Merciless Lab literally impossible.

"
GothicBlood wrote:
I'm so done w/ bosses in this game 1 shotting my characters, no matter what. Izaro is an even more insidous culprit of this. I took advantage of my free respect, redid my char, and tried Merciless. Meeting Izaro, game lags, get one shot. Bust through Lab again, run around, get hit by one element of his volley, done, gone. This is total BS. This not "a difficult gameplay element." This is lazy game making. When one boss hits you for well over 3k HP in a single fight, that's BS. I can't beat this. Since my minions REFUSE to engage an enemy unless I sit absolutely still. (Don't believe me? Go roll up a Necro and see for yourself.) If I want to attempt to hurt Izaro, I'll need to stop to cast-NO WAIT YOU'RE DEAD, START OVER.

casul
No rest for the wicked
"
GothicBlood wrote:
Bosses should be balanced more towards wehether or not they will 1 shot obliterate casters, etc.
GGG's reaction to this:
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
"
GothicBlood wrote:
I've invested nearly half of my 90+ talent skill points as my Necro, into passive energy shields, energy shield + life nodes, etc etc. Not counting however many I've had to dump into going all over the board just to get all of my minion nodes. I simply can't afford to build pure tank if I want to have strong minions.

Hint: don't invest in ES. Unless you have a lot of very good gear, you can't stack enough of it, and you can't really regenerate it when in combat. Life is much easier to stack. My level 83 necro has 4766 hp now. Not that it helps much, though... A lot of things just deal too much damage. And a lot of dangers are just impossible to dodge, kite, etc reliably. It is especially bad for the summoner since you often just can't get what is happening is a mess of darkness, flashes, and chaotic movements around. Especially with all that newly introduced teleporting and invisible monsters who are tending to chase player directly ignoring minions. General tip: move. All the times. Sure, you'll deal MUCH less damage, since your minions would shirk a lot, but since now you have to stay alive to deal damage at all... Cast something on target, dash, repeat. Try to get some abyssal jewels with taunt on hit too.
Organic chemistry is a weird thing. If you add a spoon of shit to a barrel of jam you'll get a barrel of shit.
"
GothicBlood wrote:
I'm so done w/ bosses in this game 1 shotting my characters, no matter what. Izaro is an even more insidous culprit of this. I took advantage of my free respect, redid my char, and tried Merciless. Meeting Izaro, game lags, get one shot. Bust through Lab again, run around, get hit by one element of his volley, done, gone. This is total BS. This not "a difficult gameplay element." This is lazy game making. When one boss hits you for well over 3k HP in a single fight, that's BS. I can't beat this. Since my minions REFUSE to engage an enemy unless I sit absolutely still. (Don't believe me? Go roll up a Necro and see for yourself.) If I want to attempt to hurt Izaro, I'll need to stop to cast-NO WAIT YOU'RE DEAD, START OVER.

Did that and killed merci Izaro in no time right before the Malachai fight in act4 on my league starter with absolute trash gear.

Ofc I did deactivate his buffs and I did cheeze him with a decoy totem - which a lot of Necros do use and love. Its not hard to do, if you know and avoid the mechanics involved.
ES is currently a trap until you're past level 75 and have acquired pretty decent gear. Even before 3.0, the general rule was don't go ES until you can get 7,000 or more after the tree respec.

Have you considered using Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call? You don't need endurance charges to get its baseline effect, and some things that look like 1-shots tend to be several smaller hits in a small timeframe.

Make sure you've got maxed resists. Get a basalt or granite flask to help against physical damage. A stibnite flask can also help out since it'll halve your chance to be hit if it blinds the enemy. Are you getting Fortify? Link the Fortify gem to Sunder or Frost Blades so you can stay at range but still trigger it. Get better life on gear and on the tree. If it's truly Izaro killing you then try chilling him to give yourself more time. Temporal Chains and/or Enfeeble will help a bit too despite being less effective against Izaro. Since you're a Necro, your first ascendancy points should have gone to Mistress of Sacrifice so you can go on the offensive with Flesh Offering or the defensive with Bone Offering. Bone Offering will definitely be useful here though it requires some maintenance. Do you have a CWDT setup with Desecrate or Unearth so you have usable corpses?
Last edited by Jackalope_Gaming on Dec 12, 2017, 5:23:41 PM
If merc lab is literally impossible then how do so many people do it?

I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
If merc lab is literally impossible then how do so many people do it?

just did uber lab with 2900 hp toon, tabula, spectral throw, just shield charged through. Lab is nowhere that hard it used to be.
No rest for the wicked

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info