[3.1] Crit Volatile Dead Inquisitor - Cheap, 8k eHP+ Allrounder

"
monik390 wrote:
Well...Sorry to say it, but sounds like you didn't play this build enough.

Con 1 - No curses.

"
Desecrate's cooldown can limit sustained damage output in long boss fights

Con 2 - Clunky corpses generation. Mind to add unearth spell totem with faster casting and gmp. You really want both unearth and desecrate. More corpses - more dps.

"
Life sustain is entirely pot-dependent until you can afford a Catalyst or leech enchanted boots.

1 - Warlords mark + blasphemy.
2 - Go for sanctify and pious path instead instruments of virtue and augury of penitence. It helps a lot.

Tip - use 3l cremation with controlled destruction and elemental focus for more damage on bosses and rares. Also, it's good option to keep spell totem alive.

Feel free to check my profile for another tips to improve your build. It's very comfortable and pretty safe to play.

Agree with most everything here. Personally I’ve been using warlords/blasphemy since day 1 because I knew I was building tanky and would be jumping into packs.

Interesting thing with volatile dead: It’s DPS is separated into 2 parts.
1. First the corpse explosion- dps correlates to the level of the corpse
2. Fireballs-NOT correlated to corpse level.

So if you build into spell/fire/ele damage like anybody would with this skill- your level of corpse is irrelevant for the fireball. So I setup a low level CoDt - Desecrate- Spell Cascade for additional free corpse generation while I self cast Unearth- GMP. EZ PZ. I have to assume others are doing the same. I can’t say for sure.
Monik390,

Can you please share your build here?
Last edited by AttiHUN on Dec 18, 2017, 6:36:42 PM
AttiHUN, Sure!

You should be able to check my character at:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/monik390/characters

There are passive tree and gear.

I got Fire Walker and Frost Walker just to cover my resists for maps with Elemental Weakness curse. It's not necessary, just drop them and go for Thoatseeker. At lvl 91 build would be complete.

I did some decent changes with it past 2 days (tested lightpoacher, got warlord's mark on hit ring and more), but there are a lot of things to do, so I can tell my build is incomplete.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My current to-do list:

- To get spell crit/damage shield and dagger to offset* instead of brightbreak and that lioneye's remorse. I used this setup for instant 600 life and some armor boost, and for fast movement before I got lightpoacher, now things changed. Shield charge + spirit burst from lightpoacher should increase clearspeed to insane hell like vaal spark at 2.x.x.

*I'm running dual wands as main weapon set because it's a powerhouse for VD balls and cremation projectiles.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here another tip - you really want Lightpoacher with 20% chance to get spirit charge, it scales with spell damage AND gems in the helmet. That's why I put in it unearth totem with GMP.

It can clear entire screen (or even MORE) in a second =) I'm thinking about putting in Increased Crit chance/damage gems or smth like chain. But I have to drop onslaught/vaal haste/herald of ice for that, I don't like this idea.

The only con of this helmet - physical damage, so reflect maps are deadly. I equip rare life/res helmet instead of it at those maps.
- To get top rolled Doriani's Catalyst or rare scepter with fire/elemental damage. I need to check differences between spell damage VD and elemental damage not only on paper.

As for Biscuit57 post, p.1 - seems like elemental damage (fire) scales with the explosion, that's why ppl get fire/elemental damage in scepters and passive tree.
Because of that, DC/rare scepter seem like more reliable choice for facetank bosses and it definitely better for no-crit version.
I'm still in testing. And my current build is more for clearspeed with some safe runs for heaviest mods. If you are looking for the decent and reliable tanky no-crit build to do "all the content", please check this:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/SantaCIaus/characters

Character - Abyss_More_Meta_build

It seems really good for me.
Also, I got some questions and feedback IG about my comments. Some ppl want me to write another guide to VD because my current item build is different from mainstream.
I'm doing corrupted rare red maps for atlas atm. Didn't try harder content like guardians, shaper or uber atziri. So I cannot be sure ppl will be satisfied with it.

Last edited by monik390 on Dec 19, 2017, 3:36:07 AM
"
monik390 wrote:

As for Biscuit57 post, p.1 - seems like elemental damage (fire) scales with the explosion, that's why ppl get fire/elemental damage in scepters and passive tree.
Because of that, DC/rare scepter seem like more reliable choice for facetank bosses and it definitely better for no-crit version.

Ha, now don't laugh...

I'm using Singularity atm. :)

Honestly, I don't lose much dps with the 80% increased damage vs hindered enemies, and the hinder is nice when I'm face tanking packs. The downside is of course you can't face tank red map bosses so I'll lose some dps when kiting (Singularity aura is small). I'll experiment with other weapons. I also like having a sceptre to enable LeapSlam + Fortify. I'm sitting around 11k armor (with a spirit shield no less) and well over 5k health, but at lvl 88 I'm beginning to feel big hits from bosses.

Losing fortify won't be a deal breaker so if I'm forced back to a wand so be it.

Have you guys tried Wise Oak (with fire resist as top overcap) for boss burning? If I'm able to sustain mana late game without a mana flask I think I'll try that next.
Ok, well. Update here. Final one.

Finished alsmost all maps for the atlas. Corrupted reds, corrupted guardians and so on. Some unique maps, and shaper left. Also finished grandmasters hall first time ever. That was easy (bought lvl19 scorching ray tho).
Tried to do shaper, but I completely suck at his mechanics. Damage is enough to do him. I'd say, damage is better than from some ppl at neighboring themes except bf/sr.

About guardians... Was lucky with corrupted rolls at Hydra, so I just facetanked her(him?). Easiest Phoenix and Chimera I'd ever done. As for Minotaur - that was just lolfight. Ran around the center of arena and casted VD w/o facing him.

Done with testing weapons.

Tl;dr: if you are running crit VD - don't even bother with scepters.

Spell damage/crit dual wands are bis.

Spell damage/crit dagger and shield - second best. Just bring them to offset for shield charge.

Did some changes to skill set:

1)

Still running with GGR.
For regular maps, I switch unearth spell totem for ice bite and added fire damage to increase damage from lightpoacher's spirit burst for the sake of clearspeed. And put in unearth totem at some bosses, where I need more corpses.

2)

It is GGB now, I changed it from GGG for guardians. Here I dropped vaal haste for flame dash - there were some situations when I couldn't afford to switch weapon set for shield charge. Well, I was really sleepy when I made such a decision, so I can bring back vaal haste in future.

About enchants. I'm running with +1 cremation atm, but I'll switch it later.

VD +1 still better than nothing, but I'm thinking about 30% reduced desecrate cd.

My passive tree was finished at lvl91. As long as I'm not min/maxing freak, I think my build is done.

It is an all-rounder which is good at everything. It's good league starter. It's good for uber lab. It has high clearspeed at t14+ and very high for lower tiers. Any open map can be cleared within a couple of minutes =) Just shield charge around, and things will die. I got an idea to put vaal spark in 6link xD

Feel free to look for a passive tree and item set here:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/monik390/characters

Bandits: help Alira.

As for now, I'm thinking about atlas finishing. It's 149/157, almost done. I think I'll try shaper for couple of times more, and I'll try uber atziri at least once.

After that, I'm done with this character. Got some idea for another build.

Also, feel free to message me if you want me to write a separate guide for this.
Last edited by monik390 on Dec 23, 2017, 12:44:19 PM
Halfway to 92. I def went 'warlord's mark on hit' ring. Made a helluva lot of difference. Like I said earlier, I went down the tanky/non-crit path. Still hitting like a ton of bricks. It stems from the synergy between this:

...and 3-linking this:
[Herald of Thunder - Anger - Empower]

Sprinkling in some added lightning damage and "% chance to hinder on hit" abyss jewels for fighting bosses at a distance but still get the benefit of the '80% increased damage' boost from Singularity. (I did a dps test in Path of Builder: as long as enemies are hindered, the dps of Singularity compares with a Doryani's Catalyst or a well rolled rare in an all ele, non-crit build.) In essence, you get the benefits of +2 levels from the shield PLUS 3 levels from the lvl 2 Empower (that's actually NOW a lvl 4 Empower thanks to the shield). In the end, it's Anger and Herald of Thunder + 5 levels. Between Singularity, +5 HoT, and some added lighting dmg on jewels...it's enough to keep Innervate up full time.

Links are similar to Monik...but different. I hit 1, 2, 3 in that order and usually procs Innervate immediately and stays up as you continue to use Cremation.
Setup 1: 4L Desecrate-Cascade-Arcane Surge-Increased Duration (for the Arcane Surge)

Setup 2. 4L Cremation-Cascade-Innervate-Fire Pen

Setup 3. 6L Volatile Dead-Cascade-Ele Focus-Controlled Dest-Fire Pen-Iron Will

Managed to get one of these to drop:

I feel I have enough cast speed to squeeze out Desecrate casts in tight boss fights...enough so that I don't need Spell Totem. Cremation is interesting in that it helps sustain dps, thus life leech from Warlord's Mark while between casts of Desecrate/Volatile Dead combo.
Anyway, just trying to get to Shaper atm but I'm too damn cheap to buy the 4 guardian maps ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info