Such is the state of the world right now...

"
faerwin wrote:
http://www.cliometrics.org/conferences/ASSA/Jan_00/rosenbloom.shtml

Looks more like a few thousands rather than tens of thousands

Still, do you really think that this "investment" didn't pay for itself?
You need to adjust for inflation from the time of the raw price to now. In terms of raw price, slaves maxed out around $2k, but that's roughly $40k in current dollars.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
http://www.cliometrics.org/conferences/ASSA/Jan_00/rosenbloom.shtml

Looks more like a few thousands rather than tens of thousands

Still, do you really think that this "investment" didn't pay for itself?
You need to adjust for inflation from the time of the raw price to now. In terms of raw price, slaves maxed out around $2k, but that's roughly $40k in current dollars.

http://www.in2013dollars.com/1725-dollars-in-2016?amount=100

From what I'm seeing, it goes around 4k to 7k at the top end. quite far from the figures you were stating.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Deeper under the jackboot? Care to explain?

Do you mean we can be imprisoned for not recognizing somebody’s made up gender? Or for speaking the wrong language in the wrong part of town? Because I don’t think that’s the case; I’m specifically referring to the absence of free speech in those countries.

I can assure you in the uk you can speak whatever language you want where you want.

When I say under the jackboot, in america the police are essentially operating as if ur under martial law, the amount of police brutality and people being killed by police is off the charts, its completely unheard of in those other countries. How complaint you have to be to a police officer in america is extreme, youre essentially under the threat of death for disobedience at times. Even when u adjust the numbers to per capita, to be proportional to population size, police in america are killing more citizens per year than uk police are killing in 100 years. An entire year can go by in the uk without police killing anyone, in america its like 3 or 4 digit deaths.

When someone points a gun at you you are being threatened with death if you do not do what they say. How often do you think police in a country like the uk point a gun at a citizen? Id be willing to bet for every 1 time it happens in the uk it happens maybe 5,000+ times in the usa, which has about 6x the uks population.

For every instance of someone being imprisoned for something silly in one of these countries u mentioned u could probably pull up 50 cases of people in america being executed for doing something like reaching for their drivers license, actually killed, dead, slaughtered like an animal.

I could take a 9 inch carving knife and attack a group of police officers in the uk and not be killed, I would be pepper sprayed, handcuffed and thrown in a cell. That show much my basic right to even be alive would be respected even in the face of me being an insanley dangerous person. Id have to have 4 legs, a coat of hair and fangs to reach the pits of an americans right to simply continue to exist, tbh I think police here would even hesitate to kill a dog as quickly as police in america would kill a human being.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
CanHasPants wrote:

Deeper under the jackboot? Care to explain?
When I say under the jackboot, in america the police are essentially operating as if ur under martial law, the amount of police brutality and people being killed by police is off the charts, its completely unheard of in those other countries. How complaint you have to be to a police officer in america is extreme, youre essentially under the threat of death for disobedience at times. Even when u adjust the numbers to per capita, to be proportional to population size, police in america are killing more citizens per year than uk police are killing in 100 years. An entire year can go by in the uk without police killing anyone, in america its like 3 or 4 digit deaths.

When someone points a gun at you you are being threatened with death if you do not do what they say. How often do you think police in a country like the uk point a gun at a citizen? Id be willing to bet for every 1 time it happens in the uk it happens maybe 5,000+ times in the usa, which has about 6x the uks population.

For every instance of someone being imprisoned for something silly in one of these countries u mentioned u could probably pull up 50 cases of people in america being executed for doing something like reaching for their drivers license, actually killed, dead, slaughtered like an animal.

I could take a 9 inch carving knife and attack a group of police officers in the uk and not be killed, I would be pepper sprayed, handcuffed and thrown in a cell. That show much my basic right to even be alive would be respected even in the face of me being an insanley dangerous person. Id have to have 4 legs, a coat of hair and fangs to reach the pits of an americans right to simply continue to exist, tbh I think police here would even hesitate to kill a dog as quickly as police in america would kill a human being.
Although I don't think you're painting a technically incorrect picture, it is breathtakingly one-sided. Yes, police killing civilians, per police officer, is about 100 times higher in the US than the UK 1900-2014. However, civilians killing police officers is also about 100 times higher 2000-2014. Thus, the accurate description of affairs is not an American populace under the heel of the jackboot of police authority, but instead of a long-standing history of violent and armed conflict between US civilians and the police with casualties on both sides.

I don't think I could agree to the example you give of killing police officers and not being killed in return. In the UK officers might not take the problem very seriously, but the police death toll is nearly 100 times as bad in the US, so here precautions are necessary. That said, as former military I firmly believe most (undeserved) civilian deaths are the result of improper escalation of force training and failure to routinely drill EoF with hands-on mock practice sessions of difficult scenarios.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I could take a 9 inch carving knife and attack a group of police officers in the uk and not be killed

If that's not a failure of the system I dont know what is
Oblivious
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

I could take a 9 inch carving knife and attack a group of police officers in the uk and not be killed

It's called proper use of non lethal weapons for control, adequate training and adequate recruitment standards.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
"
faerwin wrote:
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

It's called proper use of non lethal weapons for control, adequate training and adequate recruitment standards.

"proper use of non-lethal weapons" AH!
You don't fight a hunting knife with pepper spray, that whole paragraph looks like its written by a criminal jumping with glee. People have the right to defend their lives, and yes, that includes "pigs".
And what adequate recruitment and training? UK cops are a joke:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmTNZfR4dNw
when they aren't corrupt:
https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697583/Rotherham-abuse-scandal-child-grooming-gangs-industrial-scale-victims-CSE
and the lack of proper equipment and training does play have a weight here. The only thing they can "properly" deal with is people posting "wrong opinions" online.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 10, 2018, 1:04:30 PM
duplicate

fucking hell,forum
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 10, 2018, 1:05:01 PM
I'd rather have what you consider a joke for UK police forces than the frequent murders of unarmed civilians by the US forces.

Appropriate use of non lethal force can include:

use of speech as a deescalation tool
use of combat techniques for immobilization (not to be used against any actual weapon)
use of a pepper spray (unlike what you might think, there's some that can shoot pretty far)
Use of a taser
use of rubber/non-lethal bullets
Use of gunshots in non-lethal areas (legs)
"
faerwin wrote:
I'd rather have what you consider a joke for UK police forces than the frequent murders of unarmed civilians by the US forces.

Appropriate use of non lethal force can include:

use of speech as a deescalation tool
use of combat techniques for immobilization (not to be used against any actual weapon)
use of a pepper spray (unlike what you might think, there's some that can shoot pretty far)
Use of a taser
use of rubber/non-lethal bullets
Use of gunshots in non-lethal areas (legs)

Yeah, I know you side mostly with criminals, you didnt need to post the first paragraph.

As for the list, all of these are ridiculous in a case where someone approaches you with a hidden knife and only reveals it right before strike.
there's never any time for you to make a pinpoint non-lethal attack, your best bet is to pull the gun and immediately fire several shots (if you instinctively raise your arm in defense you are as good as dead).
As for other cases where there's some distance between the attacker and the defender:
Pepper spray is easily rendered useless with some precaution.
Tasers are better, but I'd still say that bullets are preferable. Aiming for non-lethal is easier said than done in real situations.
Use of speech part is laughable. There should be communication, but no relying on it whatsoever for dangerous situations.

Ofc each situation is different and it would depend on the distance, objects, visibility and state of mind of the individual. See the vid I posted before? that guy was pussying out. He could have easily killed one there cause they were acting like complete retards (due to lack of proper equipment to handle the situation).

I will agree though, that its better to use the least lethal route available. But it isnt always easy, reality doesnt run on a RPG turn-based combat system and unarmed doesnt mean harmless.

ASIDE
: fuck do I hate this forum spacing with a passion, the posts never come out the way one writes them
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jan 10, 2018, 10:19:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info