While you're waiting for the 3.1.0 patch notes, here's another upcoming unique!

nice
"
raics wrote:
So, what happens if you combine this with an item that reflects inflicted ailments back to you?

It shares the suffering of ailment effects with yourself.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
"
raics wrote:
So, what happens if you combine this with an item that reflects inflicted ailments back to you?

The way I read it, this should loop with Maligaro's Restraint, it's a 100% Chance to Cause effect as opposed to a Reflect-ish thing.

Alms + Mali's Restraint + the body that makes you unaffected by Shock. <3
"
raics wrote:

Going to assume that the Shared Suffering resolves, then the reflection happens, which means you end up with the same ailment again. Or the other way around - one effect resolves and disappears, the other applies, and you end up at a default state. I don't foresee an infinite loop situation since the Shared Suffering effect looks to trip only when you hit. So one and exactly one Shared Suffering ailment transfer per hit you land.

That said...a lot of those awkward uniques that inflict ailments on you for thematic reasons and so never get used might see the light of day now. The other thing to wonder is how this interacts with [X]'d Ground modifiers. Either way, there's some interesting uses for this shield. Also interesting is that it's not a specific-to-this-shield property; they gave it a Keystone identity, 'Shared Suffering', so I'm assuming that Keystone-like ability is able to be proliferated to other sources like Far Shot.

Iiiiinteresting. Do tell me more, Bexie dear.
Last edited by 1453R on Dec 5, 2017, 5:56:05 PM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Alms + Mali's Restraint + the body that makes you unaffected by Shock. <3

Yeah, rather than the infinite loop thing I was wondering what goes first, reflecting the status back onto self or removing the status. My money is on removal going before reflect so this won't protect you from reflected status.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 5, 2017, 6:02:58 PM
Seems meh to me. Ailments are like curses, strong against the trash you already one shot and much weaker against the bosses where they might actually matter.
Another 1 alch shield hurray!
These uniques that attempt to support dead archetypes just seem really unneeded to me.
Are we going to get a slew of uniques that boost leech rate in 3.1 as well?

I mean did we really need 20 uniques that support poison build after everyone stopped playing them?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Really want the option to hide the greyed out text on these.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Really want the option to hide the greyed out text on these.

Well they pushed alt so we can read what the effect was on purpose
Bye bye desync!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info