[3.12] KissMeQuick's Gladiator Reave: REBORN — T19 100% Maps & A8 Sirus Deathless — Starter friendly

Hey guys, how can i improve my character?

https://pastebin.com/7WA9Bxt2
Hey there! Thanks KissMeQuick for the great guide. I have a lot of fun playing this build. I've had a late start this league and this build is my starter build. Yesterday got to the maps and been progressing through the tiers, using the claw MF version of the build.

Now that I've reached around T8 maps, I'm having very hard time killing stuff. Defensively it's okay and I can leech the damage I'm taking but it takes too long to kill most of the stuff. Most of the time, I can't one shot white packs. Blue packs takes 4-5 hits, yellows takes 8-9 hits.

I've got a single damage stat stick since double ones start from 45+ chaos and this is my first char this league so don't have that much yet. Can you give me some examples on what I can improve? I have all the damage nodes except the claw ones, which I've just reached. Thanks!

Spoiler
"
microbone wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
fitsu wrote:

But it's not meant for mapping. It's only for Incursion architects / some too strong map uniques / bosses.

Would you do as I have done and switch to CWDT/Frost Bomb/Curse... Or would you do something different when mapping?

It´s mentioned in the guide that "Frost Bomb - We use it to curse + remove resistances and debuff regen on strong monsters & bosses. You may swap Frostbite curse with whatever you prefer, I like Frostbite because of Freeze and the penetration since we always have Hatred + most likely / often a "Gain as Cold damage" offhand." So we can indeed swap things out and try other possibilities. I´m atm trying Enfeeble out instead....even though the synergie between Frostbite vs gain cold dmg is in place.

This is referring to how Frost Bomb is used with CoH, Kiss mentioned earlier that this is a boss-gem setup and doesn't really work in maps as above. So I'm proposing if using CWDT would be the way to go for that as there's no advise that I can find on what gem setup to use if not end-game boss farming.
"
Fenelon wrote:
Hey there! Thanks KissMeQuick for the great guide. I have a lot of fun playing this build. I've had a late start this league and this build is my starter build. Yesterday got to the maps and been progressing through the tiers, using the claw MF version of the build.

Now that I've reached around T8 maps, I'm having very hard time killing stuff. Defensively it's okay and I can leech the damage I'm taking but it takes too long to kill most of the stuff. Most of the time, I can't one shot white packs. Blue packs takes 4-5 hits, yellows takes 8-9 hits.

I've got a single damage stat stick since double ones start from 45+ chaos and this is my first char this league so don't have that much yet. Can you give me some examples on what I can improve? I have all the damage nodes except the claw ones, which I've just reached. Thanks!

Spoiler

Leaving the claw nodes for last is probably what's costing you the most. Claw nodes provide a TON of damage, mana leech, life leech, etc that you are just getting much smaller return on your investment from other nodes. I'd recommend spending some regret orbs and refund points on getting those claw nodes ASAP

You can drop some IIQ/MF gear for killing faster. Sure, 15% more IIQ gives you more drops...but if you're killing slower than the benefit that gives, then it's almost nullified.

You could get an abyssus for a huge damage boost.

edit: are you missing 3 passives from quests? POB shows that you arent using the full amount of passives you could at your level.

Your gems are pretty bad - the points would be better suited in actual passives until you get better gems.

Just checked in POB and switching to claw nodes and dropping some other damage passives ends up with at least 15-20% higher output
Last edited by Slottm on Jun 13, 2018, 11:23:58 AM
"
Slottm wrote:

Leaving the claw nodes for last is probably what's costing you the most. Claw nodes provide a TON of damage, mana leech, life leech, etc that you are just getting much smaller return on your investment from other nodes. I'd recommend spending some regret orbs and refund points on getting those claw nodes ASAP

You can drop some IIQ/MF gear for killing faster. Sure, 15% more IIQ gives you more drops...but if you're killing slower than the benefit that gives, then it's almost nullified.

Alright, thank you. Which side of the claw nodes should I go for first? Bottom with crits or top with physical damage?
"
Fenelon wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:

Alright, thank you. Which side of the claw nodes should I go for first? Bottom with crits or top with physical damage?

Both - while it may cost you some chaos up front to do so, having lower damage is also less chaos / time spent...so it should make your investment back in the end :) Read my edit above though, found some more things...like 3 missing passives
"
Slottm wrote:
"
Fenelon wrote:
"
Slottm wrote:

Both - while it may cost you some chaos up front to do so, having lower damage is also less chaos / time spent...so it should make your investment back in the end :) Read my edit above though, found some more things...like 3 missing passives

Yep, saw the edit, thanks again. Thought I was missing 1 passives, didn't know it was 3, lol. Unfortunately though I have no chaos left since I didn't get a single drop that's worth something other than a prophecy which thankfully helped me get my current gear. For now, I can only go one side of the claw tree.

Edit: Also I don't get what you're saying about the gems? I know they don't have quality and low level but what does that have to do anything with the points?
Last edited by Fenelon on Jun 13, 2018, 12:00:16 PM
Does it matter what bases (pure str or str/dex) i pick when gearing for mapping? Because we pick nodes for evasion aswell as for armor.

Also, does Reave gets better when mapping with it? Im leveling now and sunder is superior to it atm. Just wondering, because right now it feels a bit underwhelming :)
Here's a question;

How do we complete UBER LAB while using Vaal Pact? any tips would be appreciated!
"
swllyra wrote:
Here's a question;

How do we complete UBER LAB while using Vaal Pact? any tips would be appreciated!

Use Ryslatha if you need potion charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info