ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

I hadn't been in a good mood when I wrote that first comment. I apologise. ;-)

I know where you're coming from, but taxing assets comes with its very own problems. Say, I have $1,000,000 at my disposal. If I want to dodge taxation, I'll invest this money in buying items that can hardly be evaluated. Just taxing assets will make people want to hide away their money or make them spend it faster. You could of course introduce 40+ % VAT to counteract such abusive behaviour, but you'd hurt less moneyed families and individuals.

I'm currently supportive towards dynamic taxation based on income and controling equity trading more, since that's the pool of money that grows simply by existing.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
"
kolyaboo wrote:
The single WORST event in US history was adding a fed income tax. No contest. Gave the government a black check to be irresponsible with and the politicos a convenient new football to toss back and forth. You know it was touted at the time as a temporary measure? Kind of like those toll roads that have "temp" tolls that never go away; they just keep going up. :(

I dont know if true but my dad is sorta an investor and said all these toll roads are owned by hedge funds, I mean guanteed profit how can you not like it? Anyway what end's up happening with taxes/tolls is venal fucks take over and take advantage. This is why despite best intentions GINI index grows with high tax/redistribution.

When system are private - sure you may require sobriety or what not for benefit but at least individual in need gets all
Git R Dun!
taxing assets is crazy.

This means that old people would literally get taxed to death.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
taxing assets is crazy.

This means that old people would literally get taxed to death.

Thats why proposition 13 exists in California. As housing prices rose old people on fixed income were literally being thrown out of their homes as valuation of house and thus taxes on house rose.

So say you bought a house for 40,000 in the 1960s and today worth 1.4 millions. You pay same tax as beforehand @ 40K instead of 20K a year.

Democrats hate it. This was a republican bill. But requires 2/3 to override. Sadly Democrats are almost there in California to turn us into commiland.

I'd move to Texas or China if I didnt have such big ties here. Just in my lifetime California transitioned from #3 world economy to #7 and it's just gonna get worse. Like Venezuela IMO once liberals totally take over.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 22, 2018, 12:16:38 AM
Personally, I think that paying based on 40k is not logical. There should be inflation factored in but with the price frozen at the moment of their retirement.

So say it was 40k but with inflation, that 40k would be 75k at the moment they retire, then that's the price they pay for the rest of their life.

edit: note that I find the idea of paying more taxes because it so happens that the land around increased in value to be ridiculous.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Last edited by faerwin on Jul 22, 2018, 12:06:53 AM
If you don't think "liberals" are really facists watch this.

http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/07/21/maga-hat-wearing-teen-harassed-seattle

I've said it before. Hitler, Stalin, Mao basically all the greatest mass murderers in history are liberals. They all start small with taxation and otherwise compromise your individualism but it all leads to violence because you won't play along forever. Man's nature is freedom not tyranny so their grand designs and central planning need force to implement thus comes the violence, reeducation camps (aka gulags) and finally murder.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Hitler, Stalin, Mao basically all the greatest mass murderers in history are liberals.
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
liberals
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 22, 2018, 3:50:11 AM
"
faerwin wrote:
Personally, I think that paying based on 40k is not logical. There should be inflation factored in but with the price frozen at the moment of their retirement.

How would you define retirement? Imo, I wouldn’t. Just means you’re ready to stop working and live off your equity, and that could be at any age with wildly varying asset portfolios and lifestyles.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
This shouldn't be a controversial statement, but it'll trigger Aim and other members of the Stephen Crowder school:

Hitler was right-wing.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Calling Hitler a liberal lmao

Socially, he was as authoritarian as one could be. Fiscally, he was basically a racist Trump (inb4 redundant huehuehue).
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info