[3.1] The Lightning Assassin - Everything Viable - ClearSpeed/Endgame

This build is incredibly fun to play. I'm still missing the Inpulsa, but it still feels really strong at least for leveling pre-maps.

Here's the kicker, I'm trying it out in hardcore. I'm at 69 as of right now, but I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on modifications for the build to make it more survivable to end game. I know for sure I'm going to go with a shield instead of a second void battery, and I'm probably going to drop the lightning wheel at the top in favor of extra life nodes. dropping some damage should help with potential reflect doom.

Who knows, maybe I'm crazy and it'll just fall over during maps. Still having fun for now so oh well. lol
Last edited by FohMante on Jan 21, 2018, 1:30:14 PM
Ok. Respec some passives from the "lightning wheel" into some life nodes and ended up with 4.8K HP, 713 ES and 2.4K MP. Bought Vaal Grace (totally forgot about this gem lol). Managed to run a T13 Ghetto without any death.

flask setup:

Maybe i should switch atiziri's promise but it seem to work...

"
vardows wrote:
Hello again,

Used the hint about the eldered ring with warlord's mark on hit and a corrupted amulet with +1 curse. It seems that it got alot better (for me at least).

I am now lvl 86 and running T11 maps without the need of any life/mana flasks.
I got 4.5k HP, 700 ES and 2.3k MP right now. My resistances are all cap.

But when I try to push T12+ maps I end up dieing alot, even with a hybrid mana/hp flask, maybe I need to level some more or maybe i was unlucky with the mod rolls on the maps i tried (280+ crit chance, enfeeble, etc)

Oh, also the elder guardians appeared on T10 maps. I managed to kill one of them with 1 death. But "the eradicator" just raped me, couldn't even get him to 70% hp, wasted all portals lol
Maybe bcz he has high ele resist? idk

Anyways, i'll keep up leveling and see what happens next :)

Your Hp and mp seem ok, mine is 5k hp and 2.3k mp. Maybe what you need for now is some more damage.

The eradicator can be a bit tricky since you have to manage your mana carefully (60%of your damage is taken from mana first due to Mind of the Council). I died a few times too in my first attempts fighting eradicator, but it gets better.

Some tips for more damage, try to level up your gems and vaal it, or just buy some 21 gems (not easy to get). I had to vaal my own shock nova since there's basically none selling on poe trade at that time lol.

Shock nova and Arc don't need any qualities, so just level it and vaal it. lightning tendrils needs the 20% quality so 20lv 20Q should be good enough.

Have fun!
"
FohMante wrote:
This build is incredibly fun to play. I'm still missing the Inpulsa, but it still feels really strong at least for leveling pre-maps.

Here's the kicker, I'm trying it out in hardcore. I'm at 69 as of right now, but I'm wondering if you have any thoughts on modifications for the build to make it more survivable to end game. I know for sure I'm going to go with a shield instead of a second void battery, and I'm probably going to drop the lightning wheel at the top in favor of extra life nodes. dropping some damage should help with potential reflect doom.

Who knows, maybe I'm crazy and it'll just fall over during maps. Still having fun for now so oh well. lol

man you are crazy lol. a shield with life and crits seems nice, maybe you'll need to get a dagger or somethimg for the fortify though. try not to die xD
"
vardows wrote:
Ok. Respec some passives from the "lightning wheel" into some life nodes and ended up with 4.8K HP, 713 ES and 2.4K MP. Bought Vaal Grace (totally forgot about this gem lol). Managed to run a T13 Ghetto without any death.

flask setup:

Maybe i should switch atiziri's promise but it seem to work...

you should have enough leech without atziri's, so kinda optional for me. you can try using a hybrid flask, it really helps
Hello, thanks for sharing your build, I will definitely give it a shot! ;) I was wondering, how would you spend the rest of passive skill points up to level 100? PathOfBuilding shows only up to level 95.
Last edited by nycter79 on Jan 22, 2018, 2:22:07 PM
Hello friend. I was searching for a build for days, been playing high end builds for some months now and wanted to try something more "hipster" yet well built and your topic got my attention since spellcasters aint my thing.

First of all i leveled up with poets broken pen volatile dead ezpz which is the go to for the current league.
Just dinged 83 and still left many hp nodes and some damage ones, because right before i gear up my character im trying to collect all the missing raw stats and res, if there are any that is, so i wont waste extra currency for wasted stats/res. So yeh, didnt really give it a proper "test drive" since i was doing breachlords and cowards trial for level up so far. (not counting maps below tier 11 because the build already wrecks those).

I always wanted to play a tendrils build, i even tried theorycrafting with the new elder wand but i got too much burnt in the process. Though i had some ideas and while i despise straying away from the item choices of the build editor, i really had to use the beloved Choir :P
So i tried and i fit it in for some extra boost in dmg.
Let me know what you think about my gear choices etc.
I'll get back to you when the test drive is complete :P

Spoiler
Could you please post a link to the skill tree as well please? I don't use path of building...
"
Hades_25 wrote:
Could you please post a link to the skill tree as well please? I don't use path of building...

I think I did? it's the tree on www.pathofexile.com
The Blue Dream would be good for mapping right?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info