[3.16 updated] BRO, DO YOU EVEN SUMMON? Life/ES Dark Pact Skeleton Caster League Starter

"
Nirdana wrote:
Here is my Hybrid version if anyone is interested:

https://pastebin.com/j8ZXnGxp

Thanks, I'll keep it for reference. If did this from the start, probably be easier to get to Delve 1000ish, but still favor increased AoE over more eHP later on.

Delve 1200 done! No real issues so far, smooth sailing) I've set a goal to reach at least 1333, cuz the number looks cool. Initial plan was for 1000 anyway, and that's well over now.

No changes in gear, I'll try last time to make a better dps Helmet and if it doesn't annul properly just give up on that -chaos res)

Spoiler

Only real slot with meaningful upgrade option is Gloves. I'll stick to Vaal Pact for now, but later gonna drop them and run Command of the Pit for Arcane Surge to have it constantly up. Can't run in Helm, cuz 3 skelies per cast will be obliterated by all incoming damage.

Also, wanted to mention some defensive options if anyone struggling. We can run The Pandemonius Amulet. I've tried it in maps, quite notable. Although, we don't benefit from it's offensive side.

Some damage conversion on the helm sounds nice as does Vigilant Strike with Scepters as main weapons + Jewel, Taste of Hate and even Loreweave cuz why not? :)
[Delve] Depth 1997 Solo/Volatile Dead
[Betrayal] Depth 1353 Solo/Dark Pact
[Legion] Depth 1003 Solo/Ice Spear
[Blight] Depth 1137 Solo/Dark Pact
[Metamorph] Depth 1005 Solo/Vortex
Loving this build!

Swapped from a Carcass Jack into a Loreweave and a phys to elemental watchers eye and uber elder was much more smooth. Mapping still feels smooth despite loosing 50% area of of effect.

Command of the pit sounds like a good alternative!
"
_mindspank_ wrote:
Swapped from a Carcass Jack into a Loreweave and a phys to elemental watchers eye and uber elder was much more smooth. Mapping still feels smooth despite loosing 50% area of of effect.

Nice setup you have going on, almost all my defensive dreams put into life :)

For more speed you can run Null and Void gloves, although they picked in price quite substantially as of late. Also swap spell echos between Helm and Chest for +10 dmg and replace Flame Dash with 20/20 or 21/20 in your Battery for faster CD recovery. Can also craft CDR on the belt if you into that.

Missing some quality on Spell Totem Support for faster placement. And quality on Flasks in general :)

If you take Fangs of Viper on your next level, will be enough Dex to run Temp Chains Lvl 21. And if you make white socket with Vorici on boots - can easily swap between Chains and Assassin's Mark for bosses.
Thanks! Yes, I have been leveling up the new spell echo so time to switch now. I will probably run arcane surge for the skellies for uber elder, the animation lock is pretty deadly.

I also tried to run a similar build but with a CoC Scion with a PCoC staff, long story short. Don't :D
"
_mindspank_ wrote:
I will probably run arcane surge for the skellies for uber elder, the animation lock is pretty deadly.

I also tried to run a similar build but with a CoC Scion with a PCoC staff, long story short. Don't :D

Yea, I looked through some of the CoC DP versions and they don't seem that appealing compared to just Occultist.

As for animation locks, they are definitely there. I just need 6 skelies for Delve, there is no alternative. But more annoyed about game just queing up DPs and not letting you dash in time to avoid projectiles. And one more delve thing... tight nodes with alot of chests, sometimes I click those chests accidentally (cuz well you can't really be precise with pointer placement when there are 100 mobs on the screen^^) and it will lock the character into moving towards the chest or stand whatever)

Speaking about mapping, what you can also try is running Solstice Vigil. If you get it with Purity of Elements (should be way cheaper than non-corrupted), you can drop it from Gloves and run Vaal Cold Snap CWDT or Vaal RF. And replace Despair with Lightning Golem. More speed, safety and tons of unreserved mana for no regen/leech maps^^

And add
for no leech.
Depth 1300 done, going strong as ever.

Removed CWDT and few upgrades to gear:

Spoiler

In terms of character progression, only remaining is Low Life if necessary (probably via Belt, as to not break the Wither 4L) and that's it.

Can add corruptions, tho expensive and very slight gain. Small tweeks to jewels here and there, but it's a tear in the Ocean anyways.

Looks like we good to push 2000+ Delve. That might be more challenging then others, but definitely doable). Worst node I've done had monster life as of depth 2500.
So my goal for this league was to finally kill the shaper, with this build I've managed to kill him deathless as well as guardians/red elder! Just wanted to post a massive thank-you, and I was wondering about killing uber elder. Do you have any suggestions about gear upgrades/tips?

EDIT: Attempted UElder yesterday, managed to down him on my second attempt!
Last edited by aastr on Feb 2, 2019, 6:06:32 AM
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the guide. I'm looking to try this build in Standard and have some questions:

1. Which mode would you currently recommend? HP, hybrid, CI?
2. Is Standard gear section up to date?
3. Any cool legacy stuff to go after?

Many thanks,
Marcin
Hi!

The build feels really great - many thanks! It is really affordable and powerful, which is very important if you are a casual player with limited time like me. With around 10ex of total investment I was able to do deathless Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple, red Elder, guardians, etc. most of them on MF gear. I do not even have +1 curse setup nor empower lvl 4. Actually, up to T12 I am running with pair of gryphons instead of wands, and almost all the time I just self-cast DP. After buying empower lvl 4, I would like to try Uber Elder for the first time in my life, and also for the first time, complete the whole atlas.

This brings me to the following question:
Has anyone tried to complete HoGM? I have attempted it yesterday with storm brand, but failed miserably before even reaching the second chest. Since void batteries are so generic I hoped that HoGM will still be possible with this build. Which skills do you recommend to clear HoGM besides balefire on swap?

DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
Hi!

This brings me to the following question:
Has anyone tried to complete HoGM? I have attempted it yesterday with storm brand, but failed miserably before even reaching the second chest. Since void batteries are so generic I hoped that HoGM will still be possible with this build. Which skills do you recommend to clear HoGM besides balefire on swap?

I tried it for 2-3 times before i found out the right combination and now i can quite easily complete it (usually with 1 death or so).

I'm using ball of lightning paired with block chance reduction, lightning pen and the rest is the same as with dp. {no aoe gems of course]
You can add faster projectile for the last pack to kill them from safe distance.
Also had to drop curse to run clarity.

But general idea is just equip block chance reduction gem and use non-chaos skill gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info