[3.2] Update! Habk's Wander Champion: >2m ethical Shaper DPS, 6k HP + Fortify, tanky and fast

"
dim.kiriyenko wrote:
Lycosidae? Accuracy on gear? We're talking Champion, the main reason to take him besides fortify is 'Enemies taunted by you cannot evade attacks.

Where is Lycosidae? I'm not using it anymore since 3.2.

The accuracy on two of my jewels is intentional, as enemies first need to be hit before they are taunted (such that "Enemies taunted by you cannot evade attacks" works). Without this accuracy, we would have a hit chance of only 87%, which is a bit too low to feel smooth while mapping.
Thanks for the guide, it looks really interesting!
Ive followed it, quite well i think, but i seem to struggle on boss damage with Barrage. I know that the gems lvl isnt that high yet, but I seem to struggle with t1 and t2 boss' aswell, I cant really figure out what ive done wrong, anyone that could have a look at my gear?

My profile is open to public.

Thanks in advance! :)
ingame name - WetLock
"
WetLock wrote:
Thanks for the guide, it looks really interesting!
Ive followed it, quite well i think, but i seem to struggle on boss damage with Barrage. I know that the gems lvl isnt that high yet, but I seem to struggle with t1 and t2 boss' aswell, I cant really figure out what ive done wrong, anyone that could have a look at my gear?

My profile is open to public.

Thanks in advance! :)

Hey, glad that you enjoy the build (to some extent at least ;))!

I think you could immediately improve your boss-killing ability by swapping out some of your flasks. A properly rolled Diamond flask costs nearly nothing, can be used (up to) three times, and will increase your DPS by around 30%. Dying Sun is similarly good (slightly more than 30% DPS increase, but can only be used twice), but significantly more expensive. If you can afford it, it's more than worth its money. Finally, a Silver Flask also costs nearly nothing, increases your DPS by around 10%, and is great for mapping due to the increased movement speed.

So my first suggestion is to improve your flasks. You need:
-Divine Life Flask of Staunching (preferably with the Bubbling prefix)
-Chemist's (or Ample) Diamond Flask of Reflexes/Heat
-Chemist's Silver Flask of Heat/Reflexes
-Chemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
-Dying Sun (or Atziri's Promise with top elemental roll as a budget alternative)

Second, I would recommend you to gain some more levels and pick up all jewel slots on the tree that are only 2 points away from the main path. The build really comes to live with some good Abyssal jewels with flat lightning damage and flat life. You should also aim to finish Uber Lab and obtain the last 2 Ascendany points... then you can drop Lycosidae for a decent rare shield.

Third, improve your jewellery (craft something decent on your Diamond ring as a first step!). Also get a nice Stygian Vise (belt) with 80+ life, some resistances, and increased elemental damage with attack skills (reduced flask charges used is a great bonus if available).

Fourth, get the the boot enchant with 1 to 160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently.

Fifth, swap out Thunderfist for Tombfist with 2 Abyssal sockets (not sure whether this is realistic in league). Make sure to use one Murderous Eye jewel to intimidate enemies (gives 10% increased damage taken by enemies).

Sixth, get Devoto's Devotion with +1 Barrage projectile (or with 40% increased Barrage damage as a cheaper alternative).

One final observation: Enfeeble cannot be triggered currently with your Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) setup, as its level is too high. With your level 9 CWDT, Enfeeble may at most require level 54 (see the description of CWDT).

That should keep you busy for a while. By the way, what's your current tooltip DPS with Barrage? With my level 97 character, I have over 80k without flasks in hideout. 40k should definitely be possible for you even on a modest budget. And with 40k damage and some mechanical skill, you can even kill Guardians and Shaper.
"
Hey, glad that you enjoy the build (to some extent at least ;))!

I think you could immediately improve your boss-killing ability by swapping out some of your flasks. A properly rolled Diamond flask costs nearly nothing, can be used (up to) three times, and will increase your DPS by around 30%. Dying Sun is similarly good (slightly more than 30% DPS increase, but can only be used twice), but significantly more expensive. If you can afford it, it's more than worth its money. Finally, a Silver Flask also costs nearly nothing, increases your DPS by around 10%, and is great for mapping due to the increased movement speed.

So my first suggestion is to improve your flasks. You need:
-Divine Life Flask of Staunching (preferably with the Bubbling prefix)
-Chemist's (or Ample) Diamond Flask of Reflexes/Heat
-Chemist's Silver Flask of Heat/Reflexes
-Chemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
-Dying Sun (or Atziri's Promise with top elemental roll as a budget alternative)

Second, I would recommend you to gain some more levels and pick up all jewel slots on the tree that are only 2 points away from the main path. The build really comes to live with some good Abyssal jewels with flat lightning damage and flat life. You should also aim to finish Uber Lab and obtain the last 2 Ascendany points... then you can drop Lycosidae for a decent rare shield.

Third, improve your jewellery (craft something decent on your Diamond ring as a first step!). Also get a nice Stygian Vise (belt) with 80+ life, some resistances, and increased elemental damage with attack skills (reduced flask charges used is a great bonus if available).

Fourth, get the the boot enchant with 1 to 160 lightning damage if you haven't killed recently.

Fifth, swap out Thunderfist for Tombfist with 2 Abyssal sockets (not sure whether this is realistic in league). Make sure to use one Murderous Eye jewel to intimidate enemies (gives 10% increased damage taken by enemies).

Sixth, get Devoto's Devotion with +1 Barrage projectile (or with 40% increased Barrage damage as a cheaper alternative).

One final observation: Enfeeble cannot be triggered currently with your Cast When Damage Taken (CWDT) setup, as its level is too high. With your level 9 CWDT, Enfeeble may at most require level 54 (see the description of CWDT).

That should keep you busy for a while. By the way, what's your current tooltip DPS with Barrage? With my level 97 character, I have over 80k without flasks in hideout. 40k should definitely be possible for you even on a modest budget. And with 40k damage and some mechanical skill, you can even kill Guardians and Shaper.

Thanks alot for all those tips!! Gonna have a look at them tomorrow when iam back from work. :)

Atm before any changes my tooltip damage on Barrage is 21,5k without flasks, really looking forward to check out your recommendations!!

Thanks again! :)
ingame name - WetLock
Last edited by WetLock on May 13, 2018, 4:29:28 PM
Is there any way to leech life or did i miss it completely? (or do you only take vaal pact?)
Fun build, indeed way tankier than ranger (my experience with it was dying at every monsters'sneeze).
"
lymsha wrote:
Is there any way to leech life or did i miss it completely? (or do you only take vaal pact?)
Fun build, indeed way tankier than ranger (my experience with it was dying at every monsters'sneeze).

We leech life via the "Blood Drinker" node (near Shadow start; also gives 8% Life)... given the damage output of the build, 0.4% leech is more than enough to reach the leech cap.
Do you think this build is workable with a phy dmg wand with an offhand statstick? Really curious about it.
If you use a phys damage want and an offhand wand stat stick your dps would drop as Barrage would then alternate. Idk whether shields can get that implicit or not actually but you cannot dual wield a wand and a melee weapon.
Hello

I was looking for a duelist build for the next league and this one seems very interesting(meaning that i probably won't die as fast as I usually do). Could you please add some gear and gem progression based on lvling? Just some general stuff, approximations; would really help a noob like me :P

Thank you
Last edited by RO_MrGummy on May 25, 2018, 4:31:43 AM
I will try this with Gladiator (every minor ascendancy node buff are related to one handed weapon, which utilises wand as well).
- No need to maim with abyss socket, cause Blood in Eyes has it already.
- 100% block spells.
- 25% chance to bleed in addition.
- Will travel through Constitution wheel, abandoning Dodge nodes, toward Prism Weave and then to right side of tree. Possible pure armour rare chest.
- Dual wielding bonus damage below duelist also counts with wands, so leveling early with it is also possible (Want to try new Elemental Hit bonuses). Alternatively shield bonus (Around Defiance) counts also.
Is this a real plan for you?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info