*Updated for 3.2* Volkuur's poison! millions of dps (7.5 mil shaper - 20 mil shaper GG gear)

"
Sacr0 wrote:
yeah the new noxious strikes seems incredibly overpowered.

Ok, glad you agree. And now that the pathfinder "rework" has been released, we cant definitely say that assassin is the stronger choice (dps wise at least). I use quotes because they basically didnt change anything to the pathfinder except some better charge regen or something.

I'm hesitating to start with this build, or to build a max aoe ele cyclone build that looks pretty fun. We'll see!
Do you know when the first volkuur gloves appear on the market usually? Idk if you ever started a league with this build.
Track your map runs: http://pathofmaps.com (retired)

Retired item indexer: https://github.com/niuage/poexplorer
With switching to assassin, does going Elemental Overload still make sense? With the 2% base crit and free power charges could we get a pretty good crit chance. Could a Crit version with perfect agony work instead?

Or could we take both? Does Elemental Overload remove ailment crit multi or just hit crit multi?
"
niuage wrote:
"
Sacr0 wrote:
yeah the new noxious strikes seems incredibly overpowered.

Ok, glad you agree. And now that the pathfinder "rework" has been released, we cant definitely say that assassin is the stronger choice (dps wise at least). I use quotes because they basically didnt change anything to the pathfinder except some better charge regen or something.

I'm hesitating to start with this build, or to build a max aoe ele cyclone build that looks pretty fun. We'll see!
Do you know when the first volkuur gloves appear on the market usually? Idk if you ever started a league with this build.

i think volkuur's will be on the market after 1 week into the game. they are going to be expensive, like 2-5 exalts early on and will eventually drop in it's price over the next few weeks. i dont think this build is a good league starter.

"
Vuxra wrote:
With switching to assassin, does going Elemental Overload still make sense? With the 2% base crit and free power charges could we get a pretty good crit chance. Could a Crit version with perfect agony work instead?

Or could we take both? Does Elemental Overload remove ailment crit multi or just hit crit multi?

i think going ele overload is still the best choice as assassin. crit multiplier for dot from perfect agony is really bad ( only 30% effectiveness compared to regular crit multi)
however, we could use some crit chance for toxic delivery. utilizing a bit of crit chance+ele overload but no crit multiplier seems the best with assassin + coraltio's.
a pure crit build with crit multiplier could be possible, but i doubt that it will reach better dps numbers because you'd loose 40% more dmg from ele overload.
Last edited by Sacr0 on Feb 23, 2018, 1:46:57 AM
hi is there any leveling guide for the tree? which one to get first? having hard time with what to get first on the tree
"
Sacr0 wrote:

i think going ele overload is still the best choice as assassin. crit multiplier for dot from perfect agony is really bad ( only 30% effectiveness compared to regular crit multi)
however, we could use some crit chance for toxic delivery. utilizing a bit of crit chance+ele overload but no crit multiplier seems the best with assassin + coraltio's.
a pure crit build with crit multiplier could be possible, but i doubt that it will reach better dps numbers because you'd loose 40% more dmg from ele overload.

I feel like the mod from Toxic Delivery that gives 30% more damage to poison stacks inflicted via critical strikes counters Ele overload bonus pretty well. Then on top of that you get the benefits of some crit multi, which I think should overtake the remaining 10% easily (well, more than 10% as we dont crit 100% of the time...)

Then if you decide not to go for MoM (which is maybe a bad idea for mapping), then you dont have to go up this branch of the tree, and you save quite a few points that you can invest in more jewels or crit and some life to compensate the loss of quick recovery.
I think it'll definitely be worth exploring in PoB.

Yea, you're probably right, it's gonna be a pain to run this build at the beginning. When I quickly tried it it was at the end of the league so we already had tons of jewels etc.

Last edited by niuage on Feb 23, 2018, 11:03:01 AM
@niuage

Toxic Delivery works with Elemental Overload tho ?

"Poison you inflict with Critical Strikes deals 30% more Damage"
And you still crit with EO. However you do not get the multiplier from Coralito's.

And yes, doing this as a league starter is a bad idea.
I played around on PoB trying to make a crit version, and it seems very hard to get a good crit chance and multi.
Accuracy will be hard to get, and there are no gem slots for any crit support. Better off just stack attack speed to abuse the poison duration.
@Sharps03144: Right but I thought that if you built for EO, you'd go for very low crit, since there's no reason to go for high crit. I guess you could technically go for high crit, get EO, and get both benefits, just ignoring crit multi.

@Exodus_820 did you try with the new assassin ascendancy, and if so, which paths did you take? You can technically get as high as +4% base crit right? Idk if it's the most efficient tho, just saying, you should be able to get decent crit with that.

ele overload works with crit, just not with crit multi. scaling crit with EO wont be very effective (besides making sure you always have the buff), but we should get some % of dmg out of toxic delivery. toxic delivery does not counter EO. you'll get around 15% more dmg (based on your critchance) out of it in addition to 40% more dmg from EO. i dont like crit multi because it scales poorly due to perfect agony. with shadow, we should get around 35% crit chance really easy which is then boosted by coraltio's signature (diamond flask). no need to invest into more crit and still get some decent dmg out of it.

i absolutely recommend MoM. with thiefs torment and quill rain its just another flat 1500 life. if you dont use it, you'll die alot because this build is not very tanky. it's absolutely great for mapping as well as bossing. i might play around in PoB with a crit+multiplier build without EO+MoM but i dont think that it will come anywhere near EO+MoM

there's a lvling guide on the main post@marc.
"
Sacr0 wrote:

One common misconception with perfect agony is how people think the base 50% crit multiplier is also reduced. It's not. Basically, if you have ZERO critical strike multiplier and 80% critical chance (which is easy to get with assassin and his +4% base crit and coralito, which is a diamond flask), you are already ahead of elemental overload.

And you have lot of crit multiplier easily accessible around the assassin.

EO has to be dumped if you are playing assassin.
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 24, 2018, 5:06:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info