3.1 will magnify some problems

First I want to thank GGG for all the content they are able to provide us in less than a year time.
The amount of new game play is astonishing. I also look forward on playing the new content in the new league.

But now the usual piss from the community ;)

Defense
Defense mechanics are nerfed again. After the leech and ES nerfs we have the VP nerf.
Since leech is important for success in this game people are forced to play a few ascendancy classes that provide the leech that is left.
So for 3.1 successful defense will be more difficult. Also the new league seems to provide a new set of affixes that are mostly offensive. Finding good defensive rares will be even more difficult.
The current problems of one-shots is not fixed (as far as we know) and on top of that you have fewer options to outleech the content so people will die more often. Or...

DPS
DPS seems to be more mental than ever before in 3.1. As far as we know there will be no big nerfs to DPS and with the new rare item affixes you get more options to include 'more damage' modifiers as support skills in your setup.

Path of glass canons
The next league seems to become a game of killing the things offscreen or use totems and/or minions. Getting upclose and tank the content is not the way to go in 3.1. This is a bad thing for melee builds unless your melee ends up being ranged like many of the newer melee skill gems are at this moment.

Drop quality
Many people were hyped about the talisman amulets. We have seen a few good ones on the internet, but it was close to impossible to get a decent amulet that league.
The amulets provided many new affixes but the result was that getting a good combination of those affixes turned out to be very rare.
I fear that the upcoming league has this same problem. Yes in theory you can get a very very good item but practically it's close to impossible.
Contrary to what it looks rare items will degrade to even lower quality this league instead of being exciting and powerful.

New league
But I am looking forward to the abyss. It sounds fun like the breaches. I only hope that creatures will be on one spot instead of the breaches where you had to run constantly finding new opponents.

New gems
The new gems look a little boring but the absence of even more 'more modifiers' is a good thing.
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 2:33:28 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
The amulets provided many new affixes but the result was that getting a good combination of those affixes turned out to be very rare.
I fear that the upcoming league has this same problem. Yes in theory you can get a very very good item but practically it's close to impossible.

This exactly will likely happen, we all saw false league "rewards" like legacy Kaoms for 7000ex price. This is carrot on the stick and, we all are stupid donkeys.
Last edited by Elua on Nov 17, 2017, 4:53:20 AM
"
Kaw wrote:

Defense

Since leech is important for facetanking things which are not supposed to be facetanked and where facetanking is not necessary, because you have a movement skill as well, people with absolutely zero skill, who cannot move away from the enemy, are forced to play a few ascendancy classes that provide the leech that is left.

fixed that for you.
np, np, you can thank me later :)
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
Last edited by MarboroMan on Nov 17, 2017, 1:48:58 PM
"
Elua wrote:
This is carrot on the stick and, we all are stupid donkeys.

Story of all online game player's life.
Neden yaşıyorsun?
"
Jideament wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

At least its a shiny carrot with a pseudo 6l and fancy shaper/elder background this time around :D
"
Jideament wrote:
"
Elua wrote:

Also the reason why i've come to hate free2play with all my heart (and will not again start playing any free2play games).
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Elua wrote:

This exactly will likely happen, we all saw false league "rewards" like legacy Kaoms for 7000ex price. This is carrot on the stick and, we all are stupid donkeys.

Except that Elder and Shaper items are part of the new expansion, I believe, and not part of the new league.
"
MarboroMan wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Defense

Since leech is important for facetanking things which are not supposed to be facetanked and where facetanking is not necessary, because you have a movement skill as well, people with absolutely zero skill, who cannot move away from the enemy, are forced to play a few ascendancy classes that provide the leech that is left.

fixed that for you.

Until you have a lagspike mister skillman.
"
Kaw wrote:
"
MarboroMan wrote:
"
Kaw wrote:

Defense

fixed that for you.

Until you have a lagspike mister skillman.

yea, you right.
and thats the situation where u better have some block, eva, armour, dodge, regen, arc armour, rumis, basalt and whatever else instead of sacrificing all that for the version 1.x
no-deff-frenzy-vp-mathil-build.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize
100% agree, elder/shaped items only seemed to give more damage. Haven't seen any with something like "100% increased effect on fortify on you "or "200% life recovery from flask"
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info