Witchfire Brew now applies Despair NERF

ok you again missunderstand me , and you post its going away from real problem

imagine you're a gardener you're wasting your time planting Apple trees and when it came time to harvest you down to Apple but rip apricot , you say in life for their wasted time you don't have any guarantees
Yea i get you, but the thing is... there's no guarantees ANYWHERE
there's only *ONE* guarantee = eventually you'll die
Just make a new build, and move on
It's like dating a girl, you're planning a family together etc, but at one moment she just dumps you and sucks someone's else d33k... life is unfair, no guarantees..
Im not lose my build . it will strong anyway . so thats why you guys think im cry . Nope its just some roleplay miss . problem its no reason to collect and invest you time here for hunt here , no? just not change items your own just in your hand ( ofc if its not OP ) if you want change some uncommon and weak just do some around simple full rework this item . its easy no?
Yes, easy, submit a request to GGG them to hire you as a PoE balancer
Complaining about having to grind more in an ARPG... some people really should keep off the grass.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Honestly, I saw the change on Witchfire Brew as a buff.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always saw this unique DOT flask created specifically to benefit chaos damage DOT. Despair lowers enemy chaos resistance. Vulnerability does not.

Vulnerability and Despair are being separated so that the former increases physical damage and the latter increases chaos damage.

Seems like a buff, if you ask me. Or were people honestly creating bleed builds built entirely around dealing primary damage with bleed?

Spoiler
No. Creating builds around bleed simply for the bleed explosions from Gladiator does not count.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Dec 5, 2017, 11:10:25 AM
Complainers are going to complain. Most of us are used to it by now. Let it wash over you. Pat them on the head. Wish them a nice day.

Have a nice day.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Complainers are going to complain. Most of us are used to it by now. Let it wash over you. Pat them on the head. Wish them a nice day.

Have a nice day.

And over-analyzers are going to over-analyze. I'm used to inane complaints by now, but can't let them wash over me.

But I'll try to have a nice day, Shags.

I hope you have a nice day, too.
Bring back race seasons.
"
AbdulAlhazred wrote:
Honestly, I saw the change on Witchfire Brew as a buff.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I always saw this unique DOT flask created specifically to benefit chaos damage DOT. Despair lowers enemy chaos resistance. Vulnerability does not.

Vulnerability and Despair are being separated so that the former increases physical damage and the latter increases chaos damage.

Seems like a buff, if you ask me. Or were people honestly creating bleed builds built entirely around dealing primary damage with bleed?

Spoiler
No. Creating builds around bleed simply for the bleed explosions from Gladiator does not count.

Witchfire Brew was an excellent choice for characters that either had a hard time building up the Intelligence needed for a high-level Vuln curse on their own, or who were willing to pay the price of a limited-use flask in exchange for not taking up their reservation space with a Blasphemy curse. it actually fit a number of nice builds beyond DoT-ery, being that it was more or less a bottled Phys-damage debuff.

'Despair' sounds like it may be semi-useful if GGG ever bothers to fix Essence Drain to not blow chunks anymore, but Witchfire Brew's functionality flipping completely 180 is jarring, and it bothers some folks. It used to be actually really cool for physical builds and sort of okay for DoT builds. Now it's utterly useless for...well, basically anything but Essence Drain, and ED has been uncomfortable to play for quite some time now due to utterly disastrous boss kill speeds.

With Wither getting punched in the gut due to Dark Pact shenanery, Despair is being flagged as 'Mandatory' for Chaos builds. Despite that, Dark Pact builds won't care about Despair's degen and ED/other-Chaos-skill builds won't care about Despair's Chaos-on-hit effect. Unless the numbers are unexpectedly baller, Despair is going to feel kinda crappy. Which, in turn, means Witchfire Brew is also going to feel kinda crappy.

Vuln being a Strength curse may be better for the overall health of the game, but let's not pretend poor Witchfire Brew isn't taking it square in the johnson on this one. Nobody wanted or needed Despair - plenty of folks really like Vuln-in-a-bottle.
We don't know what new items they are adding in 3.1. We might see a new flask that does something similar to Witchfire, we also might see that Despair is stronger than people are assuming.

That is the stage we are at right now, everyone is assuming and making builds around the nerfs we know about. We need to see the buffs, and the other nerfs before we start pulling out our pitchforks to chase down GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info