PoE is now not good F2P

PoE used to be a beacon of what good free-to-play is supposed to look like. The game isn't free anymore due to the needing of premium tabs like maps, essences, currency, etc. The default 4 tabs isn't enough to hold the items the game offers you anymore as they keep adding more and more collection type items you use to improve your characters. It becomes overwhelming eventually to where you have rows and rows of alteration orbs taking up half a standard stash tab. Don't even bother about collecting items to trade in trade chat because you most likely will not have any room if you try maps as maps can take up a tab or 2.

GGG needs to fix the clutter for free folk as it's going down a dark road where, even at this point, it can be easily argued to play the game unhindered then you need to spend money.

Last bumped on Dec 19, 2017, 3:12:52 AM
You turn the alterations into fusings.
I agree that the default storage is not aging well.

Not sure an Essence Tab is the best example of a mandatory purchase, though. :P
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
So th game is pay to win because all the stuff you collect while playing for free is overwhelming?
Bullshit argument, stash tabs have been in place for a very long time, if it wasn't an issue before it shouldn't be an issue now, and you are basically now whining that GGG are scamming themselves by selling the new tabs at a fraction of the cost of actual stash tabs (like the map tab would be 1950+ points worth) AND they discount stuff....boo fucking hoo.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Vorashe wrote:
So th game is pay to win because all the stuff you collect while playing for free is overwhelming?

I'm not sure Sketchbag11111's point is that the game is P2W.

I think they're criticising the new player experience, which in my view is fair. The game's fond of throwing lots of stuff at you, new players don't necessarily know what's worth keeping or all the vendor recipes, and the default storage is pretty stingy imo.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Last edited by Sarno on Dec 18, 2017, 4:01:16 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Bullshit argument, stash tabs have been in place for a very long time, if it wasn't an issue before it shouldn't be an issue now, and you are basically now whining that GGG are scamming themselves by selling the new tabs at a fraction of the cost of actual stash tabs (like the map tab would be 1950+ points worth) AND they discount stuff....boo fucking hoo.

It was an issue before which is why people bought a lot of tabs initially. The default 4 tabs weren't enough and today are clearly not enough for what the game wants you to collect to craft, trade, or use.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Bullshit argument, stash tabs have been in place for a very long time, if it wasn't an issue before it shouldn't be an issue now

Casually ignores the fact that about 100 maps, 100 currencies of various types, 150+ divination card sets and lots of new base types have been introduced since then along with the fact that the new War for the Atlas mechanics require a larger map pool to defend GGG.

Well done.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
I played lot of games f2p and this is ONLY one lasting so long and don't be p2w game. All f2p what I played turned sooner or later to p2w. Here you cannot buy op gear and stuff and I appreciate it.
It's stretching the boundaries because it's like no game yet built on this price model. You're somewhat right. You want to spend money on the game. Perhaps you can't. Up to you to deal with that.

Free to play doesn't imply that you're not going to want to pay for anything.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info