[3.1] Volatile Dead Assassin [Budget League Starter][SSF Viable]

"
sainthazard wrote:
"
Chirijaden_ wrote:
Hey everyone, hope everyone is as hyped as I am for the release tomorrow.

Here is the build I am looking at as an assassin...

https://pastebin.com/e5w87Xdh

I am having real issues deciding between an assassin and an inquisitor. I plan on going self cast VD + Cascade + Concentrated Effect + Controlled Destruction + X + X. Not sure if I should be looking at power charge on crit, fire pen, or what for the X's. I might use orb of storms, increased aoe, increased crit chance, power charge on crit instead of power charge on crit for VD. It definitely seems like a waste to use power charge on crit in my main 6 link.

I will also be either self casting Desecrate + Cascade + Faster Casting + X, or replacing that X with a spell totem. I would like to keep a totem spot open for spell totem + scorching ray + faster casting for bosses though.

Anyone have any thoughts on the skill tree/build in particular?

You found a crit wheel I totally overlooked over on the right, I need to rework my tree now to make sure I incorporate it!

I like the tree, but I worry that you'll have issues with survivability. I specifically added a good number of life nodes for that reason, but otherwise it looks pretty solid.

I think Fire Pen is a must for the links. I think it's even more of a must than Concentrated Effect, if I'm honest. I think when you're dealing 100% fire damage it's a greater net damage gain than Conc. Effect.

I have no idea why you wouldn't go inquisitor in a 100% elemental damage crit build. Against anything without elemental resist, you have more than enough damage. Against anything else, inquisitor > x.
This is my shot at a tree as Inquisitor
Few optimisations also included
Saved a few points(e.g. the celestial node is not needed as Inquisitor)
Increased max life from 111% to 161%

Tree
Just a quick shot and didn't think too much about ascendancies
"
Pathological wrote:
I have no idea why you wouldn't go inquisitor in a 100% elemental damage crit build. Against anything without elemental resist, you have more than enough damage. Against anything else, inquisitor > x.

I thought about it, and with any other elemental damage build I probably would, but again, it's about using each orb to its maximum potential.

Inquisitor scales crits quite well in many of the same ways as Assassin as it pertains to this build, but I feel like the increased multi against enemies affected by ailments is largely wasted, since we're looking for as large an alpha as possible against enemies that haven't been hit yet. Assassin, on the other hand, scales that same stat against enemies that haven't been hit yet, which is more in line with my thinking regarding this build.

By all means, put together an Inquisitor VD build and let's see which one performs better in higher tier maps. You could be right.
Re-optimized the tree a little. Removed the Celestial wheel in favor of the spell crit wheel on the right - I think it'll give us more net damage. Thought about removing Snowforged, but 43% increased fire damage and 30% crit for three passive points is too good to pass up. I'm sacrificing some health (not taking much in the big box and not taking the Purity of Flesh wheel) which may or may not be a mistake, we'll have to see how much life I can get on equipment, but I wanted to keep this build tight at level 80 or so, and it's sitting at level 82 right now. May sacrifice some jewel slots for life since their net gain with the passives leading to them may be less than the actual life nodes themselves get me assuming I use jewels with increased life.

May not take Elementalist. I don't think it's as good as I thought it is, especially with how easy this build will be to gear for resistances.
Four-link
Unearth + Spell Echo + Greater Multiple Projectiles + Faster Casting
UPDATE: Added this four-link for boss fights, since we had so many sockets unaccounted for, and after all, why not maximize our corpse creation potential? Here's ten more corpses per click. If short on sockets, Faster Casting may not be absolutely necessary here, since Spell Echo is already speeding us up quite a lot. I added Faster Casting because we're not really taking any cast speed passives, and return-per-click is already optimized for our other spells via totems or cascade.
So I picked this as my league starter, near the end of Act3 atm and it's pretty solid and fun. There's some issues with wonky VD orb targeting when they ignore something that's right next to them in favor of some offscreen mob but that may be a bug or something.

Anyways, some thoughts on the passive, the stuff around the Scion doesn't seem that efficent. You're taking 5 points more by going in trough the right side, and you get a bit of ES trough that and not much more. I'd say a better investment would be to go for the Written in Blood notable since that's only 4 points and gives both life and ES in decent amounts. You keep the jewel socket on the right and while you get a bit less ES total (1% and 20 flat by the looks of it) I think it's more than made up for by the life gains, since we stack those way more. Also think Nullification is a decent pickup since it's only 2 points and gives a bunch of stuff, most of which is pretty useful.

I'll push this a bit further and test out how it works, but so far, a solid and fun build overall.

Edit: Ok, just saw the updated tree, derp, yeah pretty much what I had in mind.

Unrelated, but have you considered 4-linking the totem with cascade as well? Not sure if it works with totems but I'm still not running one and having cascade on both VD and Desecrate is pretty good for mass ball creation.

Edit.2:
Tested the cascade with totems, doesn't work, damn shame too, getting max orbs with a single cast is pretty nice.
Last edited by Djoze on Dec 9, 2017, 8:14:37 AM
hi! can you make a leveling tree for the build?

i just started and i cant tell wich will be the best path to follow.

Thanks!
"
Djoze wrote:
So I picked this as my league starter, near the end of Act3 atm and it's pretty solid and fun. There's some issues with wonky VD orb targeting when they ignore something that's right next to them in favor of some offscreen mob but that may be a bug or something.

Anyways, some thoughts on the passive, the stuff around the Scion doesn't seem that efficent. You're taking 5 points more by going in trough the right side, and you get a bit of ES trough that and not much more. I'd say a better investment would be to go for the Written in Blood notable since that's only 4 points and gives both life and ES in decent amounts. You keep the jewel socket on the right and while you get a bit less ES total (1% and 20 flat by the looks of it) I think it's more than made up for by the life gains, since we stack those way more. Also think Nullification is a decent pickup since it's only 2 points and gives a bunch of stuff, most of which is pretty useful.

I'll push this a bit further and test out how it works, but so far, a solid and fun build overall.

Edit: Ok, just saw the updated tree, derp, yeah pretty much what I had in mind.

Unrelated, but have you considered 4-linking the totem with cascade as well? Not sure if it works with totems but I'm still not running one and having cascade on both VD and Desecrate is pretty good for mass ball creation.

Edit.2:
Tested the cascade with totems, doesn't work, damn shame too, getting max orbs with a single cast is pretty nice.

Yep, cascade specifies that it doesn't work with totems unfortunately. :( Otherwise a totem with desecrate and cascade would be NUTS for corpse generation. I imagine that's why they made that choice.
"
maxiperez wrote:
hi! can you make a leveling tree for the build?

i just started and i cant tell wich will be the best path to follow.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'll try and get to that in the next couple of days.

For now, try and prioritize life nodes when you gain access to them and save some damage nodes for later in the game. Make a beeline for all three power charge notables, to give you an idea of how to progress, because by the time you're level 35 you'll have run Lab once and will be generating them pretty reliably.
Pretty sure the best way to boss with this build would be Unearth + Spell Totem + GMP + Spell Echo. If u want to do a staff build u can do cremation with 6l or u can do it without a 6l and put it in a 4l. If you manage to get a good helm or glove this league. U can get 2 6l volatile dead + creamation.

Cremation + Conc effect+ Ele focus + Crit dmg + fire pen + power charge on crit (unless u plan to do orb of storm + power charge on crit + curse on hit + famability)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info