[3.0/3.1] TRICK ST "COLD NEST" Build Guide

Any reason why you are not using the third link on the weapon with ancestral protecter? That link could be used to give him a damage over time proc for the patient reaper node. You could also give him extra attack speed among several others. What is your thoughts on this?
Build looks pretty fun, thanks you. I hope you will update the tree for 3.1 update
Last edited by Doffu on Dec 6, 2017, 10:36:49 AM
"
ivespoken wrote:
"
SloshMoney wrote:
I personally prefer swift killer so you can have most of mana reserved early on through hatred/ herald and not have a problem with mobility. Then pick up your frenzy/power generation on cruel, this combined with the wasp nest will start making the build feel good. I go for weave the arcane as the 3rd cause it makes you tankier ( 8% reduced damage taken, should be up 90% of the time and when you get a 6l will be up 100% of the time )


When you say swift killer and then mention the movement spells im confused.. Do you mean "Walk the aether" instead of "swift killer"? The frezy+power charge generation comes from swift killer. Weave the arcane as third, understood.


"
SloshMoney wrote:
In regards to patient reaper, tldr, yes thats very easy to build around.
Wasp nest poison on hit and are the staple starting unique to get this character working in maps. Wasp nest (unless changed in 3.1 patch notes) have poison on hit and will proc patient reaper, alternatively getting some fire damage to attacks on accessories will cause you to burn on crit when you have no poison from crafted claws.


So that makes it:
Normal: Walk the Aether
Cruel: Swift Killer
Merciless: Weave the arcane
Uber: Patient Reaper

Is this correct?


yeah sorry i was drinking quite a bit enjoying holidays but yeah that is correct. Alternatively you can go the ES route instead for merc/uber and do some shenanigans with es base gear and soul tether. But i'd prefer to only do that on howa trickster build xD







"
ivespoken wrote:
Any reason why you are not using the third link on the weapon with ancestral protecter? That link could be used to give him a damage over time proc for the patient reaper node. You could also give him extra attack speed among several others. What is your thoughts on this?


The reason it is like that is because I only use protector for the aps increase on bosses, damage feels good by itself. The damage from this build is mostly in the ascendancy/skill tree. You can really min/max the damage with better accessories/gearing options and links to make it much better. Arguably the CWDT setup I have in the helmet serves little to no purpose, boot enchant is total trash as well.


"
SloshMoney wrote:
Arguably the CWDT setup I have in the helmet serves little to no purpose, boot enchant is total trash as well.


So... Find another boot enchant, preferably the 8-12% cast/atk speed if killed recently.

How about putting the slower projectiles in your inventory when not used or on your off-hand with an open spot, then replacing it with vaal haste. That way you can tank your way out of things with extra hp leech due to atk speed increase, and have the golem up as well. This would ofc only work with sufficient souls, but as it clears maps really easily it could work I think.
Last edited by ivespoken on Dec 7, 2017, 2:55:54 AM
"
ivespoken wrote:
"
SloshMoney wrote:
Arguably the CWDT setup I have in the helmet serves little to no purpose, boot enchant is total trash as well.


So... Find another boot enchant, preferably the 8-12% cast/atk speed if killed recently.

How about putting the slower projectiles in your inventory when not used or on your off-hand with an open spot, then replacing it with vaal haste. That way you can tank your way out of things with extra hp leech due to atk speed increase, and have the golem up as well. This would ofc only work with sufficient souls, but as it clears maps really easily it could work I think.



yeah that works. slower proj can be wherever I just like less clutter. You can also pick up a chill of corruption to get even more souls as you will be shattering most monsters. Alternatively atziri's reign may be useful but I doubt it. I'd just put the increase duration on grace and haste if you really want the super speed. I'd rather just put down a totem if i wanna map a bit faster.

Don't forget to quality your spectral throw and your GMP for the extra attack speed, also some better jewels than what I used would be nice. I'd shoot for crit multi and attack speed.


With lycosidae getting raised in rarity i'm personally going to try to focus all my gear on accuracy in 3.1 and try to push dual wielding, see where that takes me.
This Build s still good in Abyss bro??
i want to make this char as league starer but im very worry about damage, because i cant buy Lycoside shield
Thank you Money

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info