[3.1] Champion Flicker Strike (Golden Rule-Red Trail Combo) - [Gameplay Video added]

INTRODUCTION

Flickerstrike build using the Golden Rule-Red Trail Combo to generate frenzy charges. Went for pure elemental damage (cold) as going physical imo is not possible as the reflected bleed will wreck you (even conversion, the bleed damage is still troublesome to manage)

3.2 Update

Overall aside from ascendancy revamps we don't have any significant changes. Skill Tree would be pretty much the same, as for the ascendancy we'll definitely take the taunt section and a personal preference between the three other notables (Inspirational for clearing, First to Strike Last to Fall will be great for bosses)...also looking forward with the new uniques and new fated ones, maybe there's something we can use for this build

VIDEO

Shaped Gorge
https://youtu.be/_j7a_ZZsckQ
sloppy/careless run XD. Didn't notice gorge was influenced by elder so i have these annoying Null Portals
T13 Core
https://youtu.be/yEA5UyaGfPU
Corrupted/Vulnerability/Extra Cold Damage/Reduced Damage from crit

OVERVIEW

Pros:

+ Perma Fortify (Onslaught if using Perseverance Belt)
+ Enemies are Perma Chill/Blind/Maimed/Intimidated
+ Fast Clear
+ Pretty Good Single Target (600k Shaper Dps to 1M Minmax)
+ Quite Tanky (5.5k HP 50/40 Dodge/Kintsugi 20%less/fortify
+ Stun Immune (as per my set up)

Cons:

- Needs specific uniques/euipments to work
- Evasion based

SKILL TREE

Champion (want the perma fortify thing as im lazy af. Ascendant INQ/Ass or INQ/Raider will give you higher DPS

Passives

PoB: https://pastebin.com/GdajjdEj

Ascendancy Points: Inspirational-Unstoppable Hero-Fortitude-First to Strike Last to Fall

Bandits:Alira (for easier gearing as we difficulty in getting resist), Kill all if you can manage to cap your resists

LEVELING TREES

Spoiler
WIP

SKILL TREE EXPLANATION

Frenzy Charges, Claw Nodes, Acro and Phase Acro...same tree for other class, just change the starting point

JEWELS

life,ias for claws, crit multi, flat cold damage

not optimal, fire damage should be cold. abyss jewels are op i got 8 similar to these (except fire should be cold damage) making me immune to stun XD. (4 jewel slot on tree, 2 from tombfist, 2 from light poacher)
and of course Golden Rule Jewel

SCREENSHOTS

SKILL DPS

WIP

DEFENSE

WIP

GEAR

Gears update (currently lv85)

Since we're using Lightpoacher and Tombfist with 2 abyssal socket each, we have limited sockets links for gems.
This will be my planned set up:
Chest 6L = FS Setup: FS-Multistrike-Elem Damage with Attacks-Added Cold-Melee Splash-Ice Bite (swap splash for Ruthless at Boss fights)

Boots (4L)-Herald of ice Curse Set up: HoI-Onslaught + Blasphemy-Curse (Assassin's Mark for more consistent Crit/Poacher's Mark for more mana/life on hit/Warlord's Mark xtra leech endu charge generation) i went for Assassin's Mark. Or if you're short in resist you can keep your curse linked with your HoI via curse on hit and use Purities

Shield(3L) : CwDT(1)+Immortal Call(3) - Ancestral Protector (Max)

Weapon (2L+1L): Movement Skill Whirling Blades/Shield Charge+Faster Attacks for the xtra slot you can put purity/portal/blood rage/chargedash

Helm (2L) : CwDt+FrostBomb (will need to rechrome my helm for this)

Gloves : Arctic Armour - Ice Golem

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

rare claw/thrusting sword, look for CritChance/Crit Multi/Attack Speed
Important: Do not quality ur weapon as it increases the phys damage thus increasing the reflected bleed damage on you

Off-Hand

Rare shield with life/resists accuracy, Lycosidae for end-game

Helm

imo Lightpoacher will be better than Starkonja especially if you got to 2-abyssal socet variant as you can socket two abyssal jewels on it with life rolls + 3 potential damage mods

Chest

BiS, less damage taken and also helps with the reflected bleed damaga (need confirmation on this one tho)

Gloves

to permanenet intimidate and maim enemies
can also use rare gloves with life/resists/ias and accuracy if not using lycosidae

Boots

of course

Amulet

BiS, Cold Penetration/Cold Damage/Perma Chill and Blind on Enemies. You can use rare amulet with life/crit multi/resist instead if you can't afford these for now.

Rings

Rare rings with WED/Life/Flat Cold Dmage..This is where you get the majority of your resists

Belt

Rare with life/resist/Wed
Perseverance if you can get you resst cap
Can even use the new Cyclopean belt to be immune to freeze

LINKS AND GEMS

Main DPS Setup

Flicker-Multistrike-Elemental Damage with Attacks-Melee Splash-Added Cold-Ice Bite
switch Ruthless for Melee splsah for ST

CWDT Setup

CWDT-Immortal Call

Mobility Setup

Whirling Blades/Shield Charge + Faster Attacks

Aura Setup

Herald of Ice-Curse on hit-Assassins Mark-Onlaught
Arctic Armour

Golem/Utility

Ice Golem
Ancestral Protector

LEVELING

Levelled as Frostblade

Still need to test endgame but levelling is a breeze so far, relflected bleed damage is no issue at all....still a lot of room for improvement (as well as the guide lol), open for suggestion and advise to improve it more.

to whoever hacked my account....enjoy ur pixelated stuff u shithole
Last edited by Qyenoh on Feb 28, 2018, 4:22:09 PM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2018, 2:38:57 AM
Reserved
What about ancestral call? Also, I had similar idea for a different build to utilize red trail, but can't see it working without bloodgrip/deadeye's rupture. Even though you deal low phys and bleed yourself that way, enemies will hit hard and bleed will be deadly, since it should override weaker bleed on you.
when you write BiS under a piece of gear it is not gear explanation. just sayin
"
Wrists wrote:
when you write BiS under a piece of gear it is not gear explanation. just sayin

i know, just made the guide in a hurrty at work.lol

will polish it once i got time and test the build in end game as well.
"
Trejos wrote:
What about ancestral call? Also, I had similar idea for a different build to utilize red trail, but can't see it working without bloodgrip/deadeye's rupture. Even though you deal low phys and bleed yourself that way, enemies will hit hard and bleed will be deadly, since it should override weaker bleed on you.

Oh yeah i missed that on the guide but im actually using it, and you can also see that on the PoB link. As for the bleed, got np dealing with self inflict bleed, as for bleeds from enemy hit i haven't really got that or i just manage to outleech or out regen that too, but just in case i got staunching flask for that one.
is this guardian viable? also whats average cost.
Updated gears and skill gem set-up. Will try to upload some vids and screenshot later today if i got time.
Hey, currently saving up currency to get the core uniques and try this build, I love one handed flicker because of its speed

One question tho: are the helmet and gloves with one abyssal socket viable or is 2 needed for dps?

Oh, and a suggestion, maybe you can add like a priority list for uniques in terms of survivabilty/damage increase.

Looking forward to those videos :)
"
Hey, currently saving up currency to get the core uniques and try this build, I love one handed flicker because of its speed

One question tho: are the helmet and gloves with one abyssal socket viable or is 2 needed for dps?

Oh, and a suggestion, maybe you can add like a priority list for uniques in terms of survivabilty/damage increase.

Looking forward to those videos :)

Totally viable if you just go with Starkonja and a rare gloves or even maligaro's. But if you can get the helm with 2 abyssal socket it will be better than starkonja as you can socket 2 jewels with flat life to cover the life loss from starkonja and 6 (2x3) potential dps mods from the jewels, +all res and spirit burst for xtra clearspeed. I just want to be stun immune using the stun avoidance mods from the abyss jewels and i needed at least 8 abyssal sockets to achieve that so i went for tombfist with 2 sockets as well XD, currently at 104% stun avoidance lol..yeah i know the traditional jewels with %life and damage mods are still better for this one but those are pricey af
Last edited by Qyenoh on Dec 21, 2017, 3:48:06 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info