[3.3] The Swordmaster - Dual-wield crit Champion / Slayer - All Contents (updated June 5th)

"
Ralsater wrote:
Hi Brown, first tks for the build i been following from the begining of mine.
Can you take a look at my build, i use almost all of your build, current at level 85 using cyclone, i changed one of the gems, Fast attack for a mana leach because i have a lot of probs with mana.
I think because of my low hp im having a lot of troubles.

Hm, the reason with your mana is pretty obvious, you don't have any mana leech on tree or gears/jewels, since you are using hybrid physical/ele aura (herald, hatred) it is recommended that you take the mana leech node in Vitality Void cluster. Note that cyclone is very mana hungry, getting "% physical attack damage leeched as mana" on jewels/gears is not enough.

Moreover, your jewels are mostly unique with minimal benefit, you should switch to rare jewels at this point and try to get % maximum life mod on them. Your current gears also have pretty low life roll, your boots don't even have life roll on it and both of your rings, gloves have less than 30 life, these can be upgraded quite cheaply.
Hey there, thanks for the build, this is my first time playing a melee build that got me above lvl 85.

I'm sitting on 5.6k life, hoping to get more on jewels. I have around 300c rn in Flashback, how should i go about to upgrade my gameplay? I've been looking for a better main hand (rare thrusting sword with 300pdps and 7crit base) and checking it with poe building, it doesnt seem to make a dps difference.

Thanks in advance
"
DeFyrkant wrote:
Hey there, thanks for the build, this is my first time playing a melee build that got me above lvl 85.

I'm sitting on 5.6k life, hoping to get more on jewels. I have around 300c rn in Flashback, how should i go about to upgrade my gameplay? I've been looking for a better main hand (rare thrusting sword with 300pdps and 7crit base) and checking it with poe building, it doesnt seem to make a dps difference.

Thanks in advance

Main reasons are your crit chance and accuracy, I don't think you have more than 90% acc without any buff, remember, you won't get to crit if your hit missed. Let's talk about your crit chance, Inc crit strikes gem is a very stable source for your dps, since you don't use it nor the Diamond flask, your crit chance is problably lower than 50% (non buffed) most of the time. We are crit build so crit chance and accuracy is very important. I know this is flashback league so it's not very easy to access higher end gears and jewels, but all of your jewels and jewelries can be upgraded rather cheaply.
Guys I got this sword:

I wanna multimod it but Im not sure what to do, regal and just multimod (even with bad third mod) or gamble and try use the orb that remove 1 property (have shitty rng, 85% chance for me to remove phys roll)?
"
Asag wrote:
Guys I got this sword:

I wanna multimod it but Im not sure what to do, regal and just multimod (even with bad third mod) or gamble and try use the orb that remove 1 property (have shitty rng, 85% chance for me to remove phys roll)?

Regal it then multicraft flat phys + attack speed on it, I'm sure it will reach over 300pdps.
Hi,

Thanks for the build. I chose it as my league starter for the Flashback event.
I have reached maps, still with Scaeva/Bringer of Rain, and I am having some survivability issues. I initially went with the Slayer ascendency but, although I completed cruel lab (and almost merc lab if I hadn't been one shot right after killing Izaro), I have not assigned the points yet as I am considering switching to Champion. I saw you said in a recent post that you would still choose Slayer over Champion. Wouldn't Champion be more manageable/have better survivability? It seems to me that insane leeching is enough to facetank provided you cannot get one-shot and you can land hits consistently. This does not seem to be my case unfortunately. I am struggling to cap my resists and can very much get one-shot at this point.

Also, would you still take VP with the Champion ascendency? The gain would be less substantial than on Slayer since Champion is not focused on leeching; plus you lose the benefits of the life regen from Conqueror. If not, how else would you adapt the skill tree for the Champion ascendency.

Finally, as it stands, I already have fortify up at all times from leap slamming. I think I would therefore forgo Fortitude in favor of something else. Any particular reason why you choose to take Fortitude with champion? What do you replace Fortify with on your movement skill? Endurance charge on Melee Stun? Maim? Blood magic? Chance to bleed?

Thanks
"
mahmoth wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for the build. I chose it as my league starter for the Flashback event.
I have reached maps, still with Scaeva/Bringer of Rain, and I am having some survivability issues. I initially went with the Slayer ascendency but, although I completed cruel lab (and almost merc lab if I hadn't been one shot right after killing Izaro), I have not assigned the points yet as I am considering switching to Champion. I saw you said in a recent post that you would still choose Slayer over Champion. Wouldn't Champion be more manageable/have better survivability? It seems to me that insane leeching is enough to facetank provided you cannot get one-shot and you can land hits consistently. This does not seem to be my case unfortunately. I am struggling to cap my resists and can very much get one-shot at this point.

Also, would you still take VP with the Champion ascendency? The gain would be less substantial than on Slayer since Champion is not focused on leeching; plus you lose the benefits of the life regen from Conqueror. If not, how else would you adapt the skill tree for the Champion ascendency.

Finally, as it stands, I already have fortify up at all times from leap slamming. I think I would therefore forgo Fortitude in favor of something else. Any particular reason why you choose to take Fortitude with champion? What do you replace Fortify with on your movement skill? Endurance charge on Melee Stun? Maim? Blood magic? Chance to bleed?

Thanks

I chose Slayer in the context that you just want to level up quickly and mapping to get all the achievement/mtx in the flashback league since you don't get to access good rolled/high end gears in temp league. Champion is hybrid evasion/amour, it's not easy to balance between the two, they're not that good either. With Slayer, you don't really care about arm/eva and just focus on leech, which is a much simpler mechanic for new player. In the end, it's really just up to your preference.

In your case, simply ignore VP if you are not familiar with it, since VP was reworked in 3.0 patch, it helps non-slayer build to gain access to higher leech rate without much investment, so it's still a very good option, but not mandatory.

Regarding the perma fortify, it is my personal preference, stun immune all the time is huge. If you have looked at my ultimate end game gear section, you'll notice that I'm running Whirling blade with Blood magic, so I don't have to worry about my mana pool run out while using movement skill.
Hello!

Firstly, thanks a lot for making this guide, the build is awesome and I've had a lot of fun playing it so far(flashback race).

I've got a few questions that I hope you may answer, I will start with showing my eq:

Spoiler

I am chaos spamming most of my eq, and I wanted to ask what should I focus on next - getting a better sword (with crit chance) or shaper stat stick? Maybe something else entirely? Also, should I stick to Slayer or should I change to Champion if I want to tackle end game content?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by Zielenica on May 19, 2018, 6:06:22 PM
"
Zielenica wrote:
Hello!

Firstly, thanks a lot for making this guide, the build is awesome and I've had a lot of fun playing it so far(flashback race).

I've got a few questions that I hope you may answer, I will start with showing my eq:

Spoiler

I am chaos spamming most of my eq, and I wanted to ask what should I focus on next - getting a better sword (with crit chance) or shaper stat stick? Maybe something else entirely? Also, should I stick to Slayer or should I change to Champion if I want to tackle end game content?

Thanks in advance!

First of all, nice gears you got there, especially that diamond ring :D Regarding the Shaper stat stick, it's not necessary, all of the uber contents were done and recorded using Death's hand. If you have some spare currencies, save it for a better swords, or you can try to annul your rapier to get rid of the stat mods on it and craft crit chance (only do this before you have enough currencies to buy a new one tho).

For endgame contents, Slayer is good enough, but if your health pool is low (< 6.5k - 7k), you're gonna have trouble with stun and freezes, especially against shaper and uber elder, quick way to fix this is to use Kaom's roots or else switching to Champion.
"
Brown14 wrote:

First of all, nice gears you got there, especially that diamond ring :D Regarding the Shaper stat stick, it's not necessary, all of the uber contents were done and recorded using Death's hand. If you have some spare currencies, save it for a better swords, or you can try to annul your rapier to get rid of the stat mods on it and craft crit chance (only do this before you have enough currencies to buy a new one tho).

For endgame contents, Slayer is good enough, but if your health pool is low (< 6.5k - 7k), you're gonna have trouble with stun and freezes, especially against shaper and uber elder, quick way to fix this is to use Kaom's roots or else switching to Champion.

Thanks a lot!

I've been farming on low tier maps so far, I will try to push to guardians and see how I do before switching to Champion. Thanks for the good news on the stat stick, that will be a huge currency sink once I get to it. I will try to get a better sword.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info