Ninja nerf

Just started my 3rd toon in Abyss League.

For the 1st 2 toons, EVERY single abyss dropped a Stygian Belt and a couple of Abyss jewels.

On this one, I have made it to the Ledge/Climb, without a SINGLE drop.

Why? Why do some people always want things made as hard as possible, as unFUN as possible. Why do some people always complain that drops are too good, that items are "OP, GGG"?

And, far more importantly, why does GGG listen to them?
I am quite frequently not so miserable as it would be wise to be - T.H. White

As playtime approaches infinity, access to content approaches unity.
- Azraeil (2014)
Last bumped on Dec 12, 2017, 3:33:00 PM
Hi you're wrong.

And I play more than you.

BOOM
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Hi you're wrong.

And I play more than you.

BOOM

I can confirm.
We complain when a significant portion of the existing game is made obsolete by a new introduction. These belts remove the value from a whole class of items. Nerfing the drop rate... if they indeed did... wouldn't change that.

They do adjust drop rates without telling us. What will happen though is that people who wish to confirm your suspicions will post here in this thread making it look like there's "evidence" of a change. You need better measures than this to convince anyone of a change.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Dec 12, 2017, 7:56:13 AM
Stygian belts were very common.
However, I usually found the first Vises around Prison, not before.
And they still drop quite frequently - so this nerf was at most a nerflet.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Conversely, my completely anecdotal subjective experience has told me that at the start of the league and at present, that I still get at least a fair few Abysses that don't give me anything more then a blue jewel at best. I don't think I ever got close to 100% even when they started showing up (earliest was probably Submerged Passage).

Though to be honest I wouldn't mind a tad bit of a nerf - the rate was too high as it was before, even with 90% of the Vises being rubbish. I suppose, however... The Truth Is Out There.
Is anyone really going to pretend that drops before level 20 make even a tiny difference?
"
Is anyone really going to pretend that drops before level 20 make even a tiny difference?

I'm sort of not. I mean... Holistically. Even at launch, I'd say maybe 60% of my Abysses in A2-3 have had maybe 2 blue Abyss jewels and that's it. As of Sunday this trend continued unabated.

Haven't had a lot of play time at the start of this league, but that's holidays for you. Pushing through A4, I still had a roughly similar rate. I don't expect this trend to fall off, however I'm also aware that as a human wormbaby I am generally bad at both remembering things and approximating things.

That's why anecdotal evidence is such a crapshoot, and specifically why I mentioned that's exactly what I had to work with. When that's all you have to work with (without datamining or dev confirmation, even a survey would just be the collected anecdotal evidence of a large number of people that would be accurate in giving a FEELS LIKE but not a scientific IS ACTUALLY in any real sense of the word due to how surveys work), though...

Then again, who needs FACTS or SCIENCE when we could get a real conspiracy train going. Come on! Don't you feel that things are a bit... SUSPIiiiiiCIOUS?
Your described experience with your 3rd character was my experience with my only character, which started within minutes of the league starting. I don't think it felt automatic until end of Act 1 or beginning of Act 2.

It sounds like you were pretty lucky with the start of this league.

Word of advice; accusing of a "Ninja Nerf" with so little data really puts your theory on very weak ground.
Last edited by Nubatron on Dec 12, 2017, 9:53:38 AM
"
cimmerian32 wrote:
Just started my 3rd toon in Abyss League.

For the 1st 2 toons, EVERY single abyss dropped a Stygian Belt and a couple of Abyss jewels.

On this one, I have made it to the Ledge/Climb, without a SINGLE drop.

Why? Why do some people always want things made as hard as possible, as unFUN as possible. Why do some people always complain that drops are too good, that items are "OP, GGG"?

And, far more importantly, why does GGG listen to them?

+1

...and dont know answer. But imo people who ask for nerf need to be something special than other.. what never happens anyway..
Last edited by Rexeos on Dec 12, 2017, 9:51:42 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info