Merciless Lab literally impossible.

I'm so done w/ bosses in this game 1 shotting my characters, no matter what. Izaro is an even more insidous culprit of this. I took advantage of my free respect, redid my char, and tried Merciless. Meeting Izaro, game lags, get one shot. Bust through Lab again, run around, get hit by one element of his volley, done, gone. This is total BS. This not "a difficult gameplay element." This is lazy game making. When one boss hits you for well over 3k HP in a single fight, that's BS. I can't beat this. Since my minions REFUSE to engage an enemy unless I sit absolutely still. (Don't believe me? Go roll up a Necro and see for yourself.) If I want to attempt to hurt Izaro, I'll need to stop to cast-NO WAIT YOU'RE DEAD, START OVER.
Last bumped on Dec 13, 2017, 8:13:10 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Justice !
You're not getting hit for 3k for a single attack in merciless lab with an unbuffed Izaro. I'm pretty sure none of his attacks do this much.
You know instead of coming to the forums all salty and pissed you could probably accomplish your goal alot easier if you simply ask for some help and do some things like post your gear, tree, what kinda build your running to give us a better idea why you are struggling.. I mean honestly you have to be doing something VERY wrong to be struggling this bad in mecri lab. All 3 labs besides Uber have been nerfed so hard you dont even have to try anymore if you could do lab before and know the mechanics and how everything works.

Hell just simply unlocking your characters and tell us the name of the character this is an issue with is plenty for us to work with you dont even have to post build, tree, gear or any of that. and btw.. im running a Necro in league.. i have garbage gear and shit all over all the labs except Uber which by the time i get my trials im sure it wont be an issue either.. nor was it last league with pretty much the same build so if this is a minion build you are DEFINITELY doing something wrong. One shot? You shouldnt even be getting hit really. Unless your SRS and even then you should have some meat shields helping out with that as well.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 9, 2017, 6:59:39 PM
decoy totem and temporal chains say hi :)
d:-D*
Part of it is that the fight requires a REALLY good reaction time and it's theoretically possible to dodge almost everything he does, but in my opinion it's not even debatable he's too much for the supposed area level - 68 rotflmao, from my experience lvl75 is the earliest when it even makes sense to try, and I can dodge 95% of his skills (but then that 5% is enough to get you killed in this fight).

Although I am a little surprised you say he deals over 3k damage - I think you need to facetank one of the slower skills up front for that to happen, as my characters below lvl80 are around 3k HP each, and I could survive most things (though it's often a close call, admittedly).

So, yeah:
- outlevel the shit out of him, at least lvl75
- the usual - get as much HP as you can, max resists, one of the evasion/phys dmg reduction flasks might help?
- a fast-reacting movement skill helps a lot
- DECOY TOTEM
- CULLING STRIKE
- if makes any sense on your build, Immortal Call is pretty good too

I hope this helps. Expect a flood of "git gud" metasheep pouring into this thread eventually anyway.

Making this fight a bit more about sustained damage and less about oneshots would be very welcome.
"
TheLiberation wrote:
in my opinion it's not even debatable he's too much for the supposed area level - 68 rotflmao, from my experience lvl75 is the earliest when it even makes sense to try

Izaro's very fair since the 3.0 rebalancing. I always do normal through merciless labs at +/- two levels or so of the zone on every character now. As long as you're getting an appropriate amount of life while leveling (~300 per act) and don't let him go through phases with buffs you can't handle, you should be fine. I even let him keep most buffs for the extra keys.

In Abyss I had awful gear including a super poopy level 44 recipe weapon when I killed Merciless Izaro. The only sketchy part was due to a buff I let him keep. Elemental damage from the portal skeleton mages was rough since my resists were garbage. Izaro himself was trivially easy.

Izaro Slayer
Thanks for the couple of you who wanted to be helpful. To the others saying it's "so easy" you really need to damn read what I posted first. The game is LAGGY for me. I have to shift my graphics down to the absolute lowest possible to not have a full 1-2 seconds of lag during any boss fights. Such as when I first fought him, and as I said, the game lagged, and I was 1 shot. It is by his big volley thing, the green AoE attack.

The character I am using is the one in my avatar currently, Lupulis, lvl 72. If you can't check out my gear from my profile page I can post it here. As I said I respec'd my character, and am using an almost 100% minion build. Upon posting this yesterday I just now was able to go and get to the 3rd fight, however was hit by a single row of darts from the trap, and was instantly drained of 100% of my HP and died. I know this was chaos damage, which is my Achilles' heel, however I have no way to mitigate this right now. This is why I used Chaos innoculation before, because poison always, always could kill my character. (Well that and that damned weird bleed effect in the Nightmare mountain.) I've just now spent a bunch of stuff on trying to re-arrange my gear, and am going to try it again...

Nope one shot again. I give up.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198024452362/home/
...and again. Whoever was suggesting Decoy totem, it's a good idea, however it doesn't work with minions. He still ignores it, and nukes me. Though re-specc'ing a bit more, and taking MoM, he now only 2 shots me. :/
I still cant see your character.. you have to go to your privacy setting and allow character list to be public. Decoy totem does work it will take his aggro off you but its not gonna be a fail safe end all be all either. You will still need to avoid his projectiles and watch for his windup attacks which can hit very hard if you dont avoid those but again they have windups and each one has a different windup animation to tell you want he is about to do.

You also would do well to visit http://www.poelab.com This site will not only help you understand the different mechanics in each phase which can buff him ALOT in the final fight but also understand what mechanics he has for each do in each phase. It also explains his different weapons he can use each day which can make him easier or harder. Even seasoned players who do lab with zero issues use this and it does help ALOT. If you are getting one shot in the last fight then i would suggest disabling his mechanics in each phase and dont go for extra keys. If all you want is the points just do him with as little buffs as possible to make him as easy in the last fight as he is in the first.
There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on Dec 10, 2017, 3:11:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info