[3.1] Ngamahu's Flame - Molten Strike Berserker - Ancestral Call

Aight I'm going to go North after I get RT. And see what happens. So far it's been a fun build.
"
Note: While you only have a 5L I recommend taking out Multistrike and swap it with Ancestral Call for bosses.

I think you have this reversed. AC should be for clearing trash as it needs multiple mobs to be used. and Multistrike for bosses.
"
Stickerr7 wrote:
"
Note: While you only have a 5L I recommend taking out Multistrike and swap it with Ancestral Call for bosses.

I think you have this reversed. AC should be for clearing trash as it needs multiple mobs to be used. and Multistrike for bosses.

I could have worded this better. What I mean was take Multistrike out of the 5L link set up completely, then swap it in and out with AC for single target / clearing.
e77322447a68f9c997c346c2e4539ca7
Gotcha that makes sense.

So I went north, so far I haven't hit any bumps, still killing mobs quick, life dips a bit sometimes, but nothing too crazy. Bosses melt. May try Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness linked.
Greetings,

I'm still learning how to maximize my stats and such. Please take my questions from the poinnt of view of a novice into Min/Maxing.

Question 1: How are you so fast?
I am completely lost with how your movement/attack speed is so high. My skill tree matches yours but you move so fast it's crazy! I can't see it on the gear or potions other than the 1. That's definitely a reason I have trouble keeping up with the speed demon spectral throw builds out there.

Question 2: Resolut Technique vs Elemental Overload
Why do you choose the Resolute Technique over Elemental Overload? With chance to hit easy to keep above 80/90% I would think more damage would make more sense.

Question 3: Molten Strike
I have trouble with survivability when using Molten Strike. The damage is there but I struggle here. I'm sitting at around 5300 hp, max resistances yet struggle a lot.

Thanks for any help (anyone)! And thanks for keeping this build alive for 3.1. I do enjoy being a blender and more of a tank for the glass cannon friends of mine.
"
Codepwned wrote:
Greetings,

I'm still learning how to maximize my stats and such. Please take my questions from the poinnt of view of a novice into Min/Maxing.

I am completely lost with how your movement/attack speed is so high. My skill tree matches yours but you move so fast it's crazy! I can't see it on the gear or potions other than the 1. That's definitely a reason I have trouble keeping up with the speed demon spectral throw builds out there.

Why do you choose the Resolute Technique over Elemental Overload? With chance to hit easy to keep above 80/90% I would think more damage would make more sense.

I have trouble with survivability when using Molten Strike. The damage is there but I struggle here. I'm sitting at around 5300 hp, max resistances yet struggle a lot.

Thanks for any help (anyone)! And thanks for keeping this build alive for 3.1. I do enjoy being a blender and more of a tank for the glass cannon friends of mine.

We can't see your character in your profile. Can you unhide it?
"
Stickerr7 wrote:
"
Codepwned wrote:
Greetings,

It isn't hidden I can access my characters while logged out without a problem.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aarontbarratt/characters
"
aarontbarratt wrote:
"
Stickerr7 wrote:
"
Codepwned wrote:
Greetings,

It isn't hidden I can access my characters while logged out without a problem.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/aarontbarratt/characters

Yah yours is fine aaron, The other guy is asking for help, but I can't see his character
"
Codepwned wrote:
Greetings,

1. Crave the Slaughter + Cloaked in Savagery give you 50% increased attack speed when you take a savage hit. This is the bulk of the builds attack speed for Leap Slam. Faster attacks gem helps too.

2. Elemental Overload requires you to invest in Crit Chance and Accuracy if you want to have a consistent character. Both are a pain in the arse to get on the left side of the tree.

Plus you need to invest 4 points just to pick it up. Those 4 points can easily give you two extra jewel sockets or 500+ life.

Additionally you means you need to get accuracy on gear, which is difficult because we need as much resistance as we can get considering we don't have res on boots, weapon or shield.

Resolute Technique means you always hit which means you're always leeching. It is a 1 point investment because it is on the path we would be taking anyway.

I think if you really wanted to min max Elemental Overload would be better on a perfect character, but most people don't run perfect characters.

3. If you're struggling to survive it probably means you haven't taken the leech on the tree, you haven't taken Cloaked in Savagery or you haven't got your CWDT set up properly.

Try make your characters public so others can take a look and give some advice.
"
Stickerr7 wrote:
Gotcha that makes sense.

So I went north, so far I haven't hit any bumps, still killing mobs quick, life dips a bit sometimes, but nothing too crazy. Bosses melt. May try Blasphemy + Projectile Weakness linked.
Try get pain reaver next. The 1% of damaged leeched really helps keep your HP up.
Last edited by aarontbarratt on Dec 26, 2017, 4:03:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info