FPS Drops

Hopefully I get a response from GGG soon. Sent them an email last night. I really do want to get into Path of Exile, I am enjoy the game so long as I can stay at 30 fps or above, which I shouldn't have any problem staying at 60 fps, but at least 30 fps is playable. However, I have been dipping below 30 fps, and its only gonna get worse, as the density raises, and I start playing more advanced builds.
Its getting worse...

14 FPS
Got a response from GGG. They said that they are overwhelmed, with thousands of requests for technical assistance. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.
Any word on this? I found that switching from windowed to full screen helped me out. I still see an FPS drop but it's much more manageable.
Still dropping FPS whenever im fighting, and sometimes in towns too. Ive just decided that its gonna be there no matter what. *Shrugs*
My computer can run multiple AAA games on multiple monitors at the same time.
Yet, I get 20 FPS in random maps in Path of Exile for the first time.
Clearly there is something that we cannot control in the game that makes us lag.
One thing to test might be switching to "predictive" rather than auto or lockstep network mode, and see if that helps.

Beyond that, can y'all identify what is bottlenecking here? Is your CPU hitting 100 percent? Is a single core pegged at 100 percent but the others are not? How about the GPU load?

One possible work-around in the interim, while you dig, is to turn on dynamic resolution in the DX11 client, and set the target to 30FPS.

If PoE can't keep up it will drop resolution to compensate automatically, so it will remain playable even if the graphics occasionally spike down in quality.
"
One thing to test might be switching to "predictive" rather than auto or lockstep network mode, and see if that helps.

Tried that, didn't help my lag, and it added a new problem. Where I would constantly rubber band.

"
Beyond that, can y'all identify what is bottlenecking here? Is your CPU hitting 100 percent? Is a single core pegged at 100 percent but the others are not? How about the GPU load?

My CPU & GPU are fine I believe

"
One possible work-around in the interim, while you dig, is to turn on dynamic resolution in the DX11 client, and set the target to 30FPS.

These are my settings.

I have tried playing with dynamic resolution and it hasnt solved anything. In fact I think it makes it worse. I shouldn't have any problem running PoE at highest settings, at 60 FPS.

Closer Look at Computer Spec's

"
Mightyzaxor wrote:
Got a response from GGG. They said that they are overwhelmed, with thousands of requests for technical assistance. Hopefully they get this fixed soon.

Do not be so naive, they respond equally to everyone, because they don't know what the problem is and how to solve it, it is easier to issue new microtransactions
Getting the same FPS drops. It's maddening how I can play any other game no issues but PoE is almost unplayable. Just standing in town drops my FPS 20 frames. I've tried all tips to fix this and nothing has helped.

Anyone found something that actually worked??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info