[3.1] Crit Inquisitor MoM Lightning Tendrils build, fairly tanky, cheap to build, beginner friendly

"
No_Free_Names wrote:
what about single target? also planning to do smth similar

You get single target damage by changing increased AoE to Conc Effect.
"
Slosh876 wrote:
Good guide btw I like the way how u flesh things out with detail and sound reasoning.

Thanks for the compliment. I realized I forgot to mention the downside of Mind of the Council gets ignored thanks to Inpulsa's ignore effects of Shock.
Okay just got to end game and made some changes to the build for myself.

Instead of running herald of thunder & clarity, I use a Wrath in a Essence Worm Ring so that I can run a Clear mind Jewel. This gives me more mana to tank with plus some regen and also a bit of damage.

For main skill I swapped out increased aoe support gem for Storm Barrier to generate power charges and added warlord's mark to my orb of storm setup instead.
Swap Conc effect in when i'm doing bosses.

Swapped out vortex for Tempest shield also.

Also why no mention of Doryani's Catalyst and Atziri's Promise, free life leech from both. Damage is also not that far off from Singularity , if anything the added leech benefit out ways it imo, until you can craft something better.

edit: Temp amulet with some leech, till I get better.

Forever chillin...
Last edited by Slosh876 on Dec 18, 2017, 11:46:27 AM
Why not level Arcane Surge past 7?
"
Slosh876 wrote:
Okay just got to end game and made some changes to the build for myself.

Instead of running herald of thunder & clarity, I use a Wrath in a Essence Worm Ring so that I can run a Clear mind Jewel. This gives me more mana to tank with plus some regen and also a bit of damage.

For main skill I swapped out increased aoe support gem for Storm Barrier to generate power charges and added warlord's mark to my orb of storm setup instead.
Swap Conc effect in when i'm doing bosses.

Swapped out vortex for Tempest shield also.

Also why no mention of Doryani's Catalyst and Atziri's Promise, free life leech from both. Damage is also not that far off from Singularity , if anything the added leech benefit out ways it imo, until you can craft something better.

edit: Temp amulet with some leech, till I get better.

I prefer Sulphur flasks as I could roll other utility like remove curses, freeze, etc. Tried running with Atziri's Promise, found it didn't really add that much for me.

Doryani's is overpriced, my rare scepter cost me around 45c and it gave me way more damage than a Doryani. I would not recommend one.
"
Pearberr wrote:
Why not level Arcane Surge past 7?

Leveling past 7 means you will need to cast Orb of Storm twice.
What pantheon do you guys use?
there might be better options but i feel like using arcane surge lvl 20 in your main setup could be useful too! PoB says it is ~20% more damage in total. not too shabby! i am currently using it to avoid cases where i am mana depleted from hard hitting abyss packs. and my orb of storms setup is already a 4-link...OoS + Power Charge on Crit (far more reliable for PC than storm barrier, by far!) + CoH + Enfeeble in my case (i don't like warlords mark at all...it fails at bosses where i need it the most)

to get some leech i opted for a
shield. static 1% even against bosses from all sources. not perfect but not bad either. the other option could potentially be berek's grip. though i am not sure if it works on bosses...
You'll have to give me a bit of leeway because I'm really new to this game and I'm just starting to get into Lightning Tendrils for my first build.

May I ask why you go for Cast while Damage Taken rather than Cast while Channeling w/ Arc or Glacial?
"
RinneusVult wrote:
You'll have to give me a bit of leeway because I'm really new to this game and I'm just starting to get into Lightning Tendrils for my first build.

May I ask why you go for Cast while Damage Taken rather than Cast while Channeling w/ Arc or Glacial?

That cast when damage taken is a defensive setup. That setup is not for dealing any kind of damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info