[3.1] Volatile Berserker (Poet's Pen + Volatile Dead) | 8-9K Life | Incredible DPS | Easy Leveling

"
"
Sinux12 wrote:
First of all, thanks for taking your time to reply to all these comments and writing this guide in the first place, its really appreciated!

I do have one slight question though. While I know this has been asked before (yes I browsed through all 25 pages), I wonder if Berserker is the right choice for going HC. I've seen a couple of posts saying it will be fine, as long as I go for Vaal Pact and MoM, while others say its too squishy, and I should opt for Champion (Duelist) as its closer to Vaal pact, and the permanent fortify would be awesome.

Could we try and and agree on the best choice for HC?

To sum it up, the Acuity's are too expensive on Abyss HC at the moment, so they are out of the question.
So I would need an alternate solution, (Vaal Pact + MoM I assume) + maybe some alternative uniques, and an alternate class to play (if Berserker is not good enough for HC).

Would someone be able to provide me with the potential best combo?

Thank you all! :)

for HC I would go Perm IC with Hiero. Its absurd with 100% physical immunity

Sounds like a solid choice, still Aim for Vaal Pact and MoM?
hey eJonKou, amazing build. I'm level 80 currently and only died once which for me is amazing. Clean speed is good and killing bosses is sooo easy. Is it normal to have low defense in this build? (which we compensate with 8k+ life? I have 2k defense)

The vaal pack tree is out of date for me.

Thanks
Last edited by qIta on Dec 26, 2017, 11:33:18 PM
"
Salvatron wrote:
hey eJonKou, amazing build. I'm level 80 currently and only died once which for me is amazing. Clean speed is good and killing bosses is sooo easy. Is it normal to have low defense in this build? (which we compensate with 8k+ life? I have 2k defense)

The vaal pack tree is out of date for me.

Thanks

The build is similair to the pre-3.0 ES builds, where we have very little in terms of layered defense but we compensate by having a large life pool and great leech. Armour and Evasion/Dodge are very meh unless you actually build around those mechanics, so there's little point on focusing on those defenses.

I'll check out the VP tree.
"
Nethicite wrote:
Hi, can you link some jewel examples? I'm not really sure what kind of damage i ought to be looking for in increasing this build's effectiveness, like is it spell, is it physical, is it fire damage? Or does the stat just say "Increased Damage"? Or attack speed? Sorry, kinda bad with identifying good equipment still after several leagues.

Life with 2 Damage modifiers is what you should aim for. Volatile Dead has the tags: Spell, AoE & Fire. Which means that modifiers to spell damage, fire damage, elemental damage and area damage will impact Volatile Dead. You can generally pick these jewels up for pretty cheap.

"
Sinux12 wrote:
First of all, thanks for taking your time to reply to all these comments and writing this guide in the first place, its really appreciated!

I do have one slight question though. While I know this has been asked before (yes I browsed through all 25 pages), I wonder if Berserker is the right choice for going HC. I've seen a couple of posts saying it will be fine, as long as I go for Vaal Pact and MoM, while others say its too squishy, and I should opt for Champion (Duelist) as its closer to Vaal pact, and the permanent fortify would be awesome.

Could we try and and agree on the best choice for HC?

To sum it up, the Acuity's are too expensive on Abyss HC at the moment, so they are out of the question.
So I would need an alternate solution, (Vaal Pact + MoM I assume) + maybe some alternative uniques, and an alternate class to play (if Berserker is not good enough for HC).

Would someone be able to provide me with the potential best combo?

Thank you all! :)

I definitely wouldn't recommend Berserker for HC. I think if you're playing HC then you're probably better off choosing a defensive class like Champion(Permanent Fortify, close to VP and has good generic damage and Taunt buffs), Occultist/Trickster(If you're playing a Low Life or CI version of the build), Hierophant(You go Life MoM or Hybrid MoM with mana stacking + Sanctuary of Thought + Mindspiral), Gladiator(Aim to max block, damage will suffer but your defenses will be amazing).

VD is really strong at the moment which makes it work on pretty much anything.
I'm running strong with a modified version of the build. I took out all the crit and added in elemental and fire damage. The DPS is similar without items, and it's cheaper to gear up when you're not worried about stacking crit. Maybe my damage is suffering, but my survivability is top notch (near 7k HP without a Kaom's Heart, 100+ uncapped elemental resists, Devoto's with 40% Volatile Dead damage).

I've also theory-crafted an Inquisitor version of this build, for more crit synergy. You lose the built-in leech and about 40% max life, but the DPS is much better.
Hey I was told about this build and link I was wondering how this is strictly speaking from a farming end game and bosses content perspective. Love to hear back thanks
reflect should be in the conz list
never rly thought bout till i tried a phys refl map
i knew i cant run ele, but phys i figured should be okish, but nop not with my current gear at least

anyways overall iam fairly happy 85 atm doing up to t10 just fine with the setup i threw together
gear: trying a movespeed build with qotf atm, aiming to run alot of evasion % while running jewels instead of max life%, obviously this will result in mutch lower life, but should be still enough for the purpose of running the easier maps quickly
ps ignore the gemsetup, still thinking bout uses for the open slots

Spoiler

let me know what u guys think and how i could imnprove
Last edited by Rufnet on Dec 27, 2017, 7:40:52 AM
Anyone have an updated Vaal Pact tree version? I'd like to roll this later today when I wake up but the tree given is horribly out of date.
"
Faust2012 wrote:
Thanks for the build ! I am currently running non crit-version with EO while saving for acuities.

I was wondering if having some flat cold or lightning on a ring would make elemental
equilibrium procs by frenzy ? Anyone knows if it would work overall, and if targets would keep the -50 % debuff even after volatile dead hits ?

Volatile Dead will proc EE, so it's not adviced.

"
azurarutlan wrote:
Anyone have an updated Vaal Pact tree version? I'd like to roll this later today when I wake up but the tree given is horribly out of date.

The VP version was updated.
Hey - I have been playing with an Inquisitor and happen to have the funds to purchase the life leach on anger jewel. Do you think that you could possibly post tree that makes sense for Inq. or am i better off just flat rerolling? Would like to compare what you come up with to what I have.. Thanks a ton!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info