Curse on Hit Bugged on Poet's Pen

The "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Attack" line only applies to spells that are socketed in The Poet's Pen. It does not trigger spells that are socketed in your body armour for example.

A skill cannot be supported by multiple triggers at once. This is why a setup of Frenzy + Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains socketed in The Poet's Pen would not work.

Are there any other cases that I haven't covered? I believe this is working as intended.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
The "Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Attack" line only applies to spells that are socketed in The Poet's Pen. It does not trigger spells that are socketed in your body armour for example.

A skill cannot be supported by multiple triggers at once. This is why a setup of Frenzy + Curse on Hit + Temporal Chains socketed in The Poet's Pen would not work.

Are there any other cases that I haven't covered? I believe this is working as intended.

The issue is that it IS affecting spells (curses) socketed in body armour, by entirely disabling them when linked to Curse on Hit and an attack. It should not affect these at all.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:

This isn't what we're doing, at least I'm not. I have the CoH setup in my body armour and it doesn't work. None of the curses or CoH are in either Poet's Pen.

Edit: Culling Strike linking to Frenzy does not work either. I found a beefy rare, put level 1 spells does their damage was minimal and slowly killed the mob. Cull definitely did not happen.
Last edited by xAjido on Dec 11, 2017, 12:49:01 AM
I'm going to get some fresh copies of your guys' characters to try this out on. I haven't been able to reproduce the behaviour you guys are explaining so far.

Sorry for the initial explanation. At first, I thought that perhaps people were just confused about how the wand is meant to work. Seems like there may be something wrong here after all - I'm just not sure why I can't reproduce it yet.
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
I'm going to get some fresh copies of your guys' characters to try this out on. I haven't been able to reproduce the behaviour you guys are explaining so far.

Sorry for the initial explanation. At first, I thought that perhaps people were just confused about how the wand is meant to work. Seems like there may be something wrong here after all - I'm just not sure why I can't reproduce it yet.

I had another bug relating to Poet's Pen that may or may not be relevant to what's going on with the Curse on Hit issue. I'm using Magma Orb in Poet Pen #1, and Frostbolt in #2. They appear on my hotbar of skills, if I try to replace it with something else, it either reverts the change or moves to another spot on the hotbar. If this is in no way related to the Curse on Hit bug then please disregard, but I thought I should mention if it helps in any way.

I uploaded a video just now to show off that hotbar bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fDObdE56J4

Here is a video of a Frenzy - Curse on Hit - Enfeeble setup in my boots not proccing the Curse:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LN389ute1c

I've tried different curses, different skills (Power Siphon), I tried it in my boots and my chest. It would not apply the curse anywhere. And Culling Strike support linked to Frenzy doesn't work either, Blind did work for what it's worth. Also, Frenzy - Cast on Crit - Curse didn't work either, I gave that a shot.
Last edited by xAjido on Dec 11, 2017, 1:24:16 AM
Thanks for those videos, they're quite helpful. We'll figure out what is going on here. Something's not right...
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
Thanks for those videos, they're quite helpful. We'll figure out what is going on here. Something's not right...

Thanks very much for checking this out, my build looks forward to the patch note that fixes this!
I have Power Siphon - GMP - Curse on Hit - Warlord's Mark in my gloves. If I attack with no spells socketed in the poet's pens, the mobs are properly cursed. Once I socket a spell in one of the poet's pen, the mobs don't get cursed by the Power Siphon.
Not only curse on hit isnt working with this setup.
Barrage with life gain on hit does also not work.
But if i remove the socketed spell gems from the poems its working...
I think there is a problem with all support gems not working while spells are triggered by the wands.
"
c0815h wrote:
Not only curse on hit isnt working with this setup.
Barrage with life gain on hit does also not work.
But if i remove the socketed spell gems from the poems its working...
I think there is a problem with all support gems not working while spells are triggered by the wands.

LGoH, Curse on Hit, Cast on Crit and Culling Strike all do not work. The only support that works for me is Blind.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info