Summon Spectre: A point to summoning Blue/Yellow mobs?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
A spectre is not the same monster who's corpse you use to summon it. It is a new monster of the same type, and always of normal rarity.

so to be clear, this implies that the level of the monster does not matter?

rare have +1 level in maps though, so summoning a rare would make a small difference if monster level is taken into account--- correct?
I double your bid.

IGN:paranoidcoder
Summoning magic and rare mobs gives you a higher level mob that is then downscaled to the same level as the map but if you took it to a higher level map then its level would go to match the level of the magic or rare you raised. So if you find some rare flame sentinels in ST3 then you would have level 64 mobs instead of level 62 mobs for map running.
"
Elynole wrote:
That would be an ungodly OP keystone idea, and it's drawbacks in getting it would need to be pretty high.
ungodly op?? what does that mean.
"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine." - Bruce Lee
"
paranoidcoder wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
A spectre is not the same monster who's corpse you use to summon it. It is a new monster of the same type, and always of normal rarity.

so to be clear, this implies that the level of the monster does not matter?
No, it does not imply that. The level of the monster does matter.

"
paranoidcoder wrote:
rare have +1 level in maps though, so summoning a rare would make a small difference if monster level is taken into account--- correct?
No, rares drop items at a level above their itemlevel, they don't have a higher level themselves.
For the time beeing you can use dominating blow. 1 minute of the rare that just made your life so much more difficult is quite fun. Especially that haste aura...ridiculous. :D
CliveHowlitzer wrote:

I am now too addicted to that feeling of being kicked in the nuts when you die.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

this is broken

fix it.
I have raised yellow rares mobs as spectres and then watched as the spectre would cast the same curses on everything it meets that the yellow mob was casting on me. Is that working as intended?
.... dupe post
Last edited by Qiox on Mar 13, 2013, 7:33:58 PM
Using the correct spectre with the correct support gems and the correct auras, they can already demolish packs of rare mobs on high level maps, even if you only have one spectre (supported with zombies/skeletons).

making them any stronger is a really bad idea.

The only concession i'd make to being able to spectrefy magic rare mobs is : "cannot benefit from support skills/auras". Thats about the only way to make it balanced.

1? lol? 1 regular spec can mow down things on max level maps. You just need to summon it from a map to begin with (which gives it godmode back in regular zones).
a perma rare spectre keystone would be so broken.
Note the auras on rares are fucking imba.
I was 12000 es and 5000 life too.
IGN: TsuruyaNyro

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info