[3.8] For Scion - Bloody Explosive Cyclone With Disfavour + Haemophilia (Not a Vaal Pact Build)

What of the new Gems, anything thats good for this Build ? :)
"
Ixiah wrote:
What of the new Gems, anything thats good for this Build ? :)

Herald of Purity is perfect fit for the build. :)
Hi there,
Thanks for the guide. Been playing for years but never played a Scion before. I've got all the gear you mention and I'm excited to give it a go.

You mentioned in a previous post that you could swap out Maim for Damage on Full Life in order to get a lot more up front damage. What do you think about replacing Chance to Bleed instead of Maim? PoB shows a huge decrease in up front damage when Maim is replaced, but not if you replace Chance to Bleed instead. Of course, you're going from 100% chance to bleed to 75%, but if we grab one of the 15% bleed chance nodes right next to Bloodletting, that gets us up to 90%. Obviously I haven't been able to test this yet, but I feel like the difference between 90% and 100% bleed chance would be hardly noticeable, plus you'd get a huge up front damage boost by having both DoFL and Maim together.

What do you think?
"
CerveloShot wrote:
Hi there,
Thanks for the guide. Been playing for years but never played a Scion before. I've got all the gear you mention and I'm excited to give it a go.

You mentioned in a previous post that you could swap out Maim for Damage on Full Life in order to get a lot more up front damage. What do you think about replacing Chance to Bleed instead of Maim? PoB shows a huge decrease in up front damage when Maim is replaced, but not if you replace Chance to Bleed instead. Of course, you're going from 100% chance to bleed to 75%, but if we grab one of the 15% bleed chance nodes right next to Bloodletting, that gets us up to 90%. Obviously I haven't been able to test this yet, but I feel like the difference between 90% and 100% bleed chance would be hardly noticeable, plus you'd get a huge up front damage boost by having both DoFL and Maim together.

What do you think?

Sounds workable to me. You can definitely try that out and run Vulnerability curse. :)
First of all - thanks for the build guide :)

How about using Voidheart instead of Haemophilia ?

I have been playing this build this league - its been fun but I kind of feel squishy in T16 maps , guardians etc.

Looking for ways to improve the defenses. I am running purity of lightning instead of haste with 8% phys to lightning dmg (looking to get more of it from some other slot)

Current gear :

"

Last edited by RocketRandom on Sep 24, 2018, 10:41:22 AM
"
RocketRandom wrote:
First of all - thanks for the build guide :)

How about using Voidheart instead of Haemophilia ?

I have been playing this build this league - its been fun but I kind of feel squishy in T16 maps , guardians etc.

Looking for ways to improve the defenses. I am running purity of lightning instead of haste with 8% phys to lightning dmg (looking to get more of it from some other slot)

Current gear :

Spoiler
"

Haemophilia is better than Voidheart for mapping because of the explosion when killing bleeding mobs.

You can consider a rare Elder amulet with high flat physical damage, life roll and max life leech rate. You can use Jagged fossil to craft this amulet.

Get anti-freeze quick silver flask and you can switch Dream Fragment ring out for a high damage steel ring. Dream Fragment is mainly for Shaper and Elder fights.

Replace one of your life flask with Witchfire Brew.

Check out the flask section for recommended setup.

Run Enfeeble for more toughness. It provides 30% more effective HP. It will be better than running Purity of Lighting for your Watcher's Eye.
Thank you for the response.
"
You can consider a rare Elder amulet with high flat physical damage, life roll and max life leech rate. You can use Jagged fossil to craft this amulet.

I will try to craft one.

"

Get anti-freeze quick silver flask and you can switch Dream Fragment ring out for a high damage steel ring. Dream Fragment is mainly for Shaper and Elder fights.

I had been meaning to do this for a while. Crafted this with a steel ring I had for now - Will look to buy one with more damage

"

Replace one of your life flask with Witchfire Brew.

I bought one but I am confused on this one as per wiki it does not bypass curse limit and I am already running enfeeble.

"
Run Enfeeble for more toughness. It provides 30% more effective HP. It will be better than running Purity of Lighting for your Watcher's Eye.

I have been running enfeeble + purity of lightning on non-temp chain maps. Haste + enfeeble/purity depending on other map mods on temp chain maps
"
RocketRandom wrote:

I had been meaning to do this for a while. Crafted this with a steel ring I had for now - Will look to buy one with more damage

I bought one but I am confused on this one as per wiki it does not bypass curse limit and I am already running enfeeble.

I have been running enfeeble + purity of lightning on non-temp chain maps. Haste + enfeeble/purity depending on other map mods on temp chain maps

You can use Corroded + Pristine fossils to craft that steel ring.

You will need +1 curse in order to run both Enfeeble and Witchfire. Windscream boots, Doedre ring and +1 corrupted amulet will enable to you run a second curse.
Been running this build in Betrayal for a bit, it's just starting to come together and it's great. Clear speed is really good and it's extremely satisfying to mow through entire maps and watching the carnage as they evaporate into red mist.

Still a bit squishy against some things since throwing on Belly threw off my resists, but it's slowly getting back up to where it should be. I think I'm only missing the boots at this point since they are a few ex, everything else was easy to get, so I can definitely recommend this as something to play as league starter (though you'll probably have to use an alternate weapon till you can afford Disfavour, which isn't too expensive, bought a nicely rolled 5l one for about 90c, but probably cost prohibitive at league start)
For Disfavour axe, a cheap way is to buy a unlinked high rolls one and link it with Jeweller's Touch (5l) prophecy, then get Hillock in Transportation for a 28% quality craft on weapons which upgrades the PDPS quite a bit.

why use Despair + Punishment instead of Vulnerability + Punishment?
Also if you have some currency to spare is better to get a Enfeeble or Vulnerability on Hit with the Haemophilia gloves

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info