3.1 will magnify some problems

How about you wait for the patch notes before going mental? You don't know how they gonna deal with removing VP and what effect that will have on damage. You don't know anything about items yet, opposed to talisman this is not a league mechanic. Dps will definately be nerfed.

I mean have you ever seen an expansion patch? You should know these things honestly.
"
MarboroMan wrote:
yea, you right.
and thats the situation where u better have some block, eva, armour, dodge, regen, arc armour, rumis, basalt and whatever else instead of sacrificing all that for the version 1.x
no-deff-frenzy-vp-mathil-build.

During breach I made a max block melee build with loads of armor, regen, max. resistance, physical damage reduction etc. Had only 50k dps (molten strike with life gain on hit) left after all the defensive measures. On tier 12 it took like 3 minutes to kill a boss.
If you ignore the fact that 3 minute boss fights are unrewarding, also the 3 minute aspect actually increased the chance of dying. Because you are fighting for 3 minutes in a high risk environment on melee distance. On average once every 10 bosses after tier 11 I died. Sometimes I was just running out of flask charges. Sometimes it was a lag spike. Sometimes even with max. physical damage reduction the hits were too strong.

During legacy I made a SRS build. I could run tier 12-13 without a problem. Fast kills everywhere and didn't die a lot because the mobs were fighting my zombies while I was smoking a cigarette.

Last league I made the best build yet. Ancestral Facebreaker. 500k dps from totems while I was chilling in the background. Max. tier 15 this time.

Why would I even try to build a melee character when POE has so many other options that are safer and faster?
Last edited by Kaw on Nov 22, 2017, 9:34:46 AM
"
Miská wrote:
How about you wait for the patch notes before going mental? You don't know how they gonna deal with removing VP and what effect that will have on damage. You don't know anything about items yet, opposed to talisman this is not a league mechanic. Dps will definately be nerfed.

I mean have you ever seen an expansion patch? You should know these things honestly.

Because of every patch since 1.0?
Every patch you did see the same pattern of nerfing parts from the popular builds. VP in this case.
Every patch introduced new 'more damage' elements. Every patch increased the damage output from the environment. Every patch introduced new gamble options without (on average) actually improving the quality of the items. (vendor rares and uniques everywhere every time)

So now we have one-shot meta. It's either the mob or you.
There are almost no chase uniques left and many of the more experienced players pick up only currency and 6 sockets. Even with loot filters there is rare-item-trash everywhere.

And 3.1 seems to continue on this path. New rare affixes. More damage.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Jideament wrote:
"
Elua wrote:
This is carrot on the stick and, we all are stupid donkeys.

Story of all online game player's life.

Also the reason why i've come to hate free2play with all my heart (and will not again start playing any free2play games).

then why are you here?

seriously?

I mean you have 40/40 and you hate free games???
I dont see any any key!
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
Also the reason why i've come to hate free2play with all my heart (and will not again start playing any free2play games).

then why are you here?

seriously?

Isn't that obvious? Got hooked. Lots of game mechanics are great, the f2p aspect is not. At all. It implies so many things that are bad. However, I like quite some of the things in PoE. Call it addicted, if you want to.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

then why are you here?

seriously?

Isn't that obvious? Got hooked. Lots of game mechanics are great, the f2p aspect is not. At all. It implies so many things that are bad. However, I like quite some of the things in PoE. Call it addicted, if you want to.

sooo you would be psyced if suddenly GGG started charging for the game? lol
I dont see any any key!
"
Kaw wrote:

During breach took like 3 minutes to kill a boss.

and that was even before inc boss life?
then try balancing your build next time.
no need to argue about removal of facetank-leech.

if u WANT insta leech for qol, i can understand;
but if u NEED insta leech because you even die with a max block build,
seems u r doing smt wrong there...

why are we even discussing what u call a "leech nerf"?
i dont see a relevant nerf here, when u will still easily have beyond 6k max leech rate.

and why even call it a nerf, when the new vp doesnt need high atk speed anymore?
u can now even have vp-life-sustain without a need for 10 aps.
its a leech buff for every build that doesnt have 8+ frenzies.

what are we discussing here?

u can make 2 aps perfect agony build with like zero hit dmg and still use the new vp for a fckton of leech.

what are we discussing here?

"
Kaw wrote:
...every 10 bosses after tier 11 I died.

dont hug the truck.
Unknown rule type: SetFondSize

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info