*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

I'm interested in what you'd do differently if you couldn't spam abyss +damage jewels with Volkuur's since your setup is extremely expensive and unobtainable to me because of these items. I've been able to theorycraft in PoB similar DPS per poison and hit similar numbers you have currently while not having the downside of the -50% poison duration.

So what is the advantage of going the ele route? I am not seeing one.
Last edited by TheVoidInsanity on Mar 14, 2018, 8:27:59 PM
Did red tier elder with it (4x 1ex jewels, 6x chep, jewels, 6l quil from chansing), 91 lvl.
Pretty fun "offhand" build. It can't map, it can't exp, but it can any boss for you. Really advise you to level as trickster as far you can, than respect to this build, and start new build for mapping. The sound of gattling attack is very satysfying also.
Did red tier elder with it (4x 1ex jewels, 6x chep, jewels, 6l quil from chansing), 91 lvl.
Pretty fun "offhand" build. It can't map, it can't exp, but it can any boss for you. Really advise you to level as trickster as far you can, than respect to this build, and start new build for mapping. The sound of gattling attack is very satysfying also.

Also forget to say, the trouble is mob damage not single target damage. You able single target with eathe with it. The save of shaper during elder fight require expencive gear. It keeped dying for me til i invested in jewels and 6l. But than its very ok, i also have waaay room for improvement. Pvp very fun also :)

this is how red tier elder done deathless.
Thank you for the build, its pretty fun!
Last edited by joy_gang on Mar 14, 2018, 10:19:17 PM
joy_gang, what tree are you using. Im curious cause I like your setup but how do you manage to get the res. Also would like to see your jewels. link to char pls :)
"
joy_gang wrote:

Weird I actually think the clear speed is great.. have gone up to t15 maps and kept Zana safe in shaper fight.. Died once cause of mistake... I just use wither totem and stay close to her with despair/blasphemy ....

"
bendoverxnao wrote:
joy_gang, what tree are you using. Im curious cause I like your setup but how do you manage to get the res. Also would like to see your jewels. link to char pls :)

Hes using purity of elements..

"
I'm interested in what you'd do differently if you couldn't spam abyss +damage jewels with Volkuur's since your setup is extremely expensive and unobtainable to me because of these items. I've been able to theorycraft in PoB similar DPS per poison and hit similar numbers you have currently while not having the downside of the -50% poison duration.

So what is the advantage of going the ele route? I am not seeing one.

I crafted all of my jewels myself...its quite easy and cost me whatever I farmed from just playing the game.....And you can also make money when you hit good rolls that you wouldn't use.. I don't know many endgame builds that don't use a 6l or 2.. This build can be done with a 6l and a 5l ... And I hope you don't think the gloves are expensive.. If you do then you have a lot to learn about the game..

This just now took 180 alts, 4 regals , 3 scour .... but rng

You just need ilvl 82+ for both t1 light dmg rolls and t1 life..Fire bow dmg needs ilvl84+ for t1
Last edited by Drey070 on Mar 15, 2018, 1:25:16 AM
"
Drey070 wrote:

I crafted all of my jewels myself...its quite easy and cost me whatever I farmed from just playing the game.....And you can also make money when you hit good rolls that you wouldn't use.. I don't know many endgame builds that don't use a 6l or 2.. This build can be done with a 6l and a 5l ... And I hope you don't think the gloves are expensive. If you do then you have a lot to learn about the game.

Buying/crafting a ton of jewels for flat +damage in combination with everything else better be worth the investment over not using it and just going pure phys/chaos scaling. It isn't, it's actually about equal and with high end gear like how OP has (dying sun, +1 arrows, etc) the pure phys/chaos surpasses in dps without the -50% duration penalty.
the ele version of poison is better than the phys/chaos route.
you can scale ele damage a lot higher than you can scale phys/chaos damage and therefore you get a higher poison dps out of ele than out of phys/chaos.

the downside is 50% less poison duration. this means that the actual poison Damage per second (POB: Poison DPS) is a lot higher with the ele version, while the total damage per poison remains about the same (phys/chaos needs double the time to deliver the damage.)

so with phys/chaos you have a lot longer ramp-up time to reach the big numbers. especially with assassin, there is no sense in going phys chaos route because making use of poisons with a duration of 20-30 seconds is just waaaaay too slow for clearing maps and fighting bosses with invulnerable phases.
"
Sacr0 wrote:
the ele version of poison is better than the phys/chaos route.
you can scale ele damage a lot higher than you can scale phys/chaos damage and therefore you get a higher poison dps out of ele than out of phys/chaos.

That is not what I am seeing when I upgrade my gems/links to match your own and my current gear is far from optimal.

If tweak my items to use your head setup with despair/impresence instead of my +1 frenzy gloomfang it looks like this

If I was actually good at this game I could likely min/max this much better to push it much higher but you get the idea.

Edit - Note. I Forgot to disable the grace gem I am leveling in PoB so reserved mana/evasion is wrong.
Last edited by TheVoidInsanity on Mar 15, 2018, 4:59:54 AM
blood rage, haste, 7 frenzy, 4 power charges, 4k life @ 700 mana, not sure if you use MoM at all, onslaught, uncapped resis, hit's can't be evaded, despair.
sorry man but this does not look legit to me.

provide the full Pastebin link please.

if i would put all that stuff into my PoB it would still have around double the Poison dps.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Mar 15, 2018, 6:30:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info