3.1 Capped Dodge White Wind Frost Blades Raider HC Viable

I've got very little experience with elemental-based melee; what would you advise for leveling with this? Clusters on the tree to go for first, great uniques to use at what point (used Ewar's mirage but the single target was painfully bad; Innocence took me 8 minutes). Found leveling a pain so far when it comes to beefy rares and act bosses.

Also, what changes would you make to this build if it was softcore only? Defenses you could drop that would impact survivability the least while boosting the damage? Not looking to revamp the build to a glass cannon, just want to know what changes could be made that would hurt it the least.

E: While leveling: Added Cold > Ice Bite? Hatred instead of Grace? Also confused on why you got Elementalist before Primeval Force (on leveling base tree on PoB)
Last edited by Mortichar on Jan 2, 2018, 6:23:49 AM
"
Mortichar wrote:
I've got very little experience with elemental-based melee; what would you advise for leveling with this? Clusters on the tree to go for first, great uniques to use at what point (used Ewar's mirage but the single target was painfully bad; Innocence took me 8 minutes). Found leveling a pain so far when it comes to beefy rares and act bosses.

Also, what changes would you make to this build if it was softcore only? Defenses you could drop that would impact survivability the least while boosting the damage? Not looking to revamp the build to a glass cannon, just want to know what changes could be made that would hurt it the least.

E: While leveling: Added Cold > Ice Bite? Hatred instead of Grace? Also confused on why you got Elementalist before Primeval Force (on leveling base tree on PoB)

The leveling tree provided in the PoB was kinda thrown together, I don't remember the pathing I took when leveling so there may be more optimal things to do.

x2 Ewar's Mirage will be fine until level 50ish, after that look for any high dps rare weapon to carry you to 66. The last 15 or so levels are a pain honestly. Added Cold > Ice Bite until you get all Frenzies. Wrath should help too instead of Grace, or Hatred if you're using phys weapons.

For Softcore, you could drop some life on tree and get more of the elemental damage nodes around Ranger. There's not too much else to grab, the tree is fairly efficient. You could get more jewels using Tombfist (2 socket) and Darkness Enthroned.
IGN: @Oos
Last edited by Oos on Jan 2, 2018, 8:20:17 AM
Alright, thanks a ton for your help! The build is really fun so far, can't wait to finally put on white wind. 9 levels left.
Is a helmet with % increased frost blades dmg not worth it? Just wondering if I should invest in one. I saw that your helmet didn't have it. Thanks.
Last edited by Snuggles8082782 on Jan 3, 2018, 3:14:53 AM
Have you considered Kintsugi?
"
Is a helmet with % increased frost blades dmg not worth it? Just wondering if I should invest in one. I saw that your helmet didn't have it. Thanks.

It's not a bad buy, get one if you want. I just prioritised getting even resists for Wise Oak which provides much more damage/defense. If you buy the helm before a lot of other gear you can make your other gear fix the even resists.

"
EdgyMemes101 wrote:
Have you considered Kintsugi?

Great chest for dodge builds, I would rather use Perfect Form or Belly of the Beast. But sure, Kintsugi is a solid option.
how much moar dps would you get if your weapon were 20% quality??????????

also: what about lab enchant
kids https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbFE90QKJIw
vs
adults https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzysxHGZCAU
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 business a-blazing but no more t-shirts
Last edited by FullCust on Jan 5, 2018, 5:02:26 AM
I'm going to retire the character now that I've hit 98. Not feeling the last two levels.

"
FullCust wrote:
how much moar dps would you get if your weapon were 20% quality??????????

also: what about lab enchant

20% would add next to nothing. My tooltip in hideout says 12-46 phys damage.

Lab enchants.
Helm:
FB Damage is nice.
FB Projectile speed is pretty pointless.

Gloves:
Fury > Spite > Force

I wish I farmed for one of them but was too focused on mapping.
Hey Oos!

Started a reave slayer, aoe still feels really crappy leveling, thinking of going FB/dodge. I think that trading the frenzy charges for overleach would give me another layer of survivability while giving up some dmg and attack speed. thoughts?
"
LeeBee wrote:
Hey Oos!

Started a reave slayer, aoe still feels really crappy leveling, thinking of going FB/dodge. I think that trading the frenzy charges for overleach would give me another layer of survivability while giving up some dmg and attack speed. thoughts?

Interesting take on the build. It may be harder to cap Dodge without Raider, but Slayer provides other benefits.
You can check the thread on Reddit and the previous posts in this thread for more ideas on how to manage your dodge, like using a Watcher's Eye.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7n3ahp/capped_dodge_white_wind_frost_blades_raider_guide/

Slayer would be a good choice for this build, but requires slightly more investment I'd say. Tree will probably be the same.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info