The Design and Development of the 3.1.0 Gems

"
whigs wrote:
"
Don't be a tit. The tenth gem was pulled for rework, they said this. They thought it would be ready but it was not. We'll get it when it's done.

Where did they announce this? If it was some offhand comment on some thread I don't consider that adequate for informing your player-base. This is especially true bc they announced 10 skill gems would be coming out this expansion.

If it wasn't ready yet they should not have put it on their splash page. I have been playing this game for a long time, GGG is still one of the best game companies out there but the cracks are starting to show. Not delivering on promised gems, delayed desperately needed reworks of essential skills/ascendancies and no longer offering discounts on mystery box pieces when they cycle back into the store.

I love this company and this game, I'm just worried about what the future will hold.

I'm incline to agree. Fact is that GGG have been less then forthcoming about this missing support skill. Which feels preposterously stupid and unnecessary, because it's not that anybody would really give a crap if they just came out and said that it was delayed, open and honestly. That's game development for you.

By not saying anything, at least not publicly, it comes across as shady and it brings their trustworthiness into question. It becomes less about the fact that they simply couldn't get the skill done on time, and more about them lying about it.
And a lie of omission is still a lie.

They really need to stop being a stubborn jackass about it, and just tell people what is going on.
Kids cant wait these days ^^
"
I was pretty pleased with most of the new skill and support gems. I love Volatile Dead already; Bodyswap is kinda stupid but fun; and Unearth is just flat out useful as a combo skill (especially with the awesome new Poet Pen builds). The only skill that fell kinda flat was Cremation. Cremation is a cool idea with a nice visual, but in trying to use it the skill always felt kinda bad to play with unless I was passively using it through CoC or some other means. I'd really like the skill to be better but compared to other fire skills, especially the new Volatile Dead, it doesn't compete.
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
The skill was visually spectacular, but didn't play well unless it was boosted in both starting area and damage to the point where it both ...invalidated the roles of Sweep... and Infernal Blow

Sweep is already (been for sometime) invalid :P

Regardless, neat post!

Pretty sure Mathil will fight you on that one since he does Leap Sweepers pretty often.

I don't think I've ever seen Mathil do a Sweep build.
"
ViolentSweed wrote:
I was pretty pleased with most of the new skill and support gems. I love Volatile Dead already; Bodyswap is kinda stupid but fun; and Unearth is just flat out useful as a combo skill (especially with the awesome new Poet Pen builds). The only skill that fell kinda flat was Cremation. Cremation is a cool idea with a nice visual, but in trying to use it the skill always felt kinda bad to play with unless I was passively using it through CoC or some other means. I'd really like the skill to be better but compared to other fire skills, especially the new Volatile Dead, it doesn't compete.
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
The skill was visually spectacular, but didn't play well unless it was boosted in both starting area and damage to the point where it both ...invalidated the roles of Sweep... and Infernal Blow

Sweep is already (been for sometime) invalid :P

Regardless, neat post!
Pretty sure Mathil will fight you on that one since he does Leap Sweepers pretty often.

I don't think I've ever seen Mathil do a Sweep build.

Almost every skill is viable in PoE, BUT there will be a stronger skill with ease, if you use one of the crappy one.

You can make a viable Elemental hit build, that can do shaper. But if you are done with that, you can swap out elemental hit, and replace it by literaly everything else, and it will be supperrior.

Do a sweep build, play it to a certain point, THAN replace it by staticc strike or molten strike, and you will instantly have a faster clear speed with higher dps.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
i like this
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
1453R wrote:
And the salt flows unimpeded from players who're eternally pissed off that Path of Exile isn't Dark Souls.

Look, guys. If you want this slow-paced, super brutal combat where every hit matters; where single-target melee attacks are literally the only thing anyone ever uses and options for ranged attacks/abilities/weapons are all basically pointless; where the game emphasis is strongly on PvP and fighting singleton enemies or small groups of lethal foes?

They make your game already. It's. Called. Dark. Souls. Go play it. Stop comparing hundred-exalt ruthlessly optimized kinetic blasters played by no-life streamers to your average fifty-chaos Heavy Strike Barbarian in bargain basement, half self-found gear and saying "MELEE IS HORRIBLE!" Stop bitching about One-Shotty bosses when I have physically observed my brother playing a regular ordinary Cleave build that can stand in front of Uber Izaro, Uber Atziri, any Guardian you care to name, and just about anything up to the Shaper - and even HIM, until the ground DoTs stack up too high - and not really care about the damage any of these things are dealing.

The answers to your problems are out there. Y'all are just irritated that builds other than 'Dark Souls Guy' are allowed to exist.

Go play the already-existing game you actually want to play. Leave Path of Exile to people who like Path of Exile.

Upvote +1000000000
Last edited by chronsmash on Jan 5, 2018, 2:45:35 PM
can you implement a dislike button so i dont need to hatespeech ?
GGG clearly lives in a bubble. This kind of manifesto with other included, shows this. Kick your current game designers or give them other tasks like making coffee and hire passionate PoE Player(s) who actually plays the game with the entire available build content constantly and nowing the real issues. Or someone you have a clue and an idea of a game direction. It seems like too many cooks spoil the broth or nobody really cares.

I have enough of hoping a base change thinking about the game. For me the game is dead, full of garbage, uncomplete content, unbalanced mechanics, missconceptions like the map and exp system, one sided builds or others which needs tone of grind to play actually have a bit fun outside the box left by completly overpowered stuff like post Diablo 2 v1.10. RIP. A lot of comments nail it but who cares. Pump more useless stuff in the next league and so on - who cares about existing unplayable things like the performance issue. Crashes, lags, spikes, hideout crashes, map crashes. You ever see your Glacial Cascade spell in the game? People with epilepsy would die if they play this game. #ProjectPTwasRight #CurrencyGrindGames aka #ChinaFarmSimulator #TradingGearGames

and thanks for the honest of sharing your insights. :-)

PS: i dont like Dark Souls and i am not a dark soul guy... xD
Last edited by grustardo on Jan 6, 2018, 1:11:45 AM
Nice insights

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info