[3.1] The Lightning Assassin - Everything Viable - ClearSpeed/Endgame

I've been playing this for quite a while, and I think I ought to share my build cause I'm having tons of fun with it. It took me a long time to find out the "perfect" version of the build. I'll just keep the guide simple and straight.

Annnnd, here we go.

Yeah yeah, I know what does it look like. "Another copycat of the typical Lightning Tendrils CWC Arc build".

But the demon's always in the detail, and every part of my build is important. I'll just start with the cons of this build.

Cons
Spoiler

-Cannot run elemental reflex maps.
-Not very cheap, no good for starters.

What? pros? nah, just the typical "clear speed" "damage" "fairly tanky"blah blah.

Video
Spoiler
Just a short showcase video recorded by my potato pc, lots of frame drops. If you need some other videos plz tell me, I'll do it if I can (though I don't think it's that necessary).

https://youtu.be/EZfQ4qT1O3E

Tree & Bandits

Items
Spoiler

These are my current items.
Now, allow me to explain.
As we know, we're using Mind Over Matter here, so Mind of the Council is the most important item here. It gives you up to 30% max mana, and 3% of mana recovered after every shock you have applied, which means that your mana is almost unlimited.

As for Inpulsa, I don't really think I need to explain this, it's just too good for clearspeed and damage, AND you don't get shocked, so no downsides for the Mind of Council.

You want damage? Here you are with 9 power charges. Dual wield please.

MORE damage, give you a free Wrath (22% more lightning spell damage) with no mana reserved, why not?

And here comes the best synergy with the Wrath+EssenceWorm.
Life, Mana, already good. The aura effect you need is this "15% light. penetration with Wrath" which provides lots of damage.

This one is optional. The issue we have here is too many uniques, you might not get enough resistance if you add this to the build. Well, I managed to cap my res, cost me a few Exalts.
-If, you cannot cap your res with this, use Warlord's Mark in the gem link and get yourself a rare ring.
-And if you can, just use Enfeeble for toughness. More details are below in the "Gems" section.

And at last, get some "stun recovery" if possible, QoL improvement and safer.

Gems

Spoiler
LT+Nova 6L setup (For bosses):
Lightning Tendrils - Cast while Channelling - Lightning Penetration - Shock Nova - Concentrated Effect - Controlled Destruction

LT+Arc 6L setup(For mapping):
Lightning Tendrils - Cast while Channelling - Lightning Penetration - Arc - Added Lightning Damage - Controlled Destruction

Curse + BlindStorm (CWDT):
Cast when Damage Taken(Lv.1) - Enfeeble(or Warlord's) - Firestorm - Blind

Orb of PowerCharges:
Orb of Storms - Power Charge On Critical - Arcane Surge(Lv.7) - Increased Critical Strikes

IC + Vaal Haste :
Cast when Damage taken - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Vaal haste

Lightning Warp :
Lightning Warp - Faster Casting - Less Duration
(don't use it if your gems are low levels, use Fram Dash instead)

Golem + Grace:
Summon Stone Golem - Increased Duration - Vaal Grace

and the last,
Wrath in the Essence Worm ring.

The Flasks I'm using
Spoiler

Path of Building
Spoiler
https://pastebin.com/8HnWvsjD
The 1M DPS to shaper is actually with Vaal Haste, and the items are not even optimized, just an example.

Why not Inquisitor?
Spoiler
It's just better with this build and setup. If you have any doubt feel free to ask, I'll try to explain to you.
Last edited by diabloyd on Jan 12, 2018, 5:19:48 AM
Last bumped on Apr 7, 2018, 2:49:50 AM
so far so good. But please add a PoE Skill tree to the build :)
█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
Hey, none of your skill tree links are working anymore it seems :/ ( too bad, build looked really good )
"
Dxl75zoo wrote:
Hey, none of your skill tree links are working anymore it seems :/ ( too bad, build looked really good )

fixed it :)
Hi,
ur build looks fun to play. Thx for it.
I got a question:
How do u regen life so fast. Ur leechrate is not buffed in any kind and u dont have much regen.
U got very pure ES & life at all. How do u manage to get so less damge in the vid and how are u able to do t16 bosses and for exampel shaper with this build?
Great job, 嘿嘿
"
Beasthoven wrote:
Hi,
ur build looks fun to play. Thx for it.
I got a question:
How do u regen life so fast. Ur leechrate is not buffed in any kind and u dont have much regen.
U got very pure ES & life at all. How do u manage to get so less damge in the vid and how are u able to do t16 bosses and for exampel shaper with this build?

Well the "very fast regen" might be the leech AND the potion doing its work....sorry if it's a bit confusing

I don't really rely on the ES, this is a Mind Over Matter build, with 5000+ hp & 2000+ mana, that makes my effective hp over 7000+. and thanks to the Council of the Mind (recovers 3% mana per shock), plus my Warlord's mana leech, the mana recovery can be extremely fast.

As for t16 and shaper, u'll just need to position yourself to avoid big income damages (Shaper's flash-slam, Phoenix's explosion, etc). Not to mention that lighning warp is mobile enough for short distance positioning. (killed all of them already, honestly not hard at all)
Last edited by diabloyd on Jan 9, 2018, 7:35:58 AM
"
yuelaotou wrote:
Great job, 嘿嘿

队长,似里
Hello i have been playing this build and its going great i just have 3 question :)!

How important are the mana leech on the gloves? Also what about using alira if we are lacking resistances and why do you take the precision node wouldnt a jewel be better?
Last edited by Skeletzor on Jan 10, 2018, 1:09:33 PM
"
Skeletzor wrote:
Hello i have been playing this build and its going great i just have 3 question :)!

How important are the mana leech on the gloves? Also what about using alira if we are lacking resistances and why do you take the precision node wouldnt a jewel be better?

Hi i'm glad you're having fun.

The mana leech on the gloves is just a bonus, doesn't really matter that much.

But if you got one it would be great cause if you're not using warlord's mark (using berek's grip instead), this can be the source of mana leech (you can cap your mana leech by using the orb of storms only).

Alira would be great if you're really lacking some resistances, but I'd rather go for another jewel socket and get a life/res abyssal jewel (which is usually easy and cheap to acquire).

Well you not wrong about the precision node, you can probably go for another socket and get a jewel with some dex on it (which is why I took this node, I don't have many dex on my rare items), if so, besides from the dex, some extra life and damage would be nice as well

Edit:if you still want that mana leech bonus, you can get a Mana Leech Support on your Orb of Storms, replacing Increased Critical Strikes Support. This should work well :)
Last edited by diabloyd on Jan 10, 2018, 5:43:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info