Abyss League Statistics

"
JoeShmo wrote:
players are just not sticking around to grind through "end game" with maps. They seem to really enjoy the revamp of the campaign ...but once again when they reach maps they just start dropping like flies.

Don't forget that many players probably stop playing the league when reaching maps because of other reasons :
- They can not run maps because they don't have the gear for, nor the currency to buy it (to craft it for SSF players)
- That's more or less the moment you reach 12 achievements, so win the basic reward and leave because the next steps are not worth regarding the ridiculous amount of time to invest to reach those next steps.
- Leveling to 60-70 is usually interesting because you test/change on your build, you experiment. After that you know what you need, and if you don't heavily trade, you quit (see 1st item about gear)

From another point of view, the statistics lacks to talk about the percentage of regular players which just don't start the league at all, having no time for it, no interest for it, ...
I don't know if we already had statistics about # of league/standard players ?
No need for a battle -again- league VS standard players, but as a standard SSF player i sometimes play the league for a fresh experience, but i always quit the lague around 60 (sometimes sooner) because it's not fun at all to play with crappy gear when your are experienced (it would also be for me to play with BiS gear, that's why i SSF).
I played harbinger because it seemed cool (it was not), and i didn't play Abyss at all (not worth).
SSF for ever :)
Last edited by LoloTwingo on Dec 28, 2017, 9:22:36 AM
"
LoloTwingo wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
players are just not sticking around to grind through "end game" with maps. They seem to really enjoy the revamp of the campaign ...but once again when they reach maps they just start dropping like flies.

Don't forget that many players probably stop playing the league when reaching maps because of other reasons :
- They can not run maps because they don't have the gear for, nor the currency to buy it (to craft it for SSF players)
- That's more or less the moment you reach 12 achievements, so win the basic reward and leave because the next steps are not worth regarding the ridiculous amount of time to invest to reach those next steps.
- Leveling to 60-70 is usually interesting because you test/change on your build, you experiment. After that you know what you need, and if you don't heavily trade, you quit (see 1st item about gear)

From another point of view, the statistics lacks to talk about the percentage of regular players which just don't start the league at all, having no time for it, no interest for it, ...
I don't know if we already had statistics about # of league/standard players ?
No need for a battle -again- league VS standard players, but as a standard SSF player i sometimes play the league for a fresh experience, but i always quit the lague around 60 (sometimes sooner) because it's not fun at all to play with crappy gear when your are experienced (it would also be for me to play with BiS gear, that's why i SSF).
I played harbinger because it seemed cool (it was not), and i didn't play Abyss at all (not worth).

12 year old vegal ssf by the way
0 characters in abyss
forum troll
"
JoeShmo wrote:
I'm not surprised.

Seems to be a trend of lower and lower completion of league challenges each league, and it's amazing at how much quicker people are dropping off as well. People are barely even completing Act 10 by the looks of it this league ( getting those first 10 points ), before they stop trying.

With how absurd the economy has been so far, I'm also not surprised at the gearup. This has been by far the most expensive league I've been a part of, which means the typical group of players are just not putting on anything other than what they can feasibly afford, a "cheap" 9c tabula. Back when Belly would cap out at 30c, you saw everyone wearing one by the time stats came out. Now that they're steadily going up like they're a Kaom's Heart ...it's just sad.

It's interesting though at the shift to Raider. I imagine that's squarely because of the reaction to abyss jewel flat damage rolls ( and probably Poet's Pen helping ).

Still though, another weak league theme and no real changes to Map System is creating a really apparent picture of what the chokepoint of this game is. GGG needs an Atlas 3.0, and fast. This tripling down on the original Map system is killing retention of the game for players. There's no denying it, it's in the statistics; players are just not sticking around to grind through "end game" with maps. They seem to really enjoy the revamp of the campaign ...but once again when they reach maps they just start dropping like flies.

After I completed Act 10, I only had about 3 or 4 challenge points. You don't get anywhere close to 10 by doing just the campaign. You can miss quite a few encounters or recipes or zones when progressing through the acts.

I had never finished Acts 5 through 10 until this league. And, I have to say that the difficulty spike after you finish the campaign is tough to adapt to. There is a little warning about a decrease in elemental resistances - but I don't think it does enough to warn people of the increased difficulty. Luckily, I had hoarded some alchs and plain jewelry to help with this.

I think many people reach maps completely unprepared. I don't know that the game does enough explaining to new players about how they should be approaching maps.
Minus to resistances is old mechanic from Diablo to artificially increase difficulty. I think people would go for more interesting items if they didn't have to worry about maxing out res. It's not a huge deal, but still -15 and -30 should have been enough...
"
DrDraids wrote:
Thanks GGG, diversity is greatly improved now we play other games.

laughed hard when i saw this
And how many people have killed a red map Elder?
Also how many people manage to kill Kitava without dying? Because I just can't feckin do it.
the fact that you thought: "lets post this" instead of "lets fix this" is troubling if you are not aware of the mental disabilities you guys struggle with.
In the post picture...is that not the purple abyss helmet but with a green glow? Is that just the green eyes changing its color or am I missing something?
That graph is weird. More people completed 6 challenges than 5? more - 8 than 7? 9 than 8? 10 than 9? Can someone enlighten me how that's even possible? How do you complete 24 challenges without completing 23 challenges? As much as I want to giggle and say "someone's bad at making graphs", it happens several times - a bit too much for "accidental".
what the hell man

edit: i meant the guy above you akane. but to your question, they mean the exact number of challenges, it is kinda weird because the graph shows exact number of challenges (so more people can have 24 cause they aim for the challenge reward), but when they say like "0.1% has 36 challenges, that means 36 and above

another edit: okay the guy above you got his post deleted so the "what the hell man" part doesnt apply to anyone anymore, sorry for inconvenience!
Last edited by hideouts on Dec 28, 2017, 11:45:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info