arctic armour + eye of innocence interaction bug

having arctic armour active while wearing eye of innocence then igniting something causes AA to chill yourself as if you are an enemy dealing yourself damage.

/rant begins/ this is really annoying cuz it's a 30% slow and in my oro's flicker build i am igniting people 93% of hits and i attack like 12 times a second, meaning i am permanently slowed without an antichill flask up. pretty sure it's gotten me killed a few times by this point but it's hard to tell. ironically, i kinda need arctic armour so i don't die. so either i take the chill or take the more phys/fire damage. /rant ends/
oh hey forum sig, been forever since i screwed with one of these...
Last bumped on May 10, 2018, 7:52:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump

also a note that hrimnor's resolve doesn't provide frost+chill immunity when you trigger (ie, cast when damage taken) a fire spell. apparently this is not the case for some other things? though i haven't been able to confirm that myself.
oh hey forum sig, been forever since i screwed with one of these...
Last edited by Retrikaethan on Dec 14, 2017, 11:22:28 AM
Found this thread after experiencing the same bug.

AA + Eye of Innocence reflects chill to self when igniting an enemy.

Tested AA in all gear slots and with some triggers. Always applies chill to player on ignite.

Annoying as hell.

Please advise GGG.
Yum Gibbs!
Last edited by TheWoodsy on Dec 23, 2017, 10:33:01 AM
Bumping because not acknowledged or in known issues thread.
Yum Gibbs!
same here- fix it plz *pumb*
Yep, got the same issue myself just now.
Bumping because not acknowledged or in known issues thread.
Yum Gibbs!
"
Retrikaethan wrote:
also a note that hrimnor's resolve doesn't provide frost+chill immunity when you trigger (ie, cast when damage taken) a fire spell. apparently this is not the case for some other things? though i haven't been able to confirm that myself.

In general, triggering a spell does not count as "using" it, and especially casting it, for the purposes of triggering other effects. You gotta push the button yourself for it to count.
The piece of wording that convinces me that this is a bug is that Arctic Armor (twice) says that it chills enemies who hit you, in the same way that Flameblast damages enemies in an area.
"
The piece of wording that convinces me that this is a bug is that Arctic Armor (twice) says that it chills enemies who hit you, in the same way that Flameblast damages enemies in an area.

Well that, and the fact that it never chilled players til this most recent expansion. :\
Yum Gibbs!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info