Quit giving us duplicates from boxes!!!

"
k1rage wrote:
well GGG has addressed this issue in the past

I take it you didn't bother to read the body text either.

As I mentioned, they just want elimination of duplicates in the 20.357% of the table that make up the armour sets. Even if it DID have full elimination of duplicates (in spite of most of the low tier being hideout decorations you kinda need more than one of anyhow) that still means the price for guaranteeing one of everything is... 1,140 points. (38 boxes) Given that once they're available normally, it'll be 4,910 points (5,130 if we play dumb and don't buy the armour as a SET) that means your math for "10 times as much" is hilariously off.

And of course, with only partial redundancy blocking? You're still looking at CLOSE to the same odds of getting a full suit as it currently stands, since again, 79.643% of the entire table consists of items NOT armour sets.

The whole point of mystery boxes, from GGG's perspective, is not somehow generate an infinite loop of income, but to encourage spending that would never have happened in the first place. They're not targeting their ceiling (e.g, anyone who's walking around the forums brandishing their stack of supporter tags) but rather their floor. By making the barrier to entry a lot easier, they're hoping to draw in people to go a bit further, such as by buying boxes in hopes of getting a full set, but still paying for parts they wouldn't have bought normally.

So yes, while in theory, GGG only getting 120 points for a 430-point armour set might sound like a ripoff to them, but even if there was full ending of redundancy, that'd be players spending upwards of 1,140 points for one or two armour sets.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
Bah, silly squabbles regarding loot boxes...

GGG should take a hint from other free to play games that do sell "sets and/or boxes", like Dota 2 for example.

Let's discuss the set situation first - if sets wouldn't be selled for pieces, GGG's implementation makes sense, but due to them being sold part for part too, it's lacklustre for the moment...

Secondly, the "chests" should allow you to progress towards your goal - that of achieving the completed set - and make sure that you'll "feel" rewarded by doing so - you'll have it earlier albeit at a markup of up to 25% from the normal cost.

GGG should focus on selling a lot of "boxes", but also on making the players happy with that outcome...

So, no duplicates should be available for the items in set, and other consumables could "hinder" your progress at most every 2 pieces of armour. Yes, that would mean that they'll need at least 2 sets and extras just like for the Chaos and Order mystery box. At a second glance, the cost of the "boxes" should be increased up to 50 points to offset any loss they might register (and unless you're jumping through hoops, 5$ brings you ALWAYS 50 points), and simply make each non-consumable piece more expensive than that, and toss 2/3 consumables instead of just 1 if needed...

Due to the obscene RNG regarding "mysterious boxes", and a severe lack of progression, GGG loses a lot on a regular income source, that at worst would provide equal benefit, and at best it would surpass all expectations...

Having "stuff" surprise you is OK, but to "gamble for the sake of gambling is asinine", and sadly, the "mysterious boxes" fall in the second category...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Nov 21, 2017, 7:26:58 PM
Duplicates = RNG = more gambling = more money for GGG

CORPORATE GREED
Or you could just not gamble and buy the set when it's available if you can't handle it.

I would not pay 50 points for a mystery box. I also buy them for the fun of it and a couple discounted mtxes. Anybody who buys them expecting certain results is not using their brain. Buy 1 or 2 and be happy.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Here's a webpage that provides the full list of items you can get from the boxes and the probabilities for each and every item. I've never been interested in buying one of the boxes but this list seems to provide full disclosure as to what it is. If you want it then buy it, if not then don't buy it.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1934998
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
mark1030 wrote:
Or you could just not gamble and buy the set when it's available if you can't handle it.

I would not pay 50 points for a mystery box. I also buy them for the fun of it and a couple discounted mtxes. Anybody who buys them expecting certain results is not using their brain. Buy 1 or 2 and be happy.

That's what I have done since their inception.

My memory is faded, but generally I always go for 5-10 boxes (might have slipped past 10 boxes in one occasion, but I don't recall exactly).

I always left like a thief.

For this round on Chaos and Order boxes, I got:

2x Pure light wings (both back to back, during spend points to get a second box free. Like...really? >.> 320 points each = 640 Total points)

2x Doves (160 points each = 320 Total points)

Bone Aura Character Effect (125 points)

Ultimate Chaos Character Effect (210 points)

Ultimate Chaos Boots (Free from race. 80 Points)

Ultimate Chaos Cloak (230 points)

Glowing Red Eyes (100 points)

==================================================

9 total boxes. 7 Purchased, 2 free.

1,705 total points 'worth/face value' (1,225 if you do not count duplicates)

7 x 30 = 210 points (or $21 USD total spent)
= VALUE SUCKERRRRS L2Gamble Kappa

_____

Edit: All I wanted was 2 Dark Swarm Pets, got none. RNJesus giveth, RNJesus taketh.

BibleThump

Last edited by FireZombie on Nov 22, 2017, 1:18:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info