Experience penalty for dying.

This is just a general suggestion for the game but since I play on xbox and it's probably more targeted toward console players I will post it here.

The experience penalty from levels 90 - 100 is insane. The rate at which most classes seem to gain this experience is extremely slow compared to the amount of experience you lose upon death. Even trying to run Magic or base maps there are certain exiles that show up which will 1 shot a character that otherwise has no issue clearing the zones on Rare and corrupted versions. However Rare and corrupted versions seem to cause these things to happen far more frequently. The concept of being killed by a single attack that you can do nothing about and having it set you back 2-4 hours of gameplay each time is pretty absurd.

The penalty from 88-90 was so annoying that my friend and I decided to not bother leveling anymore after 90. Sadly this almost immediately made us feel like progression in the game had stopped and we are starting to become bored with the game. If you want the game to take a long time to complete I get that. Just make the amount of experiences 10 times as much and then get rid of the penalty or at least make not wipe out many hours of progress.

It also wouldn't be so bad if the network mismatch wasn't so bad on the xbox. Enemies are frequently warping around the screen because the sever thinks they are somewhere that the console thinks they are not.
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2017, 9:44:29 AM
The upcoming expansion is named war for the atlas, play for that rather than 100.

To reach 100 defence gotta come first and offence after because dying aint an option really and killing trash only dosent recuire that much damage just enough with extremly good aoe.
Also all the coolest bosses aint to even think about.

Basicly all insane damage builds you seen is for boss killing and definately not for getting 100 fastest.
This is honestly pretty obvious. I'm running a build with 30k paper dps. I'm not running an insane high dps build. I have everything that I can find in order to maximize my defenses while not nerfing my dps anymore as to clear too slowly. I have 4k hps, max resists and 6% life steal with 17,000 evasion and 11 to 25% spell evasion depending on if spell evasion is additive or multiplicative. This still doesn't stop me from being one shot in maps with no negatives to resist or NPC outgoing damage. Random exiles in the maps or some of the crazy harbingers kill me faster than I can react.

I know you can get more life by tweaking your gear but most of that requires high end crafting materials. Don't get me wrong. The game is fun but based on the time it takes to complete it I would have to play this game for years and honestly that's just not the console way.

That being said this wasn't meant to be a debate about how to properly level in the game. This is feedback from a console player of 30 years console gaming experience who also happens to love diablo and diablo clone games.

This probably isn't the best forum in which to discuss the finer points of leveling and tweaking characters just to level up.

I am just stating that it's too difficult for what it is and losing hours and hours of game play due to back network code and 1 shot non boss mechanics is a little on the excessive side.
4K hp is your problem, its what glasscannon builds use to have.
100 pusher got minimum 7k effective hp probably closer to 10k.

30k is quite allright for trash clearing, but there are many bosses you gotta skip, especially with 4k hp.
With 4K hp and no way to increase it, you should accept the caracther as a failure and try again and do it right with next one 😎
My biggest gripe with the death penalty are the desync deaths. I’ve been using a BF/whirling blades build where I’ve whirled away from trouble only to get sucked backwards and one shotted b/c of the desync. A total disrespect for my time/effort/resources when this happens, especially at the 90+ levels; very cheap, and happens to be my number one cause of death ...
XB1 gt - xXx G3TZUM xXx
If your careful you will never die.Lag is rife on Pc your not special.Learn the game.
^^^ Ok fan boi

Considering this is my first time playing and I’ve cleared all mtx challenges, shaper + uber atziri as well, I’d say I understand the game just fine. That doesn’t change the fact that dying to desync’s is a shit scenario and needs to be addressed.

It’s also something I saw acknowledged by GGG in the XB1 feedback thread (i.e. movement skills in general are doing this) so I’m thankful they are aware and hopefully doing something about it.

Otherwise, I love the death penalty. Playing games where you can just death zerg content is lamer than desync deaths . . .
XB1 gt - xXx G3TZUM xXx
Yeah, you're never going to get away from the stupid try hards who's only offer of advice is "gitgud". I just don't pay attention to those idiots anymore. Based on the way the guy was talking he's a PC player running his 12 yr old mouth in the Xbox forums anyway. So he's clearly just looking to troll.

The lag deaths are extremely annoying and if it's true that the PC version is riddled with them as well then maybe that is something that should have been fixed before the game was ported to consoles. If that is the case it's just another example of gaming companies doing only what is required in order to make money and not really being concerned with their game for fixing the issues that really bother the players.

Here's hoping...

It's also amusing when people feel the need to insert "advice" that your character sucks and you should reroll. Considering the fact that I'm playing a proven character build which was made by a highly revered member of the community the problem I'm having is that the gear isn't dropping and has nothing to do with my build.
Last edited by Rashaka1 on Dec 3, 2017, 11:29:51 PM
"
Rashaka1 wrote:

Here's hoping...

It's also amusing when people feel the need to insert "advice" that your character sucks and you should reroll. Considering the fact that I'm playing a proven character build which was made by a highly revered member of the community the problem I'm having is that the gear isn't dropping and has nothing to do with my build.

I have fucked up many characters, so im talking by own failure experience and not my insane allknowing.

What i could have made clearer togerher with you text i copyed above is important to understand.
Majority of all popular build guides on the forums are glasscannon builds with extreme damage and low hp, they are meant to kill hard bosses but also accept deaths ever now and then, people making theese guides simply dont have 100 pushing in mind.

If you for real copyed a 100 pushing build with low hp then you can be sure its because he plays with other that plays so called aurabot build so that your hp will be high anyway.

I also wanted to say that you need to choose your goal between 100 pushing or lvl 90+ endgame contents.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info