[3.1] [Raider][ULab][Atz] White Wild Wind

Bonjour and welcome, I'm PathOfPirate.

Stream: https://twitch.tv/pathofpirate

I'm in love with White Wind Imperial Skean from the first time I saw, and this love came from my untouchable/dodge based hero fetish.

I cannot play that much I wanted to but I'm going to update the goals I reach as soon as possible.

DISCLAIMER: It can be a starter build, you can do up to T12 maps with minimal invest (White Wind + Carnage Heart), but as you want to get higher and higher you need to buy some good stuff.

FAQ
Why do I take Raider?
Great damage boost that comes from Avatar of the Veil and Avatar of the Slaughter. Also lots of movement speed (mobility) end extra dodge (defense).
Why do you stack so much speed?
Damage comes from the 3 element secondary of Wild Strike, as much they trigger as possible is the best way to do tons of damage.
Wild strike damage comes from physical conversion, but you don't have that much phys dam.. What's up with that?
True. In an expensive notsobeginner kind of a build, I'm going to use phys damage claw, or you can also use Touch of the Anguish if you want do 3 different damage types. But this build made around the White Wind, so I stacked cold damage. Also there is a thing, even if other damage sources come from Wild Strike (chain lightning, and flame surge kind of attack animation, the cold one looks like freezing pulse) the cold damage of the dagger stacked on them too, none of them is just pure fire, or lightning.
Why do you run Frostbite instead of Ele weakeness?
I do a lot of cold damage, fire and lightning just kind of a filler.
Why did you take crit?
I tried both with crit nodes and without crit nodes (like taking ele% nodes instead of crit on shadow upper side cluset), even with low base crit chance dagger that meant few k damage loss, also you attack extremely fast so even with low crit chance you can crit a lot.

Stats: Attack & Defense

PoB

Damage
Tooltip:

Semi-buffed (herald + golem + totem + diamond flask, hideout): 85,5k at lvl 91, 6L

Buffed (herald + golem + totem + onslaught(rotgut) + diamond + 7 frenzy charge + leech buff) 184,3k

Defense

Life: 4,8k (lvl 91)
Evade: 45% (unbuffed), 63% (flask)
Attack dodge: 66%
Spell dodge: 30% (40% when phasing)
+ fortify
+ blind (totem/charged dash)
+ phasing

Key items

There are 2 key items for this build.

Should I explain? I will. You lost 1 spot with this weapon (or you can use shield, or secondary wep, but with them you lost lots of damage boost and some extra dodge. Skip autoequip in options, so you cannot fill the shield spot with random items.

- EXTRA GORE OFCOFC! Nop, actually you have to invest into life leech and this amulet is just huge. 50% increased llps means a lot, if you don't believe it, just try it. Extra stat, resistance, and extra dmg when you leech is just some secondary buffs. You lost some crit and life, but whatever, it's still worth it. +1 frenzy corruption could be the best, if you can do without those extra attributes.

Climbing on the tree

First of all what bandit you should deal with, you can see in the spoiler area.
Bandit

When you start climbing with ranger, you can pick any skill you want and comfortable for your play style. You can get Wild Strike at Act3, Sever the Right Hand, lvl req: 28 (dex: 42, str: 29), from this point you probably never gonna use other attack skills.
Tree

Climbing itemization: best way to maximize your damage at climbing phase to get as high phys damage weapon as possible. As armors take Tabula Rasa, Goldrim, Heatshiver (actually this helm is just OP for climbing, permanently gives you 20-30% cold AND fire damage, 60% mana regen..).
Climbing items

Ascendancy
1. Way of the Poacher
2. Avatar of the Slaughter
3. Quartz Infusion
4. Avatar of the Weil

The Pantheon
Major god: Soul of Solaris
Minor god: (non-reflect map): Soul of Gruthkul
Minor god: (reflect map): Soul of Yugul

Gems & items
Gem Links

Main attack skill. With lots of frenzy charges and White Wind's cold damage boost, added cold damage and Ice Bite could be the best option for you. You don't need to get 20% from multistrike, cannot profit that much from it.

Enduring cry is just a boost for a longer Immortal Call, just max it, so you can boost yourself up way faster. You cannot profit from the regeneration. Link all together so EC can profit from Inc. duration too.

Main mobility, after that nerf it's a little bit slower than Shield Charge, but it's the only option for you with this setup. Don't level it, so it's little bit easier to sustain. Attack speed + fortify to make it faster and you can get some extra durability too. Quality grants extra attack speed on WB, try to get as much as possible.

Totem grants you extra speed, and deals a little bit of damage too. You can max it. I'm using blind, so it grants me some extra defense. Faster attack to apply faster the blind. Charged dash to jump over obstacles. Link all together so CD can profit from FA too.

Accuracy + some crit. Good to have.

Try to get qulity one for more cold damage.
or

Frostbites cold resistance reduction is just boost you a lot. Elemental weakness is not an option because you are cold damage based. Enfeeble against Elder guardians, Uber Atziri, Uber Izaro, or if you feel you need some extra reduction on bosses. It gives you some extra defense. Otherwise Frostbite.

Itemization
You cannot use offhand otherwise you don't profit from White Wind.
Helm: Wild Strike lab enchant, can be rare, but I'm using Starkonja's Head. It grants life, attack speed, lots of evasion, and some crit multi.

Chest: I bought random evasion 5L chest, and it was like 4c at second day, throw an essence on it (Essene of Greed), It was well enough. Later on I swap to 6 link random chest, same thing, throw an essence on it. But it was little bit more expensive (~40c). Unique options: Belly of The Beast or Carcass Jack. Alternatives: Hyrri's Ire could be a good option, extra dodge, +10k evasion at least, and lots of extra damage. You loose like 150 flat life with this armor. Kintsugi Evasion, defense, secondary defense, life.

Rings: Best thing you can do is take as much flat cold damage as possible, with resist and life, stats if you need it.
Gloves: resist + life > attack speed > cold damage
Boots: Resist + life + movement speed (Enchant: Cold damage or penetration), or +1 Frenzy corruption. If you can min/max your resist, you can use Darkray Vector with +1 Frenzy charge.

Jewels (Abyssal)
Take as much flat cold damage as possible, extra stats could be: life, other ele dmges, crit, evasion, attack speed, attack speed if you crit recently, etc.

Lab Enchants
Helm: Wild Strike 40% damage
Boots: flat cold damage or %penetration
+1 Frenzy corruption with Darkray if you can afford it does the most probably (+2 frenzy at all).

Current Equipment

Goals
1. Lvl 81 - Finish Eternal Labyrinth alone https://pastebin.com/5q9hJAMU
2. T13 dual boss, ele reflect map - https://pastebin.com/exfeB2pz
3. Liches on T12-T14 down
4. Elder & guardians on white maps down
5. Normal Atziri down
6. Elder Guardian on Red T15 map (Insanity)
<coming soon>

Tips & tricks
Culling bosses

Normally, your offhand is empty, so 100% cold damage and dodge can apply from White Wind. On the other hand against some bosses, Culling Strike could be a great thing, so I bought random culling corrupted wep to do, does not matter what bases is actually, you need it for one proper hit. Pick it up into your offhend when enemy's life reaach 10% or under. Most of the time you can kill bosses easily, I pick this option against huge life bosses. It's like +1 sec to pick it up when you fight.

Reflect
Against solo reflect mobs you only need to keep moving. On reflect maps you need some extra defense. From tree you can get extra reflected damage reduction but it's just not enough. Take Soul of Yogul (you don't even need to level it), if you feel it's not enough (kinda..) you can swap one of your ring to Sybil's Lament, ATTENTION: stats can be a problem!

ULab
It was way smoother than I expected. I'm going to do endgame lab grind with this build. It has the defense to take it easy. I thing you must do before you start. Swap Frostbite into Enfeeble aura.

Atziri
I only did normal Atziri right now, I'm gonna try UAtziri l8er. Only thing you need to know is how to do Phase 3, it's easy, but here is a picture:

Damage from chain lightning (arc) cannot kill you, but cold par can.

Elder & guardians
Elder's guardians: You should get some resist flask to deal with them. When I first tryed, it was a problem to sustain my 'survivability'. There were some phases when lots of ele projectiles, spells, etc. are coming over you, and you cannot keep dodging it, because it's almost permanent. I made some resist flask, to deal with, and it was quiet easy from that point. Even one flask was enough. I swapped out Jade Flask.

Updates
2017.12.13. Guide uploaded
2017.12.18. First Update, itemization, pictures
2017.12.19. Tips & tricks, Gem setup explanation, Climbing itemization
<updates are coming>
Last edited by KisBali on Dec 30, 2017, 2:07:20 PM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2018, 4:49:20 AM
Reserved
I was hoping someone would come up with a white wind build soon. But i did not think it would be with my favorite skill! Do you think this is/will be shaper/uber atziri viable?

Will probably be rolling a char with this soon, thanks!
Last edited by Raikke on Dec 13, 2017, 6:47:23 PM
Looking good, will base my next build on this.
It's been days... I guess OP forgot about his thread?
I like that you tried to come up with something to play with that weapon, but idk how really viable your build is. I've theorycrafted for hours and all I could come up with is a subpar flicker strike build (about 500k damage, 5k hp, max dodge, 40% spell dodge, 82% evasion with blind from amulet etc) but it just seemed like a shit ton of currency for not much gain.

Anyhow, you should really grab Point Blank - it's amazing for the cold portion of wildstrike.
I have been working and studying in last few days, so I could'n update the guide until now. It's in progress, also I'm going to answer the posts. :)
"
Raikke wrote:
I was hoping someone would come up with a white wind build soon. But i did not think it would be with my favorite skill! Do you think this is/will be shaper/uber atziri viable?

Will probably be rolling a char with this soon, thanks!

Will update if I reach them.

Actually Atziri's mirror could be a little bit tricky, cuz of the chain & projectiles of cold part of Wild Strike, but positioning can solve the problem. Will check.

"
Raikke wrote:
It's been days... I guess OP forgot about his thread?

Nop. Explained 1 post before. :)

"
Mashashige wrote:
I like that you tried to come up with something to play with that weapon, but idk how really viable your build is. I've theorycrafted for hours and all I could come up with is a subpar flicker strike build (about 500k damage, 5k hp, max dodge, 40% spell dodge, 82% evasion with blind from amulet etc) but it just seemed like a shit ton of currency for not much gain.

Anyhow, you should really grab Point Blank - it's amazing for the cold portion of wildstrike.

Yep, I took point blank, and as you can said, it's Op.

Wild strike is great, also the cold damages from dagger, and from every other items stacked on both chain lightning and flame surge part of the skill. I don't try to calculate the accurate damage of WS, chain lightning (7 chain), Freezing pulse (3 projectile) and flame surge (with greate aoe). Huge attack speed, what could I say? lots of procs.

Updated the first post already, except the freshy-freshy PoB link, I'm gonna do in a minutes.
Last edited by KisBali on Dec 18, 2017, 11:25:32 AM
Normal Atziri is down, it was way too easy at this point, so I think I could also do it when I did ULab.
asd. missclicked
Last edited by KisBali on Dec 18, 2017, 12:05:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info