Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[3.1] Cyclone of the Goddess | Crit Cyclone | Oni-Goroshi | Full MF VIABLE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------CYCLONE OF THE GODDESS-------------------

What is and how does this build work?

Cyclone has always been my favorite skill of this game. So seeing this sword added into the game made me want to try and make a build around it.

Oni scales off your level starting from level 1... so yes you could indefinitely use it starting from level 1 to 100.

Degen: Oni does fire damage to you for 0.5% of your max life/ES per second per level. At level 90 it will fire damage you for 45% of your hp. You work around this with having a nice amount of life regen, Purity of fire and your pantheons. Keep in mind that this fire damage is not ignite damage but a degen like Righteous Fire.

Immunities: While you have the swords buff... you are immune to stun, freezing, chill, ignite and unaffected to burning ground.

Mitigation: Nice amount of regen left even after burning. 9% Maximum life leech rate. 30% crit damage reduction. 20% to take 50% less aoe damage. 6% Physical Damage reduction if only one mob in the area (great for bosses). Immunities. Cyclone has great avoidance for the new phys/ele reflects on mobs. Acrobatics to dodge attacks. Remaining armor from gear to mitigate phys dmg. Maim slows down the enemies.

So hows it work? You cyclone into a pack or leap slam for fortify buff. You're crit based so your sword ignites the pack giving you the sword buff.

UPDATES:

12/24: Found out hearld of ash was enough fire dmg to ignite. Removed added fire to add Maim for more survivability.

12/26: Changed some of the passive tree around to adjust more defensively.
12/26: Upgraded amulet- Tooltip now 400k/ 5100 hp. (Still missing taste of hate)
12/26: Elder Down ! All T15 maps cleared.

12/29: Tested various skill support gems. Edited Tree to add a jewel socket and mana/life leech.
Removed Hatred and Enlighten (2 gem sockets open vaal grace/haste?)
Removed BloodMagic off cyclone, added in Critical Strike Damage. (Was higher output then added
fire).
12/29: PoB is currently showing with current gear and maxed 20/20 Gems, Taste of Hate and changing
the movement flask to a diamond flask. Vaal Haste.
Effective DPS: 1 Million on Cyclone.

1/12: Killed Phoenix and Hydra guardians.

1/14: Switch to a full MF set up to see if it would work. Works just fine in clearing T15 maps.
Took mostly IIQ over IIR.

Weapon:

This is the main weapon of the build.

Armor:
Belly of the Beast- Nice life% and resistance.
Kaom Heart- Most life mod from a chest piece and increased fire damage.
Any 6L- Life, Resistance

Helmet:
Devoto Devotion- Increased attack speed, Movement speed, Chaos resistance. Best choice for cyclone mechanics.
Rat's Nest- Crit damage output, attack speed.

Gloves:
Oskarm- Accuracy, Crit, Spell Dodge, Curse. Best choice because of getting our curse to use.
Rare- Life, attack speed, Physical damage, resistance.

Rings/Amulet:
Rare- Physical Damage, Elemental Damage, Life, Resistance... You WILL need something with int on it.

Boots:
Rare- Life, Resistance, Movement.

Belt:
Belt of the Deceiver- Physical Damage, Intimidate (10% increased damage), Life, Resistance, Reduced Critical Damage Taken. Best choice for mitigation.
Rare- Life, Resistance

Flasks:
Lion's Roar.
Taste of Hate.
Atziri Promise.
Movement Flask.
Health Flask with instant heal.

Passive Tree:

Ascendancy:
Slayer- Brutal Fervour, Headsman, Endless Hunger, Bane of Legends.

Bandit:
Help Oak.

Pantheons:
Soul of Solaris- Reduced aoe hit
Soul of Abberath- Reduced fire damage taken when your moving from pack to pack since you are not leeching.

Gem Links:

Weapon- Cyclone, Critcal Strike Damage, WED, Melee Physical, Conc Effect, Maim.
Gloves- Immortal Call, CWDT, Ice Golem, Blood Rage.
Boots- Leap Slam, Fortify, Faster Attack, Blood Magic.
Helm- Hearld of Ash, Purity of Fire, Hatred, Enlighten(Must be lvl 3)
Chest- Ancestral Protector, Blood Magic, Conc Effect, Multistrike, WED, Melee Physical.

ScreenShots/ Videos:

Will post shortly.

Map Mods:

NO
-No Regen.
-Phys/Ele Reflect.

Q&A:

NO Jewels?- Tree can be optimized to get some if you wish, I chose not to untill I level into the high 90s. Personal Choice.

Blood Magic Node?- More life yes but we lose all of our auras and Purity of fire is a must to help with the degen mitigation.

The Passive tree itself isnt fully optimized so there could be some changes and updates.
I will try to update regularly on what I find to better suit the build and my progression.

You can send me a message via the forum mail or on this post if you have any questions or something I could improve.

--------------------

Last edited by Dazerk on Jan 16, 2018, 9:10:38 AM
Last bumped on Mar 20, 2018, 3:48:12 PM
this is the tree i'm planning on using

http://poeurl.com/bHCP

also, on crit, you ignite with any source of flat fire dmg (ring, amulet, jewels) so you don't really need herald of ash.
Would this build work with blade flurry for bosses & reave for clear?
"
Would this build work with blade flurry for bosses & reave for clear?

It could possibly, I havnt tried. I dont see why not.
why no jewel sockets? would be so much better with them wouldn't you think?
"
Blackcross187 wrote:
why no jewel sockets? would be so much better with them wouldn't you think?

Tree isnt optimized, I put it together in about 15 mins. Its also only a level 90 tree so there is room to put in jewels.
If you're going to run Blood Magic Support on everything anyway, drop the Thick Skin life cluster and pick up the Blood Magic cluster on the tree. That will give you more +% max life and open up sockets on gear for better supports.
"
Gaikotsu1234 wrote:
If you're going to run Blood Magic Support on everything anyway, drop the Thick Skin life cluster and pick up the Blood Magic cluster on the tree. That will give you more +% max life and open up sockets on gear for better supports.

Wont be able to have auras then. Purity of fire is a must to keep the degen down.
Updated the post, removed all the random story line junk so its easier to read.
what's your opinion on picking up the "Life and Mana Leech" node next to "Vitality Void". and replace Blood Magic with Added Fire Damage.

I haven't start running Purity of Fire yet. So I am not too sure once I hit higher level, the honeymoon period of Her Embrace would be over without Purity of Fire.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info