ALL HAIL PRESIDENT TRUMP

"
Khoranth wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
I'm not discussing "good or bad" I am advocating that people treat the Israeli Jews the same as anyone else who wins multiple wars. The winner gets to dictate terms to the loser.

Christian, Muslim, Athiest ect all follow this rule, and yet some people demand that the Jews be treated differently.
Sure. Sound like fair way to rob someone. You do realize this mean anyone can rob Jews of Israel if they are stronger. Just be reminded that you can't claim to be both the police and the crook.
Yes, correct. I've literally been saying this over and over.
Might doesn't necessarily make right; might makes real. Whether that reality is better or worse is dependent upon whether might recognizes rights or not; however, it isn't very dependent upon whether the weak recognize rights or not, because the weak aren't those who're going to decide the next reality.

Saying Christians and Muslims and atheists all follow that rule is kind of like saying they all follow the laws of physics. In a sense they all do follow it, as they must, but some still dream of the perpetual motion machine that the laws say are impossible. Almost no one is a huge fan of the laws of physics, as if the continued existence of gravity somehow puts a smile on people's faces, as if the continued existence of gravity was ever in any reasonable doubt. That which is beyond human interference is beyond human choice, and thus beyond human concepts of "good" and "bad." You say we follow the rules, but no one meaningfully defends them (or could) just as no one could meaningfully attacks them (or could).

More than anything else here you're confusing a medium for content. Power struggle is the medium through which various ideologies compete, but power struggle isn't really an ideology in and of itself. "Might makes right" isn't really an ethical code so much as a conspicuous lack of one, a message devoid of content implying that the real meaning is something one either would rather leave unsaid or has hitherto left unthought.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 20, 2018, 1:48:33 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Might doesn't necessarily make right; might makes real. Whether that reality is better or worse is dependent upon whether might recognizes rights or not; however, it isn't very dependent upon whether the weak recognize rights or not, because the weak aren't those who're going to decide the next reality.

Saying Christians and Muslims and atheists all follow that rule is kind of like saying they all follow the laws of physics. In a sense they all do follow it, as they must, but some still dream of the perpetual motion machine that the laws say are impossible. Almost no one is a huge fan of the laws of physics, as if the continued existence of gravity somehow puts a smile on people's faces, as if the continued existence of gravity was ever in any reasonable doubt. That which is beyond human interference is beyond human choice, and thus beyond human concepts of "good" and "bad." You say we follow the rules, but no one meaningfully defends them (or could) just as no one could meaningfully attacks them (or could).

More than anything else here you're confusing a medium for content. Power struggle is the medium through which various ideologies compete, but power struggle isn't really an ideology in and of itself. "Might makes right" isn't really an ethical code so much as a conspicuous lack of one, a message devoid of content implying that the real meaning is something one either would rather leave unsaid or has hitherto left unthought.

"Might make right" is a moral code. Basically saying the powerful get to decide what is right or wrong. Twisted and probably unpopular concept but a moral code nevertheless. A scholar can argue what is right or wrong, but becoming meaningless when a soldier challenge him to a trial by combat.
"
deathflower wrote:
"Might make right" is a moral code. Basically saying the powerful get to decide what is right or wrong.
Moral codes are sets of decisions about what's right and wrong; therefore, you're saying that "might makes right" is a moral code wherein the powerful get to decide what the moral codes will be. Because this doesn't actually define a moral code but instead defer it until later, "might makes right" is NOT a moral code.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
deathflower wrote:
"Might make right" is a moral code. Basically saying the powerful get to decide what is right or wrong.
Moral codes are sets of decisions about what's right and wrong; therefore, you're saying that "might makes right" is a moral code wherein the powerful get to decide what the moral codes will be. Because this doesn't actually define a moral code but instead defer it until later, "might makes right" is NOT a moral code.

We know what "might makes right" mean, it is defined, controversial rather than ambiguous, it doesn't disqualify it being a moral code. It state that "Goodness" or "rightness" is decided by strength and is largely malleable instead of static. I think you confused that standards or principles need to be rigid or universal, which I don't agree.

Or a moral code that say "whatever I believe is Good and Right is good and right" is ambiguous as hell but it doesn't that disqualify it being a moral code, just subjective and ambiguous.
I'm not saying might makes "right" . I am saying power makes decisions. And I am just appalled at how so many people hate the Jews for behaving like everyone else in the history of the world.

I would just like to see people who hate Jews and constantly complain about them be consistent, instead of being Jew hating bigots.
"
Khoranth wrote:
I'm not saying might makes "right" . I am saying power makes decisions.
That's what I was saying too.
You have to admit Trump is amazing.

He has actually made the media and democrats actually defend Hamas and MS-13 in the same week.

And last week he made them defend the Iranian regime.

This is ridiculously too funny.
I want cut scenes damnit.

How can you not like steak?
"
You have to admit Trump is amazing.

He has actually made the media and democrats actually defend Hamas and MS-13 in the same week.

And last week he made them defend the Iranian regime.

This is ridiculously too funny.

Dude, the way the press pretended Trump said immigrants were animals, when they knew he was talking about ms-13, shows just how insane, literally, and desperate they are.

The press and democrats who ran with that fake news have literally no shame whatsoever.

It's funny actually, watching the breakdown of such key pillars of our society.

Trump is doing what we voted him in for... drain the swamp.

Who knew their brains would be drained first though.
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

"
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!
10:37 AM - 20 May 2018

Well, you know that for President Trump to tweet that,it means that his team has finally gotten all their ducks in a row, and are now ready to act against the conspirators responsible. It'll be interesting to see how just few career operators are willing to throw themselves in front of a failed ex-president, especially given how their ilk see transitory executives, relative to their own, lasting tenures at their various agencies. It'll be a race to see who plea bargains away Obama and Co. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump

"
Donald J. Trump
‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any such demands or requests were made by people within the Obama Administration!
10:37 AM - 20 May 2018

Well, you know that for President Trump to tweet that,it means that his team has finally gotten all their ducks in a row, and are now ready to act against the conspirators responsible. It'll be interesting to see how just few career operators are willing to throw themselves in front of a failed ex-president, especially given how their ilk see transitory executives, relative to their own, lasting tenures at their various agencies. It'll be a race to see who plea bargains away Obama and Co. =^[.]^=

It is all right on schedule. Summer is the best time for this, people want to be enjoying life, not delving on negative petty things. This means the media will lose a lot of their grasp on the public and Trump can get the legal processes well under way. By the end of summer there should be 2-3 major indictments and a handful of minor ones. The writing will be on the wall, and as you say, there will be people racing to try and get a lesser sentence by flipping on the deep state.

The only obstacle now to Trump's plans for improving the USA are the RINOs who think obstacle based stagnation is they way government should be run. The good news is so many of them open their mouths and proclaim their garbage ideas consistently. They won't be able to back away from them as Trump begins gathering a congressional power base.

Meanwhile, Murder is up 44% in London, we may see the end of the Korean war this summer and China offered a 200 Billion dollar reduction in the trade deficit.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-17/china-said-to-offer-trump-200-billion-cut-in-u-s-trade-deficit

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info