Check out the full reveal of the new Doedre's Skin unique and its 3D Art!

Love the flavour text. :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Why do I have a feeling Doedre's Effigy is going to be her ghostly spirit floating around following me like a Harbinger, cursing enemies randomly with the gems socketed into the chest?
Bring back race seasons.
The item seems cool enough. Will the game run into the same issue as before when Infernal Mantle and Shavronne's wrappings shared the same item base? I thought that was the idea behind moving Infernal Mantle to a new base - to avoid having it being critiqued when players mistakenly thought it took away their chance at a different armor they wanted.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
I really like the concept.

Buuut...

If I make a curse centric build, shouldn't I go for Cospri's Will instead ?
Being able to reliably curse sounds better to me than adding 3 'probably less relevant' curses to the 4 I am already using.

Don't get me wrong. I really love the item. But I feel like CW is just pushing it out of it's niche even before release.

In the end, I think my issue is the association of the opposite concepts of:
-: you can make a curse centric build by focusing on them.
-: some ennemies are completely immune to curses.

Imagine the outcry with another 'build source':
-: you can make a build centered around projectile damage
-: some ennemies are completely immune to projectiles.

Or:
-: you can make an aura centric build
-: somme ennemies disable all your auras for 5 seconds.

If you can get an item that circumvent the immunity, you just can't replace it with anything else.
It rubs the lotion on it's skin it does this whenever its told.
It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again
Now it puts the lotion in the basket...
it puts the lotion in the basket...

Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
Last edited by bionicg2040 on Dec 5, 2017, 7:35:32 AM
None of this matters because the simple fact is - curses r useless as long as bosses have huge multiplier "less curse effectivness". Even with taking all the curse nodes, they r sill mostly useless against bosses.

So why would i use some curse-centric item when the whole premise is false > curses r useless when u need them.
Last edited by n0z0mu on Dec 5, 2017, 8:32:00 AM
looks like nice build enabling unique, however es values seem too low for it to be useable endgame, unless it had life mod on it
"
bionicg2040 wrote:
It rubs the lotion on it's skin it does this whenever its told.
It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again
Now it puts the lotion in the basket...
it puts the lotion in the basket...

*Sluiro sliurp sluirp slirusirlusiop*
Delete Hexproof from the game and increase abilitys to increase effect of curses on bosses and add it as a flying/following pet and its a realy good armor.

But ATM without any more information about curse things
Cospri's Will > this new Armor Doedre's Skin
To me this looks like an addition to aura-meta mapping. Run with 2 aura players instead of one; one for auras, the other for all 12 curses. I've wanted to see some love for curses for a while, but considering the curses are supported by blasphemy, you probably can't run them all without speccing full curse.

Speaking of speccing full curse, I'm having trouble with chaos damage, because I can't reserve enough life and mana without The Covenant to not be low mana or low life with Esh's Visage, even if I go full Blood Magic with the 50% less multiplier. I don't pass enough life nodes to go for hybrid defence either, and even with Skyforth, +1 gem level on every item and level 4 Enlighten in every link, I still reserve 76%.

CoH is for scrubs ;P

If I had some way to CoH everything, it might work, but CoH already needs two links without any curses or utility, so I can't think of a way to do it.

I agree that making a map supporting character that's useless in hex proof maps and almost useless in less curse effect maps doesn't sound like that much of a great idea. I'll still do it if I ever get the item (unless it'll be worth a lot, but since you don't need the sockets to be linked, that shouldn't happen).

I'd consider making the build with Cospri's, but then I wouldn't get all 12 curses. I could exclude Poacher's Mark and Punishment, but apart from that, I could only swap around curses based on the group setup. It would solve the "can't use Esh's Visage" problem, but it would still be pretty expensive, since even with level 3 Enlighten in each link, it comes out at barely low life without Skyforth (you need Windscream for another curse, so the only option is at least one Enlighten 4).

Come to think of it though, most parties don't have physical, all elemental, chaos, projectile, and DoT damage. So I guess swapping out it is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info