Experience penalty for dying.

Eventually the death penalty combined with XP penalty will lead me to play an alt. More than that however is having to time doing new content with the start of levels. It gets a little old sometimes knowing once I hit ~40% to a new level I'm not doing anything new until I hit the next level.
Couldnt have put it better Viljan.
Levels 90-100 are meant to be brutal. Ideally, you should be able to do all that your build is capable of doing at level 90. Anything beyond 90 is meant to be an accomplishment of significance, and GGG supports that. And the death penalty used to be worse: the 10% XP loss used to come much earlier content-wise than it does currently.

To me, this is a non-issue but this forum thread is meant for all feedback. This is how GGG knows how they're doing from the perspective of the Xbox community.
"
insulin009 wrote:
Levels 90-100 are meant to be brutal. Ideally, you should be able to do all that your build is capable of doing at level 90. Anything beyond 90 is meant to be an accomplishment of significance, and GGG supports that. And the death penalty used to be worse: the 10% XP loss used to come much earlier content-wise than it does currently.

To me, this is a non-issue but this forum thread is meant for all feedback. This is how GGG knows how they're doing from the perspective of the Xbox community.

Yeah, the loss sucks but to Me that's the name of the game. It's what really gives you the fear of creating an offensive heavy build without any real defense. Keeping the game as similar to pc is important.
Haha lol so much for your request 3.1 they just way way upped the XP needed at higher levels lol 99 - 100 40% more XP needed to level good luck getting to or getting past 95 love GGG no fucking around.
"
If your careful you will never die.Lag is rife on Pc your not special.Learn the game.

I don't know how you know so much about the PC version lagging, when you have 0 challenges completed, must be backseat driver experience :)

But seriously, PC version vs XBoX version, don't talk about stats if you don't actually have data, they are noticeably different. The only thing I haven't really checked out yet, the new Xbox upgrades in comparison to the PC version, I hear load times are superb, but not much else past that.
One thing most people forget on the XBoX version, if you haven't already, go watch some high level content being played by Hardcore Solo Self Found players. They have stable builds, with decent dps and eHP, and the only difference that you'll really see, how much they use their movement skills accurately.

We console gamers will never have the same degree of control as a PC player. They will always have better ability to use movement abilities to dodge boss 1-shot mechanics (depending on your build maybe 2-shot). They can target specific distances they want to travel, while we have to guesstimate cast our skills. It might not seem like alot, but seconds of dodging add up fast, when boss fights aren't about long endurance contests, but more about bursting the boss in a specific timing window.

Yeah, this game just became seriously stupid. I'm extremely disappointed that I even bothered starting it now.

I can't believe some of the stuff they are choosing to nerf in this build. The xbox version of the game is a sad imitation of the PC version. Everything is just as difficult as the PC version, but we dont' have the same auction system and ours totally blows. We have shit for control of our characters and the difficulty isn't adjusted to compensate.

Doing some of the labyrinth maps where you have traps to avoid get really stupid as well. You can use the left trigger to force your character to stop moving on a dime, but it's clunky and not 100% instant like it should be. Being able to click in a location and know that is exactly where your character will go is FAR more simple.

Make the required xp gain in leagues stupid high if you want. Some of us don't give a rat's ass about leagues and racing to 100 on a regular basis. I don't want to play a game that expects me to play a build from one to 100 every 4 months. I also don't want to be penalized because of some try hards who dont' have a job or a life who's idea of a busy day is to speed race to 100 and then whine that it's too easy.

It's like the idiot speed players who beat mario brothers in 5 minutes. Good for you. The majority of the world doesn't play games in this way so stop making life crap for us for a select few people who have some stupid idea of what a fun game is.
Last edited by Rashaka1 on Dec 5, 2017, 7:19:07 PM
Pushing to 100 is a luxury.
Pushing to 90 is the golden standard.
Pushing to 95 is now the NEW golden standard in 3.1.

Don't expect all your characters to have the luxury.
Most builds function at level 90, maximum.
I have been playing PoE for 4 years, and have never been interested in attempting to make a level 100 character, simply because you never know what nerfs might hit you....

But if you play for long enough, you'll learn this, rookie.
"Your grandchildren will awaken screaming in memory of what I utter today!"
- Path of Exile, Legacy Whispers of Doom Keystone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info