ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

If the US provided troop support to fight the mexican cartels, it would alleviate a lot of your so called issues with Mexico. Granted, it's not your problem but that problem cause a lot of problems for you. You could get paid for it, it would actually help people (unlike the middle east wars), you'd reduce illegal immigration, you'd reduce drug importation from Mexico and you'd gain very good PR with Mexico. There's very little downside to that fight (of course, life loss is the biggest one, but you'd most likely save more lives than lose).

Edit: And it would likely be more effective and cheaper than a wall
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Jan 26, 2018, 3:09:33 PM
Trump's DACA proposal is his biggest 4D chess gambit yet: it's his Springtime for Hitler.

It's going to flop. Bigly. As intended.

Then what? The Ann Coulters of the US breathe a collective sigh of relief and say Trump was more than generous with the Dems, a real compromiser. Meanwhile, Dems get eaten alive by the Dreamers who they were willing to shut down government for, but not willing to build a wall.

Worse case: it passes somehow, and Trump has to pretend it was a victory. Which he'll have no trouble doing, so long as he pivots towards the GOP establishment.

Trump can't lose here. Maybe you can, but not him.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 26, 2018, 3:46:41 PM
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You do understand that if Trumps wall is fully funded the DACA people won't be deported, correct?

You are only asking conservatives the question about deportation for DACA people.

Why don't you ask democrats why they refuse to fund the wall? Your same sentiment can be applied to them.

Dems are refusing to fund The Wall because The Wall is a giant money sink boondoggle. We have never needed a giant fuckoff wall across the entirety of the freaking huge Mexican border. Countries do not emplace giant permanent walls between themselves and their neighbors. it's stupid beyond measure - for such a wall to be even remotely viable it would need to be constantly surveiled and patrolled, which is a massive ongoing expense the Border Patrol cannot afford even if it had the manpower to do so.

Why spend billions and billions and billions of dollars on something all the illegal Mexicans you folks are trying to throw out can circumvent with ten fucking minutes unobserved between patrols and a ladder?

Trump's. Wall. Is. A. Stupid. Idea. It's a waste of money, it's deeply insulting on virtually every level to both any foreign power you care to name and also half the U.S. citizens in this country, it's ludicrously easy to circumvent even if it somehow comes into existence, it'd be a nightmare to maintain...there are so many reasons the goddamned Wall would be actively detrimental to the country.

Only idiots believe putting a few feet of concrete between us and Mexico means we wouldn't ever have to deal with Mexico again.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
The Wall is a meme. Beyond that, it's pretty stupid; as I've said before, border security isn't immigration policy, because one can easily enter legally then stay illegally.

But it is a meme, and a great one: visual, vague, and symbolic of (despite ironically having little to do with) immigration policy. I mean shit, look at the link in the post above this one: how is that newsworthy? The Wall is weapons-grade persuasion. Trump will keep milking it at least until 2021.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 26, 2018, 4:42:06 PM
I can't believe this bread is still around.

At least talk about SOMETHING off-topic PoE related like rock climbing (Mathil claims is a pastime but we've never seen it) or the book For the Term of His Natural Life (fiction story about Australia exile) or at least a Trump Supporting guild or something less trolly.
"
JNF wrote:

Three hundred to five hundred thousand dollars.

For a thirty-odd foot section of border wall.

How many five hundred thousand dollar thirty-odd foot sections of border wall does it take to stretch from the Pacific to the Gulf of Mexico?

The results could not, indeed, be more conclusive.

And people wonder why Dems aren't falling all over themselves to fund Trump's goddamned meme wall?
Finishing my post from yesterday, now that the servers are not resetting and I do not feel compelled to rush.

"
1453R wrote:
Stop the criminal behavior. Punish the criminal behavior - not the hostage victimised by the behavior. If a Dreamer has to watch his mother and father get punted back to Nowherezistan because they undertook illegal behaviors, then I'm sorry for that Dreamer but an American should understand the importance of adhering to American law. Just as an American should understand that there is a difference between the law and justice.

I do believe children of illegal immigrants should become wards of the state. It’s a tough pill to swallow, because despite all of your inane accusations, I don’t want to see any family broken apart, (nearly) ever; however, I do sincerely believe that subjecting one’s child to all of the dangers of smuggling (often cartel syndicated) and the exploitation inevitably associated with a future of non-citizen status, constitutes child abuse.

Look at all of the bullshit Dreamers are going through. I said it before, I’ll say it again: it’s their parents’ fault. It does not matter if that is a better deal for them than staying home and waiting; they’re in the US now, and we have higher standards.

What I do not agree with is the idea that deportation is a punishment. That would be like telling Timmy to give back Ms. Doe’s stolen jewelry and fix the broken lock on her door, and it’ll be as if he never broke into her house in the first place. Both Timmy and Ms. Doe are restored to a prior state. Criminal law does not work like that. Home invasion does not work like that. Why should nation invasion?

Aside: I also do not agree with a criminal justice system that prioritizes a “debt to society,” over indemnifying the victim, with society a sneaky synonym for private industry, but it’s what we’ve got. So long as it’s what we’ve got, it is paramount that standards are universally upheld, as the alternative is corruption.

Corruption, child safety, and security (didn’t discuss, should be self evident). The three reasons why immigration law is important, and the three things you’re bargaining with when you put amnesty on the table.

That said, deportation should not be (and is not, really) an option for dreamers. Contingent upon solid immigration reform that henceforth imposes severe detriment to those not following the legal channels, we should also approve an expanded budget to open a new line just for dreamers and give them a deadline to naturalize by.

"
1453R wrote:
Damned Dirty Furriners(TM)

"
1453R wrote:
Five Dollar Pablo

"
1453R wrote:
How many illegal immigrants are you willing to shoot in the face?

Are you ever going to grow tired of being the biggest bigot in the room? You’ve adopted your straw man version of “them” as your worldview. It’s not healthy, and you’re better than that.

"
1453R wrote:
Dems are refusing to fund The Wall because The Wall is a giant money sink boondoggle.

Democrats love giant money sink boondoggles. That’s their entire vocation. They’re just opposed to this one because they’re not positioned to profit from it.

Interestingly, I’ve been ruminating this (for about the last minute), and I think I’m okay with the idea of open borders (both of them) under one condition. Mexico and Canada adopt the US constitution and restructure their governments to look like ours.
Spoiler
Quebec can have its independence, we don’t want them.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jan 26, 2018, 6:17:01 PM
"
ThunderBiome wrote:
I can't believe this bread is still around.

At least talk about SOMETHING off-topic PoE related like rock climbing (Mathil claims is a pastime but we've never seen it) or the book For the Term of His Natural Life (fiction story about Australia exile) or at least a Trump Supporting guild or something less trolly.

Bouldering is among my favorite sports, tied with fencing and tennis (I’m bad at picking favorites).
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
1453R wrote:
"
Kamchatka wrote:
You do understand that if Trumps wall is fully funded the DACA people won't be deported, correct?

You are only asking conservatives the question about deportation for DACA people.

Why don't you ask democrats why they refuse to fund the wall? Your same sentiment can be applied to them.

Dems are refusing to fund The Wall because The Wall is a giant money sink boondoggle. We have never needed a giant fuckoff wall across the entirety of the freaking huge Mexican border. Countries do not emplace giant permanent walls between themselves and their neighbors. it's stupid beyond measure - for such a wall to be even remotely viable it would need to be constantly surveiled and patrolled, which is a massive ongoing expense the Border Patrol cannot afford even if it had the manpower to do so.

Why spend billions and billions and billions of dollars on something all the illegal Mexicans you folks are trying to throw out can circumvent with ten fucking minutes unobserved between patrols and a ladder?

Trump's. Wall. Is. A. Stupid. Idea. It's a waste of money, it's deeply insulting on virtually every level to both any foreign power you care to name and also half the U.S. citizens in this country, it's ludicrously easy to circumvent even if it somehow comes into existence, it'd be a nightmare to maintain...there are so many reasons the goddamned Wall would be actively detrimental to the country.

Only idiots believe putting a few feet of concrete between us and Mexico means we wouldn't ever have to deal with Mexico again.

So you are saying it is not worth compromising on the wall to save DACA children from being deported.

Looks like we should give you a gun to go kill all those poor children you clearly don't care about. The DACA children are just a political tool to you. You don't actually care about them. Your unwillingness to compromise makes this clear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info