[3.11] Toasters HC Guardian Support – 12 Auras – Victario's Influence

"
hansoap wrote:

Hey, thoughts on using these gloves? Frees up the ring area for the need of dex, and provides some attack speed. I can craft some flat es onto it.

Heyhey, put quality and inc es on, and they are okay. Personally, I would try to end up with at least 120es on gloves, but in the end it's not a huge difference. Just go with them till you can afford better ones. :)

anyone minds elaborating a bit more on the 2x poet's for levelling? which gems have you used?
in this setting do you also use tabula rasa (which gems)?
thanks!
Last edited by Manuelitoildrito on Jan 29, 2018, 9:06:22 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your guide. I am thinking of rolling a support for the first time in HC and after telling my mates that I liked your guide they were a bit skeptical about avoiding chaos damage with Victario's. We are playing HC and they are argueing that you were mainly chaining Poorjoy's Rota's to become lvl 100, therefore there wasn't so much chaos damage?

I know that you already wrote a section about chaos damage and things to consider with it.

My questions are:

1. What are the Pro's/Con's between Victario's in relation to Shavronne's and playing as a LL support?

2. If I choose to play this build as LL support with Shavronne's, can I still use your Level Tree and change some nodes when I go full support?

3. My endgame goal is to change my support build to LL RF Guardian (if i get the currency). Does this influence my decision between running a Victario's and Shavronne's support in the first place?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
"
Durza1985 wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for your guide. I am thinking of rolling a support for the first time in HC and after telling my mates that I liked your guide they were a bit skeptical about avoiding chaos damage with Victario's. We are playing HC and they are argueing that you were mainly chaining Poorjoy's Rota's to become lvl 100, therefore there wasn't so much chaos damage?

I know that you already wrote a section about chaos damage and things to consider with it.

My questions are:

1. What are the Pro's/Con's between Victario's in relation to Shavronne's and playing as a LL support?

2. If I choose to play this build as LL support with Shavronne's, can I still use your Level Tree and change some nodes when I go full support?

3. My endgame goal is to change my support build to LL RF Guardian (if i get the currency). Does this influence my decision between running a Victario's and Shavronne's support in the first place?

I can understand your mates, but they are wrong. First of all, on my road to 100 I did around 30% of my exp @ Poorjoys. So most of my exp were done on regular maps, especially with crazy double beyond maps. And what causes more dangerous situations (in terms of chaos damage) than double beyond? It was an ease and I never dropped below 60% of my life.

Just tell your friends to do the maths (maths never lies). An avg HC player has around 7k life with -60% chaos res. So they could manage to survive around 4.4k chaos damage.
My support has around 1.3k life with 75% chaos res. So it would survive a hit of around 5.2k chaos damage (not considering the Pantheon).
So, obviously hits are not dangerous for you.

Now let's think about damage over time. Besides the 75% chaos res with 1.3k life you end up with MoM (around 200 mana regen/s) and 200 life regen/s (not counting in any buffs or enduring cry).
So if there is a degen of 1200 pure chaos damage per second, you could still outregen the damage (not considering Pantheon and any buffs). This would be a degen of 1920 damage/s vs the 7k life build. Even if there would be a caustic cloud dealing 5000 chaos damage per second, you could tank it longer than 1 second. The life build would be dead in less than 1 sec. And such kind of caustic clouds doesn't even exists in Poorjoys with additional chaos mob sextants (additional chaos mobs @ poorjoys, are the strongest source of chaos damage I have ever seen, and my Guardian could easily survive them. On the other side, I saw some shavs supports and life builds dying to these clouds).

Of course, you could add Coruscating Elixir and would be literally the most tanky build vs. chaos damage possible. But this is not required, since I hit 100 without it, without any close call.
I hope this convinces you and your friends! :)

Now let's come to your questions:
1. I wrote the answer already in the build guide, just check it out. (short form: better offense, defense, cheaper)

2. No, this is not possible. The shavs and Victarios supports are using completely different trees.

3. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to start as support and respecc as RF later, since that are fundamental different builds. As I told some other ppl, if you want to play support, play support.. if you want to play RF, play RF.. don't mix both.
In the end, my tree is closer to the RF tree, than the tree of a LL Shavs, but the difference is not huge.
"
Toaster404 wrote:
"
Durza1985 wrote:
Hi,

My questions are:

I can understand your mates, but they are wrong. First of all, on my road to 100 I did around 30% of my exp @ Poorjoys. So most of my exp were done on regular maps, especially with crazy double beyond maps. And what causes more dangerous situations (in terms of chaos damage) than double beyond? It was an ease and I never dropped below 60% of my life.

Just tell your friends to do the maths (maths never lies). An avg HC player has around 7k life with -60% chaos res. So they could manage to survive around 4.4k chaos damage.
My support has around 1.3k life with 75% chaos res. So it would survive a hit of around 5.2k chaos damage (not considering the Pantheon).
So, obviously hits are not dangerous for you.

Now let's think about damage over time. Besides the 75% chaos res with 1.3k life you end up with MoM (around 200 mana regen/s) and 200 life regen/s (not counting in any buffs or enduring cry).
So if there is a degen of 1200 pure chaos damage per second, you could still outregen the damage (not considering Pantheon and any buffs). This would be a degen of 1920 damage/s vs the 7k life build. Even if there would be a caustic cloud dealing 5000 chaos damage per second, you could tank it longer than 1 second. The life build would be dead in less than 1 sec. And such kind of caustic clouds doesn't even exists in Poorjoys with additional chaos mob sextants (additional chaos mobs @ poorjoys, are the strongest source of chaos damage I have ever seen, and my Guardian could easily survive them. On the other side, I saw some shavs supports and life builds dying to these clouds).

Of course, you could add Coruscating Elixir and would be literally the most tanky build vs. chaos damage possible. But this is not required, since I hit 100 without it, without any close call.
I hope this convinces you and your friends! :)

Now let's come to your questions:
1. I wrote the answer already in the build guide, just check it out. (short form: better offense, defense, cheaper)

2. No, this is not possible. The shavs and Victarios supports are using completely different trees.

3. In my opinion it doesn't make sense to start as support and respecc as RF later, since that are fundamental different builds. As I told some other ppl, if you want to play support, play support.. if you want to play RF, play RF.. don't mix both.
In the end, my tree is closer to the RF tree, than the tree of a LL Shavs, but the difference is not huge.

Thanks for your fast and detailed answer. You convinced me and I will give it a try. :)
Hello, can I am a newbie in this game. Can i ask why we are not using purity of elements in the auras, i see it increases 27% all resists for guardian and his party.
"
InDang3r wrote:
Hello, can I am a newbie in this game. Can i ask why we are not using purity of elements in the auras, i see it increases 27% all resists for guardian and his party.

Heyhey :)

Purity of Elements only increases your resistances, but not youre Maximum Resistance.
The usual cap of Resistance is 75%. With Auras like Purity of Lightning (gives 9% Max res with my build if you get it lvl 21), you can get 84% Max Res for example.
This wouldn't be possible with Purity of Elements, because it doesn't increase the Max res.

Furthermore, the res are not needed, you and your teammates have all capped resistances with Purity of Lightning/Ice/Fire already.
I've been playing your aura bot now for a while and I'm really happy with how its turned out. Very tanky!! I'm extremely pleased with how well i'm able to perform in both providing auras and taking hits. Its a shame it doesn't come together sooner, the higher levels of the items slows the process.

I was reviewing your current build to see how you've updated your guy and I see you're now equipped with some exp gear, good idea and easily doable. One thing I did notice in your tree however is that you've got 3 points for skill effect duration being extended, which as far as I can see is only affecting the vaal haste/ES and shout. Might you consider changing those for more es mana or perhaps another gem as it seems i'm running with haste up all the time and only rarely need the vaal discipline w/o those 3 points.
"

anyone minds elaborating a bit more on the 2x poet's for levelling? which gems have you used?
in this setting do you also use tabula rasa (which gems)?
thanks!

Frostbolt
Ele Focus
Controlled Destruction

Firestorm
Ele Focus
Concentrated Effect

Then use -8 Praxis rings with Frenzy(keep Frenzy at level 1), GMP, Faster Attacks, Life Gain on Hit. Just put this setup in chest or gloves or helm or anywhere you can fit it. After you hit level 30, begin using Thief's torment for the life and mana gain on hit, and the all res.

You will absolutely destroy all content all the way up until you switch to Support at level 70.

Tabula isn't even needed, I just used Briskwrap because of the attack speed, resists, and extra dexterity for getting a higher level on my Faster Attacks (faster barrage = faster spells).
Last edited by Xanthochroid on Feb 4, 2018, 3:42:06 PM
Do you think I can squeeze something more from this build with my EQ? (aside of two-stone ring replacement and 21/20 gems)
Spoiler

Last edited by xXWodzuPLXx on Feb 4, 2018, 1:59:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info