BiS Swords for my Build?

I love using cleve. This is my favorite combo:

He is public as Banjo_Dancer if you want to see the rest of his stuff. In HO his dps is 60+k and hits 130k or more in action. His aps is 7.91 so lots happens in a short time.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Rockaday wrote:
Given what you said about Ahn’s, if I adopted a crit focus and kept using a skill that benefits from AoE, would you recommend I keep looking to upgrade to a rare eventually, or is Ahn’s basically BiS? And it looks like you’re saying it’s great for both mainhand and offhand.

They are not BiS, a very expensive rare will still beat them.
But they are cheap, and they are totally endgame-viable.
So in terms of DpS/price, they are really hard to beat.

"

How did you find that? Was that in Abyss? When I go to Poe.Trade and put in a base of Glorious Plate, Links min 6, corrupted no, and buyout 1-60 Chaos Orb in Abyss league I get zero results. Am I doing it wrong?

http://poe.trade/search/etawohaururato
Don't search for glorious plates, search for armour bases (I put in 100 armour min, max 0 Es, max 0 evasion). And then pick the highest level and itemlevel chest you can afford.

People put up items all day, and prices are not set in stone.
Sometimes you find a nice item for cheap, sometimes you find nothing below crazy prices.
You can also talk players into lowering their buyout prices...

Playing the market is part of PoE experience, like it or not. ;)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
This is my favorite combo

Looks like a neat setup. I thought sword in one hand axe in the other was an interesting idea, and it seemed there were some passives in the Marauder area that supported it. I hadn't seen that amulet before, looks like a good one.

"
Don't search for glorious plates, search for armour bases (I put in 100 armour min, max 0 Es, max 0 evasion). And then pick the highest level and itemlevel chest you can afford.

People put up items all day, and prices are not set in stone.
Sometimes you find a nice item for cheap, sometimes you find nothing below crazy prices.
You can also talk players into lowering their buyout prices...

Playing the market is part of PoE experience, like it or not. ;)

Thanks for this. I'll have to adjust my thinking a bit on buying stuff. I made a new char, it's going well, but I'm still looking for my first 6L. Or you might say I'm saving up for it and not yet blocked by not having it. I expect it will be my first really big purchase (I think the most I've paid for anything so far was around 20c for a main hand weapon).

"
% physical damage, high flat physical damage, attack speed and crit chance

Thanks again for the detailed explanation and examples on what makes for valuable one-hand swords. It's now one of the few rare types I feel comfortable evaluating just by looking at, and so I pick up and identify them more often than others, often casting my discards on the floor. :)
"
Rockaday wrote:
"
This is my favorite combo

Looks like a neat setup.

But it's not.
The DpS he achieves with this is laughable. Especially factoring in what these weapons cost (because of rarity).

"
I made a new char, it's going well, but I'm still looking for my first 6L. Or you might say I'm saving up for it and not yet blocked by not having it. I expect it will be my first really big purchase (I think the most I've paid for anything so far was around 20c for a main hand weapon).

Just play maps.
You will pile up on 6S items that vendor for 7 jewelers each.
You upgrade the jewelers to fusings, sell the fusings for chaos.
Within a couple hours, you can afford your 6L.

"
Thanks again for the detailed explanation and examples on what makes for valuable one-hand swords. It's now one of the few rare types I feel comfortable evaluating just by looking at, and so I pick up and identify them more often than others, often casting my discards on the floor. :)

Rare eapons are easy to judge, but the odds of finding a good one are really terrible.
I identified every rare sword I found this league, still have to find one with pDpS>250.
"
the odds of finding a good one are really terrible

Yeah that's what it seems like. I've been identifying even more rares in the last day or two, but few of them seem worth anything. I on and off question whether it's worth picking rares up at all while mapping.
"
Rockaday wrote:
I on and off question whether it's worth picking rares up at all while mapping.

It's probably not worth it, 99.99% of items are utter trash.

I still do it however, I don't want to play a loot based game without picking up loot. ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info