Sound bugs: Not hearing loot filter and other things

I frequently had my flask usage sound not go off, maybe that's related. It's better now, I don't know if that might be server load.
Happens to me too.
Ranger - Tornado Shot
Realtek High Def sound card
My main skill sounds get muted in big fights, especially on the first volley.
It also happens with loot.
I had it happen when I was in act10 pre-endgame fight, whilst using a skill book reward. no sound when I dinged up.

Please for the love of god fix this immediately.
GGG please! It isn't even in the known bug list!
Life will be technically better Soon TM
Happening to me as well (Zombie/Spectre Summoner currently). Happened with Icestorm totems as well.
Also experiencing this issue since 3.1 launch.

Playing Lightning Tendrils CwC Shock Nova, sounds cutting out generally occurs as I start casting (as the Tendrils and Nova appear). Sometimes it also happens while just moving around when there are a lot of mobs around. Really scary when the loot filter sounds are silenced.

Issue occurs both with speakers and headphones, sound card is just a standard Intel on-board card.
Last edited by Viral91 on Dec 12, 2017, 9:05:25 PM
Same here. Tested out everything I could - even reinstall.
I can play other games, listen music or watch youtube with no problems at all, but in game it's just something messed up.

People on Reddit also sharing this problem:

here)
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7jdc3y/weird_sound_issues_after_31/

and here)
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7j9am3/not_hearing_loot_filter_a_fix_is_planned/
I like to summon things ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
IGN: @Dosarphic
Last edited by Dosarphic on Dec 12, 2017, 10:34:24 PM
Sounds like a soundchannel issue to me. If unlimited sound channels is an issue, then I'll be fine with atleast having the sounds prioritised so I'm not missing out.

Loot filter > Dangerous stuff(volatile etc.) > everything else, would do just fine.
Me and my party members have the same issues, at some points you really only hear certain sounds of monsters and barely anything else.

Loot filter sounds and other important things not being audible is a major issue. How is this not on the known bug list?
I have the same issue :/ Actually pretty stressful when playing Spectres due to them hitting stuff off-screen!
There is an issue with the spell echo support gem so i disabled it in my spectre build. I have not encountered this sound bug since then so it might be related, please try for yourself.

Edit: unfortunately during a mausoleum map the sound bug came back. I still have the feeling it occurs less than before though.
Last edited by tommyrot on Dec 13, 2017, 3:05:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info