Discharge Build

first up, enduring cry is a much easier method of generating endurance charges, use 2 gems and youre fully charged in 2 casts.

secondly, you have no accuracy nodes, you will have an extremely low chance to acutally hti mobs with your power siphon.

and thirdly, the reason discharge is bad now is because diamond flasks have been removed, these flasks granted 100% crit chance for 1.8 seconds, that was the only way to make discharge good if it always critted, now if you dont crit with it you wasted your charges the mobs around you wont be dead and you will die or you will have to run away and redo the whole thing hoping it crits the next time.. its time consuming, unreliable and dangereous.

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on May 8, 2013, 6:10:02 PM
I haven't made a complete build, but i just got some ideas when i saw the thread.

My idea is an elemental equilibrium discharge build
You need EE(of course), frenzy, fast attack speed weapon and high spell damage wands on weapon change, Enduring cry, elemental weakness, possibly righteous fire, lvl 1 wrath aura or lightning damage on gear.

Gather a group of mobs, use enduring cry(if there are enough mobs you will fill endurance charges with just one cast) shoot frenzy shots, probably with quill rain because of the insane attack speed. Frenzy will fill your charges extremely fast and proc EE with wrath. If you also cast elemental weakness the monsters will lose a total of 100% elemental resists.
Change to wands with high spell damage. Casting righteous fire would double the extreme damage you already do. And you could switch off righteous fire(with a potion) right after casting discharge. This technique will possibly one shot everything.

You could use a power charge on crit with frenzy, along with a increased crit change gem, to gain a few power charges. The damage from the power charges well be reduced by EE, BUT they would give discharge a much higher chance to crit, because of the skills naturally high crit chance (8%)

I'm doing discharge build using loads of fire and burning damage and focusing on burning a lot of enemies at once. With discharge+ele proliferation and endurance charges whole screen just burns, and it deals insane damage. Currently lvl 50 grinding ledge a little. Don't know how the build will be for maps but for farming zones like ledge, fellshrine, docks it is very good because of the mob density the zones have.
Stay awhile and listen!
"
VictorDoom wrote:

and thirdly, the reason discharge is bad now is because diamond flasks have been removed, these flasks granted 100% crit chance for 1.8 seconds, that was the only way to make discharge good if it always critted, now if you dont crit with it you wasted your charges the mobs around you wont be dead and you will die or you will have to run away and redo the whole thing hoping it crits the next time.. its time consuming, unreliable and dangereous.

This is completely irrelevant now.

With power charges, now you can have practically a 90% chance to crit, there are already videos of that on youtube.
The guy was pretty much oneshotting regular packs in Fellshrine, without using any endurance/frenzy charges, only power charges. Practically every hit with Discharge was a crit.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
they had a discharge wander build on the build of the week back in the closed beta. Basically the way it worked was that he used his wands with power siphon, had CI for blood rage and used enduring cry to get the endurance charges. Then when he had enough of each he would use discharge to just nuke the entire crowd. The way i see it, Increased AoE nodes are a must. however, from there you could go one of 2 ways. Since each charge type causes the type of damage that discharge does to change, its possible to choose one specifically for the build. For example, you could focus on fire damage and use enduring cry and possibly something like molten shell with ingite to just add more damage on top or maybe make a arc/spork totem templar that uses power charge on crit and stack crit and added lightning so you can just nuke everything. The other way would be to work on a combination of all of the different charges and try to get the "added elemental damage nodes" on the tree as well as spell power to increase the damage of the elemental explosion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info