[3.3] ELEMENTAL MOLTEN STRIKE&FROST BLADES | UBER ELDER DOWN!! | DEADEYE/PF/RAIDER

"
Eathb wrote:
I've had quite a few requests over the past about a Raider version.

This is my take on it:
POB link, https://pastebin.com/M2bh9Jy5

Had to drop life nodes and Beserking to get all the Frenzy nodes. To compensate for the drop in life, I'm using a Belly of the Beast 6L corrupted chest which is worth around 4ex at the end of this league. The reason why I went for the corrupted one is for a white socket to interchange between Molten Strike and a clearing skill (I'm using Lightning Strike atm). In terms of damage, Raider gives more consistent single target Molten Strike damage but the fluidity feels a lot better with Pathfinder. When using the 6L gloves version, the Raider just wasn't anywhere near as good which was why I opted for a corrupted Belly of the Beast to give two clearing options.

Anyhow, it is end game viable. This is a video of my Shaper run.

https://streamable.com/m1r6r

Your comment earlier in the thread about my corrupted white socket Inpulsa was very insightful. It does allow me to change out MS for FB for clearing but I could honestly use MS for it all. Thanks for putting this guide together. I may come back to this in 3.2 but probably after I get a solid first build and get some currency together!
Last edited by MajWoody on Feb 23, 2018, 10:15:56 PM
And here's a quick mino run- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuYr6BwJR8&feature=youtu.be

...and an ugly shaper: (removed due to poor resolution - I'm no YouTube hero...)
Last edited by MajWoody on Feb 24, 2018, 5:06:17 PM
If you manage some good accuracy rolls could you go with a different shield and be better off?
"
MajWoody wrote:
And here's a quick mino run- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwuYr6BwJR8&feature=youtu.be

...and an ugly shaper: (removed due to poor resolution - I'm no YouTube hero...)

Nice! I'll add your video(s) to the front page :)

"
If you manage some good accuracy rolls could you go with a different shield and be better off?

I believe so. Use POB to test the numbers but a poster in this thread has done end game content without a Lyco and rolling accuracy into gear.
Last edited by Eathb on Feb 24, 2018, 11:33:54 PM
Why do we need a hybrid flask for no leech maps..do we sustain mana with mana leech? I don't see were we have mana leech if so? Going to start with this build I think in 3.2 and am curious. Is this a good starter or should I go with champion totems or something?
"
Why do we need a hybrid flask for no leech maps..do we sustain mana with mana leech? I don't see were we have mana leech if so? Going to start with this build I think in 3.2 and am curious. Is this a good starter or should I go with champion totems or something?

Soul Taker node is what lets us leech mana. We need a mana/hybrid flask to run those no leech maps but it can be awkward without good flask management.

I'll be starting with this for Bestial league and playing another character down the line. I can't guarantee if it's a good starter or not as I didn't level with this build but I'll give regular updates for anyone who want to keep track.

At the moment, I can't see big issues, basically zero changes in the ascendency announcements, the super expensive items like the Molten enchanted Helm and Dying Sun (we'll farm for this) aren't necessary. The biggest obstacle I can think of right now is getting that Lycosidae, I am completely uncertain of what its price will be like. I don't believe a 6L is required to do Shaper at the very least because I have actually done it on a 5L. Vessel of Vinktar's might be a bit tricky but it can be replaced for the time being.

I do agree that Totem Champion looks really good after the changes right now, but I have never been a fan of the Totem playstyle myself :P
I'm thinking of trying this build next league.

For levelling, is it better to go with Frost Blades or Molten Strike? Also, what is the deal with Ancestral Call? Isn't it bad for levelling with Frost Blades, whose playstyle is based around having enemies in a single file formation? Wouldn't Onslaught / Added cold damage be better for levelling?

Also, in a 6L Molten Strike setup. Is Molten Strike used exclusively for single target? What's the reasoning behind Ancestral Call then?

Thanks.
I'll be using this as my league starter for Bestial, perhaps the best boss killer I've played especiallly since MF builds are effectively getting nerfed.
"
_Elminister_ wrote:
I'm thinking of trying this build next league.

For levelling, is it better to go with Frost Blades or Molten Strike? Also, what is the deal with Ancestral Call? Isn't it bad for levelling with Frost Blades, whose playstyle is based around having enemies in a single file formation? Wouldn't Onslaught / Added cold damage be better for levelling?

Also, in a 6L Molten Strike setup. Is Molten Strike used exclusively for single target? What's the reasoning behind Ancestral Call then?

Thanks.

This build uses BOTH Molten Strike and Frost Blades. If you are willing to equipment swap for end game bosses then there is basically zero downsides to have Frost Blades as a clearing skill. I will probably be using Thunderfists early on unless I am really struggling for life where I will gear my character more towards a do everything Molten Strike build (still very fast at clearing but a slightly different setup).

Ancestral Call is absolutely amazing for clearing especially when linked with Multistrike. Perhaps only behind Windripper and Wander builds, it would be the next best thing when it comes to trash clearing.

You are correct that it is based on enemies being a single file formation but the reality of mapping is that there will almost always be enemies in a line formation.

The reason why I went 4R-2B originally in the MS build is because it is the most convinient for mapping and gem swaps, and it is also better for survival as this setup lets you launch more projectiles which means more leech and with a healthy life pool, you will never die as long as you are attacking (see my Minotaur videos, I don't move from my initial attacking spot). In a theoretical sense, with perfect positioning, 4R-2B with multi+AC can also produce greater DPS than stacking on ele damage but that's not realistic in a lot of boss fights.

My biggest regret is wording the gem links where it sounds like 4R-2R is a requirement. It absolutely is not a requirement. In fact in terms of consistent damage, Added Cold Damage or Ice Bite Support outvalues Ancestral call.

FWIW, we do run Onslaught with Herald of Ice.
Just a heads up, to anyone that wants to follow my progress through Bestial, I'll have my character profile public. At this point, I will be starting with the Raider ascendency after the changes seen in the ascendencies. Permanent Onslaught tips the scales over PF I feel.

Small chance I re work this to a Shadow-Trickster version if nothing changes from here when patch notes are out because its ascendency changes looks ridiculously strong.
Last edited by Eathb on Feb 27, 2018, 8:50:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info