FPS Drops

Hello, I have been getting into PoE over the last week. However, I have been noticing some frame drops. My computer is pretty good, I shouldn't be lagging in a game as old as Path of Exile. It mostly happens when there are a lot of enemies on the screen, or just a lot of particle effects from my character. However, it has been in the mid 40 frames just by standing in town. I have taken some screenshots to better demonstrate the problem.

-If I could get some help I would really appreciate it :), I really really do want to get into Path of Exile, been having fun with it, even with the frames dropping into the 20s. It would be a lot more fun, if I could get constant 60 FPS though. Thanks in advance :).

~I started off with several pics concerning my processor in more elaborate information, since I have talked to some people who tried to help, but couldn't figure it out. They ended up saying that Path of Exile is a more processor heavy game. However, I am not very tech saavy, but it doesn't look like my processor is bad? What do you guys think?

[Edit] - adding in the internet speed test:Hardwired, not wireless

[Edit2] - adding in the wintMTR test: https://pastebin.com/ZuB4086t
Had this test going for 15 minutes.
Last edited by Mightyzaxor on Dec 18, 2017, 4:05:09 AM
Last bumped on Jan 30, 2019, 3:56:20 AM
i got the same problem the last days, trying to fix the fps drops.
in town i had like 160fps, on maps with quite a bit of monsters around 40fps.
the moment i start to attack my fps dropped down to 12fps

thats how i solved the Problem:

for any reason if i start PoE through steam, i get horrible performance. i tried to run the 64bit version, switched around from dx9 to dx9ex to dx11. nothing worked. then i just found two applications in the steam install folder for PoE.
There are 2 PoE.exe files, which dont run with steam. after i started from there my fps stay at constantly 60fps with vsync, 180fps without. even with a huge amount of effects and monsters on screen.

This is just a possible fix for users of the Steam version.

Hope this helps you
Looking at the folder, I see the 2 ".exe" files you're talking about, but they both still start with steam.

I will try to play the game with both of them, and see what happens.

[Edit] No dice, still FPS drops.
Last edited by Mightyzaxor on Dec 18, 2017, 3:29:11 AM
Adding in more information.

An internet speed test results in:

Also, I am hardwired, so there is no fluctuation here.
are you using lockstep? try with predictive to see if this is specific with your hardware or with the servers, i myself have had that problem with fps drops, when i switched to predictive, drops are gone. so it have something to do with me using lockstep.
Tried, still didn't seem to fix. FPS still dropping in the 20s

There is a lot of us with this issue, just waiting for some form of statement that really appears like its never going to happen.

Heres hoping.
When did it start happening? Cause I just recently started playing.
I reinstall Poe.
Reinstall video card driver.
Try 9, 9ex, 11 DX.
Try to use --noasync, -ns, --nopreload and other.
Set graphic to minimum.
And a lot of another things, nothing help.
I think this is not my problem, something vith this game after patch 3.1.
sry for my eng
It's looking like you're right. Shame, I wish I could have seen how my computer performed before update 3.1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info