ;)

~~~~~
Side note, I haven't finished it yet but I am working on a Pathfinder version as well. Currently my league Pathfinder is lvl 88 and I am using dual swords without RT. I was trying out Mathil's recent reave/blade flurry build but just hated standing still to Reave so reworked the build to be cyclone/blade flurry and pure cold instead of multi-element. I am still reworking and testing the passive tree to be a better fit but the core of Mathil's tree lends itself to cyclone nicely. Later on I am going to try a 2h RT pathfinder with same passive tree as the Raider version though but I had a 385 pdps Corsair sword sitting around an figured I'd give crit builds a try.

It's been absolutely fantastic and I'm interested to see how well it does on higher content(t16/shaper) but for clearing maps I've destroyed t1-t15 maps shaped/elder influenced with zero issue. Done 3-4 lichs and yellow elder/guardians were completely demolished. Hell half the time I forget to even use blade flurry! Yellow elder was in first phase for maybe a minute before pushed into phase 2 not even using Blade Flurry.

If pathfinder interests you at all the character is Muirey_reaving.
Last edited by Muirey on Jan 31, 2018, 11:18:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info